• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.
    Ophanim
    Ophanim has to keep reminding himself to walk slower as Malone toddles along behind him, delighting in the way his tiny hooves sink into the snow. He brings his knees up high with each step and laughs at the crunching sound his movements produce. The sun makes the snow blinding white, much like gold splashed across each of their bodies. The newborn colt stretches his wings open wide as he leaps forward, purposely kicking up snow in his sire’s direction. Ophie snaps his wing forward to block the attempt and mimics his son’s laughter.

He finds Starsin easily, as he always does when she’s in the mood to be found at all. The angel boy eagerly picks up into a casual trot to bridge the distance between them and buries his face in her mane when he reaches her.

But something is not right.

His stomach lurches at the smell tangled so deeply in her mane but he says nothing as he tries to make sense of it. Malone, however, has begun to learn how to pick apart others’ thoughts. He skims across each of his parents and pieces the puzzle together. Lucky for him, he inherited his mother’s sharp mind instead of his father’s… learning curve. The child blinks as he watches his mother, the ink black sclera and freckled blue irises glimmering knowingly. But their secrets are not his to give, he figures.

Ophanim feels his brows furrow and he clears his throat to shed the lump building in his throat. He deserved this, after all, for betraying her love and trust several times over. This was a natural consequence for being such a cruel lover and he has no right to complain about this sort of punishment. When he kisses her face, the gesture is more desperate than adoring.

Malone, go introduce yourself to some of the other children. All of them need a friend as wonderful as you,” he says as he lowers his head and gently nudges the boy’s cheek affectionately. The colt snots softly, still shy and hesitant to peel himself from either of his parents’ side, but he obeys all the same. Ophanim watches him go before turning back to Starsin with a crooked smile across his handsome face, the glowing lines down his cheeks accentuating the pained expression. This is fine, he tells himself. He can be content to be loved whenever it’s most convenient. It’s better than not being loved at all, right?

I’m sorry for not being enough. I should learn to love you better,” he says as he keeps his gaze focused on the space between her hooves. Slowly, his gold and white oozes to a thick black that refuses to reflect the sun’s shine. It swallows him bit by bit until it covers his face and even the bright blue of his eyes, even the pink of his lips that burn to touch her. “I need to try harder to deserve a girl like you.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Ophanim - 05-05-2019, 01:31 AM