• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your string of lights is still bright to me
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

The answer the boy gives is flippant, but it sounds quite wonderful to Gale. Swimming beneath the sea, able to see as clearly as he can see the colt in front of him? Marvelous.

The boy’s awkwardness grows less intense, and the brindle stallion tilts his head curiously. He’s not especially skilled in conversation, but it seems they’ve managed to get on more solid ground with the request to see from the boy’s point of view. The boy. Gale realizes that he doesn’t know the child’s name. 

”I’m Gale,” says the youth, shaking his salt-stiff mane, and stretching. He’d grown warm in the early autumn sun, and a bit stiff as well. If he’s to catch the golden colt before he reaches the sea, he needs to move quickly. Get beneath the water? Gale slides to a stop, splashing a bit in the salty water that froths at his fetlocks.

”Oh I was thinking I would stay up here, above the water.” Gale’s voice is firm, though he tosses a suspicious electric blue glance to the churning water. ”I have a gift,” the stallion explains, ”I can see anything that you see, from your eyes.”

An eagle, black as night, appears overhead. It dives at Gale’s head, hooked beak parted in a silent scream. Its heavy wings make no sound as they beat furiously, black talons reaching for his neck. Then, quick as a blink, it is gone.

”It’s good for other stuff too,” The pale haired youth adds casually, unperturbed by what might have been a little to frightening for a child of @[Cormorant]’s age.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your string of lights is still bright to me - by Gale - 04-18-2020, 08:02 PM