• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sochi;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    She doesn’t pull away, doesn’t recoil from the brash way he buries his face into her neck. She quietly listens while lipping the arch of his neck, absorbing and understanding the words that fall from his mouth like an undammed reservoir. Even as anger claws at the edges of his voice, Sochi is steadfast and placid in her manner, a balm to his open wounds.

The confession rolls from him, and only when she fathoms the severity does she suddenly withdraw and stare at him with her flashing, silver eyes. Castile meets them, even if his expression is lined with shame. ”They took it because I was greedy,” and he understands that he was, even as his barbed request hung in the air, still fresh with the steam of his breath. ”… Am greedy…” the mild correction is a low grumble as his gaze falls to the rocky ground beneath them.

His thoughts reel as he recalls every memory he has and realizes how greedy he has always been, even if not for cruel purposes. Greedy for love and a family, for power and recognition. A deep breath sighs from his lungs, its taste clear and not riddled with smoke or fire. The voice that creeps through his mind has been silenced, stripped away with the dragon he was born to be. Castile’s jaws clench together in frustration and disappointment as, still, the flames do not rise along the soft edges of his throat. He looks at Sochi then, searching her eyes as though she has all the answers he needs. His heart reaches for her, wanting to hold her and never let go. ”We fell in love as hunters, and now I’m suddenly the prey,” his lip curls in distaste as a gale ruffles his metallic locks across his furrowed brows. ”How can I protect Loess when all I can do is change my damn color?” His voice lightens in conclusion, wanting to laugh at his predicament but grounded too heavily by his frustration.

But when Castile looks up again to adore the iridescent blaze of his love and the soft ferocity of her eyes, still he somehow melts. ”I would say to also protect you and the children, but you’ve never needed my help with that,” he leans forward and caresses the corner of her mouth, kissing it gently. ”I’m sorry it took me so long to tell you how much I love you,” he trails his lips to her poll, placing another kiss. ”You and our family is all I need, and yet… I feel so incomplete without…” he trails off, knowing that Sochi already realizes what he is implying.

castile

@[sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    Sochi; - by Castile - 10-11-2019, 10:28 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 10-13-2019, 11:32 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by Castile - 10-16-2019, 08:36 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 11-05-2019, 02:04 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by Castile - 11-11-2019, 03:33 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 11-16-2019, 02:01 PM