• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  break me like a promise — carnage
    <center><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Nothing+You+Could+Do&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><div style="width: 500px; background:linear-gradient(to top, rgba(235,235,240,0) 500px,rgba(235,235,240,1) 800px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/rmgVLwKC/52-CE29-FB-83-B3-47-AA-85-AF-79-DDF90-A03-B7.jpg')bottom center no-repeat,#EBEBF0;padding:0px 0px 700px 0px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 1px; border: 1px solid #273137;"><div style="text-align:center;font:20px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color:#283238; padding:15px;line-height:75%;">she fell for the idea of him<br>and ideas were a dangerous thing to love</div><div style="opacity:0.9;width:450px;text-align:justify;padding:10px;font:12px 'Times', serif;color:#000;background:#C5D2DF;box-shadow:0px 0px 12px 0px;border:1px solid #273137;">She can’t remember when the darkness first took root inside of her, when it first twisted its way around her sense of morality and bred in its wake a certain kind of selfishness. It has always served as a sort of contradiction to what she appeared as; pristinely white, and now with the ambered illumination of her halo reflecting off the darkness of her eyes and the angel-wings tucked at her sides. Inside, though, she could be a wretched thing. She knew it, even if she didn’t always choose to recognize it, but anyone that had suffered at the hands of her selfishness — namely, Skellig — would be unlikely to argue.

It’s why even she is surprised to find herself here, at the base of the mountain when the first light of dawn touches the top of it. She cannot remember the last time she did something that was not directly for her own benefit, and it spawned an unsettling feeling in her chest. Atrox has not had a heart for nearly as long as she’s known him; it was similar to her having been blind so long, it was just a part of them, just the way that they were. That wasn’t enough to spur her to do something; it was learning that Magnus had lost his memories of Atrox that forged that restless and uneasy feeling in the cavern of her chest. 

She wouldn’t call it <I>love</i> — that was never the right word — but there was <I>something</i> that brought her here. 

There is an eerie silence when she stands at the summit, with a cool fog that nearly smothers the glow she can’t seem to shake anymore. She is quiet, her heart nervously fluttering in her chest as she waits, not even sure how she was going to explain her request; to explain that she needed to find a heart that is buried in a land that no longer exists. </div><div style="font: 30px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif; color: #283238;text-align:right;padding-right:25px;">ryatah</div></div></div>

@[Carnage]

Messages In This Thread
    break me like a promise — carnage - by Ryatah - 01-04-2020, 10:39 PM