• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE
    Star 
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    It's over.

Sylva is behind him now as Castile returns to Loess with another battle wound facetiously carved into his flank. It burns with movement, but the blood has since clotted. It’s another trophy to add, another tale of his life.

As he presses into the warm embrace of Loess, he calls to those still within its family. They are a thriving group made stronger by their prowess and connections. What Wolfbane and Vulgaris helped to create has been continued through Castile as he grips tightly on a life of chaos and excitement. Beqanna, the sleeping giant, has awakened. Their purpose has been fulfilled once more, and while there is an end in sight, it is not yet within reach.

Once they’ve congregated, Castile joins them with a steady and controlled landing. His mismatched eyes dance across their faces as he acknowledges each one of them respectively. ”It’s over,” he echoes his traveling thoughts. ”The war with Tephra has ended, and Sylva has been taken from the traitors. I held my promise that they would pay for their betrayal.” A lopsided grin stretches across his lips while his draconic wings gingerly fold against his sides. He considers Loess’ achievements and those of their friends. ”That leaves Sylva without a leader. If you’re interested, and supremely loyal to Loess, speak now. I do not want another traitor in our midst.” Another pause, another glance, another opportunity.

”Secondly, I would like to announce Wolfbane as our new Champion. He has also recently taken over Taiga with Lepis at his side. Our connections are spreading across Beqanna, but we will always have enemies that are threatened by our strength,” a mischievous gleam sets his eyes ablaze, ”so we are obviously doing something right.”

While he has their attention, holds it, Castile seizes the moment to extend explorative options for those standing restlessly in the kingdom. ”Would anyone be interested in making a couple visits to other lands? I’ve not heard or seen much from the Pampas, Icicle Island, Ischia, Island Resort, Silver Cove. While I’m not looking for a fight, we can let it be known that no one can stand in our way if we decide otherwise. We won’t bend to the whims of anyone outside of Loess. If anyone tries to openly stand against us, they will be dealt with just as Sylva and Tephra were.” Castile bristles at the memory and rakes through the agitation that still festers far beneath his composed surface. There was no defined winner in the war as both lands were tampered with, but he still finds glory in the destruction they caused in the volcanic kingdom. ”I’m more interested in whatever information you can get – who is leading, who are their closest friends and connections, etc.” Blinking and observing them all, he contemplates further instruction or matters of importance. Seeing as everything has been addressed, Castile cocks a back leg and rolls his shoulders. ”The floor is open to anyone wanting to add something.” 

castile

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Oriash - 07-08-2019, 04:02 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brunhilde - 07-08-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brigade - 07-09-2019, 01:02 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Starsin - 07-09-2019, 01:59 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 09:34 AM