• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've seen monsters chasing dreams; Chasity
    She knows there is magic in the world. Sometimes she is certain that she can feel it pulsing deep beneath the earth, its secrets whispered between the rustle of leaves. She listens to stories of fairies and enchantments and captures them, holds them close to her heart.

She should be enchanted by Nikkai’s words. She hears her speak of the magic that was gifted to her and how from it, their beloved waterfall was reborn. It is still here! She can watch rainbows dance across the cascading waters one more. The beginnings of a smile touches her lips, but it quickly fades. Though she should be filled with wonder and awe, she finds herself shaken. The same words echo through her troubled mind. When I came back from death.

“You died?” she whispers.

Her eyes are filled with concern as she brushes her muzzle tentatively against her friend’s jaw, feeling flesh and bone, reminding herself that she is solid and real. How long has it been since she last saw the dear warrior? She traces timelines in her mind.

Chasity was not young when she left the falls. She lived a long and beautiful life under the spell of the rushing waters. She still remembers the day that she left Beqanna, saddened but hopeful for retirement with her dearheart at her side. They had plans to explore foreign lands, to dance through endless plains and sleep entwined under the shimmering stars. And yet when she tries to think of her time with her partner beyond the horizon, there is emptiness.

When I came back from death.

The words call to her, but she holds them back as she wonders how she ended up in these transformed lands alone. She would never have abandoned The Maker, nor would he have left her side. Her heart aches and she misses him, the faithful stallion with the goofy grin.

She concedes that she cannot remember what happened in the years after they left her kingdom. There is nothing, no memories until she found herself just some weeks ago in this upside-down world on her own. Blackness.

She cannot ignore the pull of those words any longer.

“How long?” she asks, her voice catching in her throat. “How long has it been?” And then, her heart pounding so furiously in her chest she can barely hear, “Nikkai, I don’t think I’m meant to be here.”

CHASITY

listen to the birds sing softly.

LOL and I thought 14 human years made me feel old!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've seen monsters chasing dreams; Chasity - by Chasity - 03-28-2020, 05:39 AM