• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all our searching, adna

I will commit my soul to your door tonight, and I'll last 'til the gas fumes float on higher

A victim.

He has the gall to call her a victim.

For a second, she’s stunned and it shows on her face. Her sage green eyes widen and her mouth drops open for a moment and she just stands there like that—trying to grasp for air. A victim. It cuts too close to the truth and she finds that the keen edge of it is more than she can bear; it simply cuts her open.

“I shared things with you,” she finally manages, her anger and frustration bleeding into the confusion and the hurt. “I didn’t realize that’s how you saw me.” She had told him about the heartbreak of her parents and the confusion of her life and her struggle to come to terms with it. How she hated herself for being this broken when she knew so many others had so much worse—when she had no reason for it.

And here he throws the exact word that carves her up.

She bites her lip and looks up underneath her forelock, shaking her head a little.

“I’m not perfect, Beth, but at least I try. At least I let myself care.” She takes a step back, and she feels something like sadness tightening through her heart. She feels it like a snake around her chest and she takes another step back, feeling that familiar, animalistic need to flee from the pain that confronts her.

“All I’m doing is ruining everything,” she says and another step, dragging herself away. “I won’t bother you anymore, okay?” Then, finally, the tears come on her cheeks and she turns around and runs.

in a dying love I'm nothing but a stone cold liar but, oh, I got an iron in that fire

Adna

Messages In This Thread
    all our searching, adna - by bethlehem - 09-20-2019, 02:29 AM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by adna - 09-20-2019, 09:09 PM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by bethlehem - 09-20-2019, 09:35 PM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by adna - 09-20-2019, 09:58 PM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by bethlehem - 09-20-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by adna - 09-22-2019, 05:44 PM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by bethlehem - 09-22-2019, 10:38 PM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by adna - 09-23-2019, 01:02 AM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by bethlehem - 09-23-2019, 01:39 AM
    RE: all our searching, adna - by adna - 09-23-2019, 11:28 PM