• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  i feel a bad moon rising; jesper
    The frozen island is an ever-present ridge on the Taigan’s horizon. The redwood Comtesse has watched it from her grey shore many times before. One of Nerine’s granite arms reach toward it across the water, but they do not touch; Lepis hopes the same can be said of the rulers as she lifts her golden wings to take her maiden flight toward it.

Autumn chills the sea breezes that rifle her wing feathers and the long navy-to-white hair of her mane and tail. The dun mare’s blue-grey eyes are squinted against the wind and the salt spray, for she swoops low to the waves, a daring flyer. The wind is cold, but her winter coat has already begun to grow in – has been doing so since autumn first brushed the redwood forest. Yellow and white and blue, the shaggy tobiano is grateful for it for more than its warmth. The length covers the worst of her scars, the marks of hooves and teeth that line her neck and shoulders. It is colder here in the north, and gets colder more quickly. Now that the fall is drawing to an end, each day might be the one the brings the first snow.

The Icicle Isle has already had its first snowfall, Lepis finds as she touches down on the southernmost beach. The snow is ankle deep, and she shakes her curling blue locks about her shoulders like a cape – or perhaps a shield – as she settles in to wait. Just before landing she had let out a clear call, announcing her arrival to anyone that might be near enough to hear it. Now, she waits, and she glances for a brief moment to the east, where the soaring cliffs of Nerine loom much larger than from her Taigan beach.

@[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-28-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-31-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 09-09-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 10-01-2019, 06:46 AM