• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
    [private]  Don’t want you to think that I care; Jesla
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    Life on Icicle Isle was easy to re-adjust to for the frosted stallion. He spent his days finding food in the snow with his adjusted vision, remembering that for him it was so much easier than for others to do so, to spot the warmer patches where grass, fruits, or the occasional hare were hiding. Mostly, it was easier to find food and warmth because he no longer held himself to a strict vegetarian diet; something he had outright refused to do when he had been gifted, or cursed, with the teeth that were really unsuitable for grazing.

But other than food he never really ventured towards the forested part of the Isle. Mostly this was an old habit, as he had known Phasus to reside there for quite some time. Even though no opposing horses lived there any longer and the scaled roan wasn’t in a supposed leadership position anymore, it still felt wrong to go there if he didn’t need to.

He’d made himself a little something near the not-frozen lake, the place a reminder of what was indeed the coldest place in Beqanna he could find. If that wasn’t enough, he didn’t know what would be.

It might occur to some that he was over-doing it, with his quest. But she asked of him to test himself, he knew, and perhaps also to prove to the world that being frozen wasn’t a bad thing. So he threw his whole self in it, heart and soul, as he would have for his family, his friends - prior to being shattered not too long after returning to Beqanna.

But for now, it meant he would live on the Isle to contemplate, and that meant guarding it and keeping an eye out for lost wanderers - including in the forest.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jesla]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Don’t want you to think that I care; Jesla - by Leilan - 10-31-2019, 08:28 AM