• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  seek me out; round ii
    <div style="margin: auto;width: 90%;max-width: 750px;background-image: url('https://tinyurl.com/v8bzwb7');background-size: 800px;padding-top: 460px;background-position: 50% -1%;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-color: #000000; box-shadow: 0 0 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.9);overflow: hidden;">
    <div style="padding: 30px 50px; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.3);font-family: georgia;color: #8d6b6f;font-size: 11px;line-height: 160%;letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: justify;"><div style="color: #b68991;text-align: center;border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(190, 150, 157, 0.4);padding: 10px;padding-top: 0;"><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Kristi|Rochester|Kreon&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><font face="Kristi" size="6px">for the call of the running tide</font></div>
    <br />Oceane does not kneel at the waters edge for long. Praying for thanks to a nonexistent deity for the oasis sprawled before her will not save the opaline mare from the dry dust in her lungs or the scorching heat upon her hide. And so she submerges herself. She finds her lavender hooves, stumbling but not caring, and plunges herself into the water.<br><br>Its icy fingers grip her tight. It's colder than expected, sending a shiver into the marrow of her bones. But she doesn't care; it is better than the desert heat, and it pulls the recent memory of Mchawi away from the forefront of her mind. Oceane sighs deeply as she folds her long legs beneath her, letting the crystalline oasis water lap into her flight feathers and over the sweat-slick expanse of her pearlescent back.<br><br>Her relief lives only a half-life. As she opens her gilded eyes to her surroundings once more, Oceane observes a thick fog. It seizes her chest in panic and forces her white-ringed gaze to dart in every direction, searching again for Nau-Aib or Mchawi or the King. Instead, she finds a cliff and a distraught obsidian woman standing upon it.<br><br><i>Aida!</i> calls on the breeze, and then the woman is close - too close - to teetering over the edge of the cliff. Oceane tries to move toward her, tries to call out to her, but the scenery changes just as quickly as she can blink the oasis water from her eyes.<br><br>Sand dunes, as far as her wide amber eyes can see. A desert. Again. Fear grips her tight. It coaxes her to twist in a circle, looking for the black opal body of Mchawi and the evidence of his magik, and then -<br><br>She almost mistakes the dark stallion for Mchawi. But his eyes, instead of feeding on Oceane's fear, have collided with those of an unfamiliar palomino mare. And it's on that mare that Oceane's amber eyes focus, the one on the cliff forgotten. It's the palomino mare, her ribs broken, falling beneath the weight of the orange-eyed stallion that Oceane's heart breaks for.<br><br>That could have been <i>her</i> beneath the hooves of the King.<br><br>The scenes replay themselves in a horrific loop, but this time Oceane runs for the palomino woman. She cries a war-cry so loud and piercing that it rings even in her own pinned ears. Her lavender hooves collide powerfully with the earth with each stride and as she draws nearer and nearer to the duo, the magik gifted to her by Beqanna rises forth in her throat. It calls upon the sand snakes and scorpions, the desert spiders and other creatures poisonous enough to do harm against this dark stallion.<br><br>And they <i>answer</i>.<br><br>From the dunes come countless serpents, harvestmen, and arachnids. And upon the orange-eyed stallion they do converge, giving Oceane time to place herself between him and the palomino mare.<br><br><font style="color: #e5c9b1;">"Run,"</font> she tells the woman breathily as she spreads her glimmering wings, beacons of light in the setting sun, to shield the nameless woman from the sight of the wildlife seeking prey in the dark stallion.<br><br>The woman stands. And they run.<br /><br>
    <hr>
    <center>round 2 | <font style="color: #e5c9b1;">speech</font></font></center></div></div>
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    seek me out; round ii - by anatomy - 12-04-2019, 06:38 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by bean - 12-04-2019, 07:29 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Oceane - 12-04-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Castile - 12-05-2019, 02:12 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Ruthless - 12-05-2019, 02:54 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Neverwhere - 12-06-2019, 07:39 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Aquaria - 12-06-2019, 10:29 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Wishbone - 12-06-2019, 11:47 PM
    RE: seek me out; round ii - by Lilt - 12-07-2019, 03:29 AM