• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane
    Earlier this afternoon Lepis had asked Marni to watch the triplets and then asked Pteron to watch Marni. The pair of requests will invariably be forgotten. They won’t get up to too much trouble, Lepis thinks; at least her children won’t burn the forest down when they get rowdy. The same cannot be said for their extended family.

She watches one now, those great reptilian wings unmistakable silhouetted against the sunset

The hills that spread ahead of her are the same that she has always known, yet as she watches them in the soft light she cannot help but feel somehow misplaced. The emotion is uncomfortable, but she allows it to linger for reasons she doesn’t dwell on. Instead, she busies herself pressing the bend of her yellow wing with a warm navy nose. She’d pulled a muscle there a few days ago and has been resting it lest it grow worse. Each day without flight seems to weigh more heavily than the one before it, and she had internally lamented a time or two that she didn’t share her husband’s and children’s ability to heal so quickly.

Tonight she’d meant to take flight, but she had paused – wings outstretched – at the sight of the dragon horse. Lepis cannot tell who it is from this distance, but she is not especially interested in doing so. Instead she turns away from the precipice where she’d stood and makes her way on foot toward the hollow scoop in the earth where she knows she will find her husband. As she walks the last of the sunlight slips away to be replaced by the round orange globe of the hunter’s moon. Her pace is quick and sure, the tread of hooves that know the land intimately.

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane - by Lepis - 04-26-2019, 11:48 PM