• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | neverwhere
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

There is no way to break the curse that afflicts her former husband.

It’s what Wolfbane had always told her, but to have Leliana confirm that it is beyond the abilities even of her magic was nearly the final blow. A year has passed since she has looked into those familiar olive eyes, and it has been longer still since she recognized the man looking out of them. The curse had plenty of time to seep in, starting so slow that she never even noticed until it was far too late. There are times she berates herself for not seeing it. Those times have become far less frequent since her move to Loess several seasons past – even if she’d caught it early there would have still been nothing she could do.

Lepis has put this visit off long enough, but it is her last resort.

The dun mare knows that Heartfire is as likely to disintegrate her as to listen to what she has to say, but Lepis can no longer live with herself if she does not try. There is no getting her husband back, but that does not mean that the rest of Beqanna should remain exposed to him. The winged pinto only knows what she has been told, but the roan mare that she comes north to find will know more. If there is anyone with more firsthand experience with the curse than Heartfire, Lepis does not know who it would be.

A bitter wind lifts her without much effort on her part, and soon the mare with the tricolor wings lands in Nerine. She’s somewhere south of the heart of the kingdom, on a patch of land blown bare by wind. It is mostly bald granite, but a few hardy mosses cling in the crevices, and a winter bare tree shakes wind-stunted branches a few dozen yards away. Someone will find her eventually, she knows. Pulling her wings more snugly around herself, the blue-haired mare hopes that it is quite soon.

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

@[Neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | neverwhere - by Lepis - 01-11-2020, 09:11 PM