• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  first blood

l i v i n i a.

She stares at the broken rabbit lying prone between her hooves with a sense of fascination.  She watches as the furry creature’s chest rises and falls in ragged breaths. She’d broken the creature’s back. She was sure of this - she’d felt the bones give way beneath her hooves. She lowers her nose to the creature, inhaling deeply.  It was an unnecessary action, sure, but the scent of blood and of death seemed to trigger something within her - some instinct that had been dormant until this moment.

The creature had stilled.  Blood dripped slowly onto the dry, sunbaked earth below.  Something stirred within her - something akin to hunger but not quite the same.  So the girl sinks her teeth into the flesh. Equine teeth were not made for this purpose, but the flesh gives way all the same and the filly drinks greedily. 

It wasn’t much, but what she was able to drain from the animal was enough. For the first time in her young life, she felt sated.  There was no revulsion in her mind, only relief. She could feel the viscous liquid dripping from her lips as she raised her head. She frowned at the scene - not at the dead creature, at the mess she’d made in her attempt to feed.  It felt clumsy and that made her uncomfortable.

She huffed, upset by the lack of an obvious solution.

such is life, such is death.

@[Beyza]

Messages In This Thread
    first blood - by Livinia - 02-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: first blood - by Beyza - 02-13-2020, 05:24 PM
    RE: first blood - by Livinia - 02-22-2020, 03:22 PM
    RE: first blood - by jamie - 02-22-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: first blood - by Beyza - 02-25-2020, 01:59 PM
    RE: first blood - by Livinia - 02-26-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: first blood - by jamie - 03-02-2020, 02:37 PM