• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Come Along to the River; Round 1
    <center><div style="width:300px; background-color:#152d31; border:#000000 solid 0px;"><table background="http://data.whicdn.com/images/96046783/large.jpg" style="background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color: ##152d31; width:300px" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><center>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Dancing+Script" rel="stylesheet">
    <div align="justify" style="font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: times; color: #fff; line-height:12px; padding:10px 10px 10px 10px;"><div style=font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 20px; color: #fff; line-height: 67%; text-align: center;"></div><p>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <i>
    Takotsubo cardiomyopathy.

The muscles of her heart flex and strain. They seem to splinter apart and there is nothing the mare can do, nothing can ease the impending breaking of her fractured heart. When the darkness had begun to crawl around the edges of her honey amber eyes, a serene smile replaces the gagging struggle for air as her throat closes and her lungs begin to give up..and still the heart rips and tears as it struggles to go on but there is no one by her side...Manhattan has abandoned her a quickly as he came to her under the moonlight to whisper incantation of love promises, weaving within the dark tangles of her wild mane.

She thinks of her children, all so painfully beautiful and laughing in the golden sun. They are her legacy despite her small and near nonexistence. She would not leave the world marred like many that have come before her and those that will come after. She is but a small fragile seashell that is tumbled and beaten against the shore till it becomes nothing but minuscule grit.

October welcomes the collapse of her organs, the final sweetness of painlessness at the final beat of her heart.

Finally her suffering will end.

----------

Sweet dreams of happier times cover her like a soft blanket in her final rest. She remembers the way Sariel had found her that day alone in the field. A small twist of a horse, caught between the worlds where a filly becomes a mare, shivering and scared to be so alone when the world felt so big. He had appeared with his wide smile and kind eyes. His words promised to care for her, comfort her, protect her and she had swallowed them greedily. Black stocking legs joyfully bounced beside him as she stole girlish glances when she thought he was not looking...but he saw everything...he saw <i>her</i>.</i>

---------------

<i>'I have been dreaming.'</i> The lukewarm whimsy of a lifetime past flows through the murk of her fever sick brain. The dark eyed mare draws a breath that weaves through her pine needle clogged throat, itching and angry. A soft moan escapes through parted lips of smudged black and she pulls her legs beneath her. They creak and groan but October is barely aware.

A rush of winter cold, fresh and frightening, startles her awake and the empty skull that had been the only remainder of her insignificant existence is now flushed with blood and muscle. She can feel her eyelids crawl back slowly, filled with gritty sand. Sunlight stung her painfully as it never had when she dreamed...she could feel the warmth on her heaving sides...but it is the sound of her heart beating in her ears that urges her to go on, a gentle push as it urges her to rise...to find her feet and go on and not allow herself to just be shaded in the shadows of all who passed her on their own roads to glory.

She drinks deeply on the frozen air with honey eyes wide and knowing before her feet are gathering and forcing her upright. What kind of magic is this? Why rouse her sleeping remains? She had been punished enough by those she loved and those she thought had loved her...but love should never be only one sided. October blinks slowly as she becomes aware (as much as she fights it) she is no longer a collection of bones and wild flowers.

<b>"Where am I?"</b> Rusted, clotted words echo against her own ears on a tongue that felt swollen and uncoordinated. One leg hesitantly reaches, stumbles, then reaches again...she is moving like a newly born foal...embarrassing...but something urges her to try again.

<i>(please try again, always try again)</i>

The little voice pleads desperately and so she must obey.
    </b>
    <div style="font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive; font-size: 50px; color: #fff; transform: lower case; line-height: 60%; text-align: right; padding: 00px 0px 0px 0px;">October</div></div></div></td></tr><font color=white face=times new roman size=2><i></i></font></font></table></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Nikkai - 11-06-2019, 12:03 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Larva - 11-06-2019, 04:10 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by October - 11-06-2019, 08:48 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Dillan - 11-07-2019, 12:08 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Nadya - 11-07-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Satan - 11-08-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Cress - 11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Ozzie - 11-09-2019, 11:04 AM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by brigade - 11-09-2019, 12:31 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Faulkor - 11-09-2019, 02:11 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Vox - 11-09-2019, 04:18 PM