• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Back and forth; any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Ignoring most of the boy’s facial features - he’s used to being with kids and weirdly okay with it by now - the frosted roan takes the colt’s actions in with bemusement plastered onto his face. He waits for the excitement to cool off, though it only does so barely; just about long enough to remember some form of politeness, or so it seems.

”There’s rules about stealing, you know - they can claim you right back if you go too early. Trust me, I don’t like it either. I spent a week in this here spot when I escaped my stealing-land long ago.’” The draconic stallion grins a bit, though it comes with a sour aftertaste, evident in the way his brown eyes don’t join in when he does. He’s just about polite enough himself, not to mention it was Loess stealing him, and slightly proud of that fact. After all, the boy’s parents had nothing to do with it, as it was several kings before this one. A very different time in Beqanna. ”Take a breather, kiddo. I’ll get you home or die trying. In the meantime, let’s make sure you haven’t been followed.”

Putting his money where his mouth is, Leilan steps forward to sniff the boy and then walks a few paces to where his trail starts - but it is easy enough to see that there is no trail except through the sky, and the foliage is thick. ”You flew all this way?” he asks the colt, almost hesitantly, then shrugs. Well, he’s already somewhat-adopted the kid now, so there’s no way back. ”My name’s Leilan. I’m a dragon too, if that makes you feel any better.” He shrugs, like it’s really no big deal. And it isn’t, to him. Castile was once the very first dragon, which was impressive, but having seen Ruinam, and himself, and sometimes traces of others - didn’t Tephra have one, or maybe they were Loessians - with more dragons spawning each birthing season, he stopped being overly impressed. And perhaps, perhaps he’d just asked the fairies to complete his slow metamorphosis a little quicker, because he wanted to keep up. Just maybe. But that didn’t make him any more impressive than he used to be with the scales and teeth.

But hey, anyway - there’s a kid to watch out for; Castile and Oceane’s kid, even.

And since Al’s not yet being followed… ”Almost midnight, Cinderella. Let’s say hi to your parents.” With that - and an obviously mischievous smirk on his face - he starts their trek in a westward direction. The path is not straight for a land-bound horse, but he knows the way in this part of the Forest well enough. He could of course, opt to fly - but the way Alcinder’s little wings seem to drag just a little when he’s not paying attention to upholding them, suggests enough muscle strain for today. Besides, there’s the rule - they have to check if the Pangeans actually hadn’t paid enough attention to this little culprit. Soon as he isn’t followed or searched for well enough though, they will be free to openly cross to Loess.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Alcinder] end here continue in Loess? Or you can make a post saying he rushes forward at some point to make it work with your current Loess thread
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-04-2020, 04:53 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Alcinder - 02-11-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-11-2020, 04:05 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Alcinder - 02-16-2020, 07:13 PM
    RE: Back and forth; any - by Leilan - 02-18-2020, 09:49 AM