• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She has been restless for days, but it pales in comparison to how she feels now. It’s been weeks that she has been too large to comfortably leave Sylva, every step feeling far more frustrating and arduous than it should have. She hadn’t thought it was possible to feel this sickening combination of both needing to move but being too exhausted to do so, but it’s been her state for days and she is sure Ophanim is tired of her by now.

It surprises her, as always, that he doesn’t leave; she isn’t sure how many times she can follow up her biting words with a frustrated apology before he just disappears entirely, and yet, he never does. “I’m sorry,” she says quietly after snapping at him again for no reason, curling beneath his wing and laying her cheek against his shoulder. “I promise I’ll just be my normal mean after this baby is born.” She exhales a frustrated sigh before adding in agitation, “If it ever decides to be born.” 

The sun dips lower on the horizon, and the restlessness gives way into active pain, and she knows that she is finally getting her wish. Lowering her head to press into Ophie’s chest she closes her eyes and grits her teeth, her muscles tense and rigid, until finally she can no longer resist the mounting pressure. She gives in to what her body tells her to do, and she lowers herself to the ground with a low groan.

The first filly comes, and though her sides are damp with effort and her muscles ache, Starsin sits herself upright, stretching to clear the newborn’s face. She recoils, though, at how cold she feels, and immediately worry etches its way into the lines of her face. She ignores the tightening of the contractions that continue to grip her, working her tongue instead across the filly’s peach colored skin. “She’s cold,” she says to Ophie, her throat tight with anxiety as the more she dries the filly off the more frost begins to swirl across her fur, revealing glowing lines along her back as she does so. She is entirely healthy otherwise, squirming and alive, but the fact that her skin feels almost as cold as ice makes it impossible for Starsin to feel reassured.

She recoils from her when the pressing pain intensifies, sucking in a sharp breath as she tries to hide the edge of panic in her voice when she looks up at Ophie and asks, “Can you try to keep her warm? I don’t understand why she’s so cold, but –” She bites back a cry of pain, her focus shifting to the second child that refuses to wait any longer. Pale ribbons of moonlight catch the way her coat glistens with sweat in places, her nearly black mane clinging to her neck as she groans and strains, until there is another filly wet and trembling on the ground behind her. 

Relief floods her when she touches her black skin and finds that she is warm, like she is supposed to be, her voice soft when she murmurs sweet nothings while cleaning and drying her face, admiring the soft glow of her halo. Tired though she is, Starsin stands, gently nosing the little black filly before again touching the frosted one that still lay curled at her father’s feet, and she feel some of her previous worry begin to fade. “They’re beautiful,” she says quietly before pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth and adding with a coy smile. “How do you always manage to give me such pretty babies?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can't speak, Ophanim - by Starsin - 03-18-2020, 02:33 PM