• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me where my armor ends; castile
    When their visitor has left in search of his family, Lepis turns back to her piebald uncle.

“The mention of political ties was for you,” she tells him with a wry smile, though the dun mare is already quite sure that he knows this already. “That’s why I’m here in the first place, after all.”

Their departure for the north had been more than a year ago, and while Lepis knows that her son is here as often as he is in Taiga, her own visits have been far less frequent. First there was the responsibility of stabilizing her rule, and then her pregnancy, and then the care of a newborn. Her return to Loess has been spurred not only by finally having the time for it, but by shifts in the rest of Beqanna as well. The conversation that she and her husband had recent had with her in-law is the most fresh in her mind, but she is eager to discuss the many things that have transpired.

“Taiga is doing well under my command,” she tells him, and there is a bit of pride flickering behind her blue grey eyes. The redwood forest is still eerie, but it is no longer quiet. “I’ve spoken with Litotes, and I think I can see what you and Bane see in him. And Heartfire recently came to Nerine.” Here she pauses, her curious gaze attempting to read his draconic face. That there is tension between Loess and Nerine is no secret, but Lepis is not sure the exact source.

She does know that her actions will undoubtedly make it worse, but it is the only way forward that she can see, and so she has convinced herself that she must take it.

“I told her I intended to make the Taiga a territory of Loess rather than Nerine.” Another pause, and then: “I think she declined, and so I’m here for advice.”

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    show me where my armor ends; castile - by Lepis - 08-21-2019, 10:14 PM