• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | neverwhere
    She has no expectations of Lepis, not sympathy or congratulations, not friendship, certainly - it is rare she reaches out for that - nor for any reckoning for Wolfbane's actions He has done nothing to her but he represents a threat to those few that she holds close. A threat that lurked unseen in plain view, and it is that which draws her ire out, then and now. More so, now, knowing that the threat grows, and who is there to stop it? There is also, somewhere deep in the anger, a coal that burns on Lepis' account, for the betrayal that Lilliana played her little part in. She says nothing, but reins in the fury that makes her eyes flash because it aims its barbs in the wrong direction. The dun is a victim - perhaps of the curse, perhaps simply of a disloyal husband, who's to say? But, she does not deserve what Neverwhere lays at her feet, not in this context.

It has not occurred to Neverwhere that perhaps it is Wolfbane that has taken Heartfire. There is no reason to assume it was him, but no reason to assume it was not. If he can take any shape, if he is cursed what ability might be at his beck and call? She never truly knew what he was capable of doing, but Heartfire had not been deeply concerned by the visions she had plucked from those cloudy eyes.

Did she know? Could she know?

What do you do about a curse?

A request for information is made and the dun is wise to attempt to make it such as commands have no affect on Neverwhere, except perhaps in the opposite direction, digging in her heels like an obstinate child.

"And then what? Will you heal him? Kill him? Lock him away in Loess? Can you do any of those things? I would be happy to see an end to this before he has an opportunity to hurt my friends, but what little I know of Lepis mostly involves threats to the kingdom I have been charged with leading, so you'll forgive me if I lack faith in your good intentions where Nerine is involved."

Lepis' skyward glances are not missed, and it is easy to guess that she is eager to go, to take to the sky before the wind grows too wild, before the storms hit. Though not a flier herself, the dappled mare has seen the birds struggle, has seen inexperienced gulls blown until they shatter against the cliffs. A lack of faith, but not of practicality.

"That storm will hit soon, perhaps sooner than you think. The wind moves fast when there's nothing but the sea in its way." She pauses, meeting the iron gaze with a return of her usual coolness, though a scowl still pulls at her lips, "You should stay until it's done, I'm sure you'd find it inconvenient to break those pretty wings on the rocks."

Her head tilts slightly to one side, it's almost impossible to imagine that the offer will be accepted. She thinks Lepis must fear entrapment almost as much as she wishes to find whatever is left of her ex-husband.

"We will not try to hold you here, of course."

Neverwhere

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | neverwhere - by Lepis - 01-11-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | neverwhere - by Neverwhere - 01-21-2020, 07:52 PM