• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  [ROUND 2] i can feel the flames on my skin
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><style>.lucrezialayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#8dbbb1;} .lucreziagradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -o-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .lucreziapic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3Hghs.png');background-size:contain;margin-top:-55px;} .lucreziaquote {width:600px; font-size:26px;font-family: 'Allura', cursive;color:#1d2f3e;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:20px;} .lucreziapost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:5px;text-align:justify;font:13.5px times;color:#091016;}</style><center><div class="lucreziagradient"><div class="lucrezialayout"><div class="lucreziaquote"><center>Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water</center></div><div class=lucreziapost>Pulling her wings close together, their warm fills her. Lucrezia lets out a soft laugh as peace consumes her once more. She steps back from the winged pillar, wondering if maybe this wasn’t a nightmare after all. Her dreams have been interesting as of late—filled with all sorts of different things she has forgotten about. Maybe this was just another one of those dreams—a dream where she could do anything, have it all.

Her nutmeg gaze then turns back up towards the winged pillar. She didn’t have to imagine what it was like to wear a different pair of wings. She could wear them all, but the pillar with horns draws her attention suddenly when she remembers it. Moving towards it, she examines it, finding one she would like to try. <i>Perhaps some antlers!</i> She thinks with a soft laugh, amusing herself.

The sound of her laughter, light and airy, is cut off suddenly. Her ears flicker back and forth when the sound of the familiar song is played, the haunting music she wished to never hear again (the fear he filled her with). It sends a shiver down her spine; her eyes widen with horror instantly. She doesn’t even notice the dome enclosing around them. Lucrezia doesn’t turn to look between the pillars where he—Bruise—appears. She knows without a doubt she will find the same silver buckskin devil that killed her.

Her throat suddenly feels tight in her chest. Breathing becomes harder as the familiarity of panic rises in her. Once again, her body forsakes her, letting the monster freely into her mind, blinding her with love as he feeds her with fear.

“Lucrezia,” Bruise says like a sweet hymn, but there is poison between it all.

She can feel her heart burst with love for him again as he fills her mind with memories of intimate moments they shared. His kisses on her skin. The beautiful daughter they had created. <I>Daughter?</i> She questions for a moment but the thought slips away, replaced with reminders of her need for him. Without him there was no life. <I>There was nothing without him</I>.

“Nothing?” She whispers softly.

<I>RUN!</i> Her mind screams to her suddenly.

Shaking her head, Lucrezia turns to meet the gaze of the beast. Immediately, she knows she is facing the devil once more. Her entire body shakes with fear as her mind keeps yelling at her to run. The memory and the agony of her death comes flashing before her. She cannot run, her hooves are grounded deep into the dirt and she is frozen from where she stands staring at the beast.

Bruise comes to her like he always did before when she thought he loved her. Except there is no longer love in his eyes now. The monster didn’t need to wear the mask any longer. Lucrezia already knew what he was capable of, what kind of monster he really is.

She steps back as he closes the distance between them. Pushing herself against the surface of the horn pillar. The familiar smirk crosses over his lips, disappointment and hunger are written all over his face.  “You are not worthy,” He says with bitterness. Lucrezia looks down, instantly ashamed. She heard his words before. The same words he told her before he killed her. “Still you are a disappointment.” His words are like knives in her skin, and she slumps further into the darkness of her mind.

“You will always be nothing, Lucrezia!” Bruise spits.

<I>Will I always be?</i> She wonders.

Lucrezia knows throughout her life she has been a disappointment. She was never there when those she loved most needed her. Not even her own family had found her worthy—she had disappointed them. The Desert had flooded because of her she thinks. She had let down Magnus. Even Tephra too when she abandoned them as their leader. Now she was going to let her own father down. Why did he even think it was worth saving her? She knew deep down she was never worthy of a second chance.

“You always will be nothing,” he says again, stepping closer. She can feel the song of his fear playing again. It fills her with doubt and panic, but something in the back of her mind whispers to her—a light within the darkness. <I>That isn’t you anymore, Lucrezia</i>. It was her father’s voice.

A small piece of hope, but it was all she needed.

She looks up instantly when she hears the monster take another step forward. “I will be something!” Lucrezia screams back fiercely. The song of fear fades away. She no longer can hear its haunting call or the whispers of his lies. He would not be given that chance again—never again.

Lucrezia lunges forward at the silver buckskin. Her wings spread wide as she flaps them quick and hard, sending a gust of wind his way. Bruise takes several steps back, fear filling his own eyes for a moment. Lucrezia doesn’t let the distance grow between them.

A laugh escapes from Bruise’s lips, almost as if he is so pleased with the turn of events. He welcomes it. Bruise lunges forward, his head down, attempting to bash his goat horns into her, but Lucrezia rears up in time. Her hooves strike out with all her strength. She hears a loud crack as her hooves bash against his skull. Bruise stumbles forward, and his body thuds at the same time as she comes down from her rear.

Bruise moans quietly with agony. Lucrezia watches him intently, almost believing he will rise up and try to attack her again. However, his quite moans of pain is followed quickly by agony as a pool of blood slowly flows from underneath him. She watches silently as the blood flows towards her and stains her hooves—marking her a killer.

She was not a killer though.

It was her vengeance.

Her victory.</div><div class=lucreziaquote style="padding-top:0px;"><center>...too close to the bottom.</center></div><div class=lucreziapic></div></div></div></center>
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [ROUND 2] i can feel the flames on my skin - by Lucrezia - 01-15-2020, 01:16 PM