• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm better under your reflection, Karina, anyone

”I’ve got the kerosene and the desire,
    I’m trying to start a flame in the heart of the night.”
    She had been born in the shadow of her sister, and even though she had never really left it, she couldn’t find it in herself to mind.

Her sister was vibrant and beautiful, and Kade felt plain in comparison. Karina, with her elegant wings and the very light that she radiated – Kade thought she was perfect. She hasn’t learned what it means to be jealous, yet, because their parents had never given her any reason to believe that she was in any way less than her sister. Instead, she was only awestruck by her. She watched her with an odd sort of fascination; a quiet admiration. She nearly loves her sister more than she loves her parents, she is almost sure of it. No one knew what her heartbeat sounded like in the darkness the way that Karina did, and there was a selfish part of her that enjoyed the idea that being twins meant that no one else would ever be as close to her as she was.

They walk abreast in the autumn sunlight, the warmth of it caressing the slope of her shoulders and the curve of her back. Her skin was still a rich brown, but the black of her mane had already begun to lighten and gray. She didn’t mind turning gray; their father was colored like the most beautiful storm, and she had always liked the wildness of it. She casts a sideways glance towards her sister as they enter the playground. She could hear the far-off chorus of laughter, and her heart gave a nervous flutter in her chest. “I’m not sure about this, Karina,” she says in the soft lilt of her voice, her nose brushing against the other filly’s shoulder as she stares towards the various groups of children. “I know you won’t have a problem making a lot of friends, but…” She trails off, trying to keep from chewing the inside of her mouth the way she did when she felt nervous or insecure. Everyone would be drawn to the luminous light that Karina simply was, but she didn’t have much hope for herself.
    Kade

@[karina]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm better under your reflection, Karina, anyone - by Kade - 08-27-2019, 02:35 AM