• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] Remember not to get to close
    He was not sure what pulled him from the warmth of his home upon waking. The world had been blurry as he blinked himself from a dream that seemed like a distant memory, already forgotten. He weaved his way through the large greenery that splattered the lava hardened ground, expertly avoiding the small streams of molten lava that trailed their way through his home. 

He had been raised to appreciate the beauty of his land, for his father had told him the story of Dragons and war decimating their home long before he, Osiriis, came to be. He talked about how his fathers once queen poured her soul and gift into the land to make it what it was, once again.

A small smile trailed his lips as he crossed that border and continued on towards Beqanna's legendary mountain. Of course he has heard his fathers stories of the mountain as well, there was no other way to explain to him why his father was so large and adorned a giant set of horns.

These were the thoughts that kept him company as he traveled from one land to the next. As he reached the base of the mountain, sweat already beading along his black and vermillion hide, his thoughts brought tender memories of his mother. He only saw her every now and again - she much preferred the depths of the sea that bordered her homeland. She was beautiful and kind, he knew why his father had fallen in love with her and though their love pulled an unamused look to his face when he was in viewing distance he could not help but feel a pange of desire to have what they had.

By the time he pulled himself out of his thoughts he had found himself looking out across the mountains plateau, where snow still clung to it like a soft blanket. Cautiously, he stepped towards the center. His weight disturbed the snow as he went but the gentle winds, he noticed looking back towards the edge from where he had just came, pulled lossened snow to fill his mark of intrusion.

He looked around thoughtfully, his vermillion eyes taking in the mountain of his fathers stories. His black forelock blew softly across the bridge of his nose tickling him as his mother once did when he was young. He knew from his fathers experience that the fairies knew all, they knew you were there before you could make yourself known. He did not hesitate under the awkwardness of how to address the fairies, but only because as was custom his mind wandered before he could even get to the point.

He was here because for two years he has been learning from his father about how to be himself, how to be loyal, and how to be honorable. He taught him how all decisions have consequences we could never know until they were made. In this moment he knew that his father had abilities and his mother had abilities, and though his father dwelled on land and he raised Osiriis, he could not help the pull he felt towards the water like his mother. 

But that pull ment nothing as he had no abilities. He could not help to think that he should have abilities. His desire for the water was so potent, he would find himself staring out at the ocean for hours at a time until the sun had set and the deep blue ocean would roll in black with the night.

"My name is Osiriis, and I have come to seek your help. I feel as if a part of me is missing. I am half my father and half my mother, but I do not feel fully myself."

Ooc: Osiriis is requesting Orca Mimicry - nonexpressed trait to be expressed for his quest.
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    She comes without fanfare. His request is easy enough, and one that lacks some pathetic lie about how they long to protect others. None truly do. They long for magic and power and hide behind the pretense that it is simply for the good of others.

This one, at least, comes asking for the truth.

”Nothing I give you will make you more yourself. You are already you,” she says, which is true. She can give him a bit of magic, but it will not answer the question of being fully himself. ”Go, and live. Speak to two other horses and find out how they learned about themselves, and see if you can learn about yourself in the process. Return once you have completed this task.” With that, she disappears.

Osiriis has rolled a 6 and will receive a quest. You must speak to two other horses and ask them how they learned about themselves. See if you can learn something about yourself in the process.
    Please tag in replies