• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anywhere i go there you are; starsin, any

you are miles away but i still feel you

Quiet.

Quiet seems to have been the theme of his life lately. He spent years in the quiet backcountry of Beqanna, straightening out the heavy mix of emotions that Scorch’s words brought him. He spent a few quiet hours in the Meadow, walking the tightrope between the life of a loner and the life of a soldier. And now he’s spent quiet time in Sylva — though it seems the territory itself is a rather casual place — since Starsin had invited him in.

Hestoni has grown fond of the autumnal forest, especially the way the sunrises catch on the reds, golds, and yellows of the leaves. A restlessness he hasn’t felt since his time in the Jungle often startles him awake in the fragile early hours of dawn. You are ready, his soul seems to whisper as the weak sunlight breaks past the fog. Do more.

So he begins to patrol. It’s been at least a decade since he had last walked the length of a border, and yet the task feels natural. Hestoni’s tall, broad form pushes easily through the remaining fog, leaving thin whisps in his path. It feels good to stretch his muscles after the night’s rest… It also feels good to allow his mind to focus on the task, the healing of his heart making it easier to leave his thoughts of Scorch in the past.

The sound of a branch snapping draws Hestoni’s attention. His warm brown eyes search the inner-workings of the forest as his deep voice calls out. “Who’s there? Show yourself.”

hestoni

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    anywhere i go there you are; starsin, any - by Hestoni - 01-10-2020, 03:18 PM