• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Each morning, Pteron wakes with a sense of existential dread. There is no brief period of happiness before it sinks in (that had vanished months ago), just heavy blue-black dread. The fog of Taiga feels fitting now, where before it had seemed nearly eerie. If only it would dampen emotion as easily as it dampens sight and sound and smell.

The dun stallion walks through the woods, tall trees looming out of the fog only when they are a few yards away. His path is aimless, though the general direction is north. Reia prefers the southern part of the territory, closer to Loess, and Pteron is unlikely to come across her here. He makes it all the way to the ocean without finding a single soul, and breathes deep of the salt air as he moves down the rocky beach. He might have paced like this for hours – he has certainly done so often. But his hoof lands on something that is not wave-smoothed granite, and Pteron glances down.

It’s a starfish.

Bright and pink and totally out of place on the Taigan shore. What had brought it here, he wonders? A storm? A predator? Delicately, he picks it up with his teeth and flings it back toward the sea. There is little hope for it, even as it splashes down in the deep water, but Pteron couldn’t simply let it die without making some effort. As the splash of its landing fades away, he wonders if perhaps he should have taken it back to Ischia (where he is sure all starfish live). Too late now, he decides, and nearly turns back to continue his pacing.

There’s no reason he can’t take himself to Ischia.

Taiga has a friendship with the land, and it is well within his responsibilities to take a trip to other lands. He’d made no such political trips since his coronation, and surely this would be a logical one. Surely Reia could not object to that? He’ll just stay very far from Aquaria.

Which is of course how he finds himself at her cove, the guilt in his belly for endangering her not loud enough to keep him away.

He folds his wings to his sides and begins to look around, only to find himself confronted with a half-grown (but very angry) tiger.

-- pteron --

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Pteron - 12-31-2019, 11:35 AM