• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Bloodfeather || Vulgaris, Leliana, Any ||
    V u l g a r i S
    The youngest of their brood has proven already to be their most… challenging. She skitters ahead of her father despite his pleas to be patient, to stay beside him. Meraki can hardly hear him over her own laughter as she rushes to her mother’s side, forcing herself under Leliana’s red wing and nuzzling close while Vulgaris comes to stand beside her. He lets a slow sigh slip from his lips while the girl simply grins, her pearlescent coat shimmering around the flowers of her wings and mane. He wonders if she is the karma he has been building up all these years but he turns to face Wolfbane, his smile framed by how tired he is.

He knows the others will not welcome his old friend as warmly as he might but he trusts the canary when he says his intentions are peaceful. Neither of them is terribly keen on lying or faking niceties to get what they want. The Tephran king presses a kiss to his wife’s cheek before stepping forward a little more, his expression still kind and hopeful. Vulgaris wishes their allegiances didn’t seek to rip their friendship apart but now is hardly the time or place to mention such things.

It’s been far too long, Wolfbane. You haven’t come to join our ranks now, have you?” he says with a short laugh. But they’ve learned the hard way that their lot is too much to keep within one nation. But he notes the way his friend doesn’t seem happy or even bold as he normally does, like there’s some weight lurking in his heart. Vulgaris tilts his head curiously.

Is everything alright?” he asks, taking another step forward with his brows furrowed. Meraki edges forward to see better around her father’s shoulder, craning her neck to continue staring with those wide green eyes of hers.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Wolfbane] this is so short im sorry. but basically vulgaris is all kinds of conflicted internally because he wants to be amped about seeing bane, but bane seems sad and leli and jakub are side eyeing.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Bloodfeather || Vulgaris, Leliana, Any || - by vulgaris - 10-11-2019, 11:57 AM