• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Born of graves and left below;
    Amyrillis

Autumnal changes had turned the lush field into something new: something different, and had it been the brown and reddish patches of foliage… death curling them in on themselves- or? Had it been the coniferous trees not far off blossoming and green. Spring and Summer gone and deer bedded earlier and earlier, the locusts and cicadas gone; but wolves and other manner of beast prowled. The sky was also greyer, duller and littered with cloud, and the rains of the season left frozen dew and hoarfrost scattered amidst the leaves and upon the rotting trees.

Mushroom and mossy rocks seemed thicker now, and ferns had littered the ground, the solid earth provided gentle thudding and the crunching of leaves and grass was heard beneath the hooves of those who walked by and strolled idly around. Shadows chased them; but the day had opened and though the sun was dulled by clouds it backlight the orange, brown, and red leaves and made them seem akin to conflagrations of wildfire burning and blazing without the heat.

She admired this, enjoyed it, and part of her was so fascinated by it that she raced towards the brush and stretches of grass: bursting through and oracing wildly as fillies are often inclined to do.

To the eye it was odd, the sight of her. A creature athletically built and graceful; but thicker than a hot-blood sport type… perhaps crossed with something warmer. No matter, it was not this that made her queer; but her color. The fur was a deep teal, duotone and matte, and it bore with it flecks of orange and milky patterns of white or gray that spread through it and made it seem as if she were painted in a mural of stars and galaxies. The deep curls of her glossy mane and tail were little more than frigid strands of ice that moved like hair and their coloration was a deep emerald or blue depending on the light.

She was a star, a frozen one, and a replica of the sky itself at night.

Yet? Amyrillis was more so bizarre when from the earth around her… glossy black stones ripped themselves free: the carbon forcing itself together and stretched into a weave that fitted itself around her neck and hung like a braided chain… jewelry.

Turning to the sound of footsteps, the filly looked at her would-be-guest: smiling and bowing her head… the pale blue eyes wider as she spoke.  “Greetings, stranger.”

when change cometh, she will bring peace at her back
    she will not bend to your will; you must bend to hers

@[Carwyn]
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    The winged mare figured that it was time to leave home and see what the day brings her way. She landed softly onto the ground of the adoption den. She began to wander the den in hopes of adopting an orphaned foal. She took in the lands colors and scenery but her thoughts had been interrupted by the small voice of a filly. She gave the beautiful dark teal girl a small smile and said "Greetings. I am Carwyn. What is your name beatiful?" Carwyn noticed that the young girl was about the same age as her triplets.

@[Amyrillis] I am sorry for the shortness 
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin
    Amyrillis

Even alone and faced with a stranger: she is drawn in a way to the painted mare… to the feathery sounds of wings shifting and to the sound of a voice she cannot and could never have known before. Amyrillis is slow to move, a patient creature with wide blue eyes and whose grace carried her as if she only partially belonged to this earth. Still, she is not wholly grown, for she is after all… a filly, and as such her knobby knees and bouncy pace carry her far and fast as she approaches Carwyn with utter astounding wonderment riddled on her face. She peers at the wings mostly: her mouth opening and the small voice hesitant as she spoke only after reaching far enough to sniff at the air near them.

“Amyrillis,”  she murmured.  “That’s what I was told my name is.”

Sniffling and lipping at the air she seemed fixated on the feathers, her attention paid to Carwyn though as she stood with the strange… glossy black chain wrapped around her neck.  “You can fly? That’s amazing… what’s it like? Do you get to see birds!?”  excitement brewed inside of her and like a true child she flittered and fluttered: the chain around her neck clunking and the earth around her straining as without thought to her abilities or care for the nature of her being… small pillars of some strange material began to weave together and wrap around her body.

Pressurized and dense the diamond-like material stretched and shifted and spread like feathers that were own before stretching upward and rattling with the sound of clanking and grinding stone of jewels. She scoffs at this: half hopping and trying to take off… but unable.  “I… can’t do that.”  she admitted. Her ears flitting forward as the materials began to unwind and shift again: forming jewels and glistening stones… becoming trinkets on the simple necklace she’d likely made herself.

With a softer voice she sighed.  “Carwyn… your name is pretty. Did you come from the Den or the Mountain? Are you a faerie?!”  she blurted out- near prancing around the mare. 

@[Carwyn]  Big Grin
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    Carwyn watched the filly as she moved closer and gives her a small reassuring smile. She said "Amyrillis is a beautiful and fitting name." The roan mare gave a small chuckle as the filly began to question her about her wings. She said "I can fly but I mostly walk through. It is very peaceful when I am flying and I do see some birds to." She watched in amusement as Amyrillis formed wings with stone like materials. She tried to think of ways to ask if the teal girl wanted to come with her to Ischia to live. Carwyn said "I came from the den in hopes of adopting an unwanted foal. Not that I'm saying your not wanted because I would love to have you in my family. I'm not one of the fairies that keep beqanna running."

@[Amyrillis]
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin
    Amyrillis

Unwanted, a term she’d heard not from her mother; but from others, and it was one that stung the girl but did little to deter her curiosity about the mares wings and the nature of her words and wanted. A gesture brought her head to tilt as she perked her ears and quietly considered the idea of what the mare had stated: the strange notion of looking for a filly and of wanting. Little did she truly understand but enough context gave her an idea of what Carwyn wanted and Amyrillis could hardly help but go closer to the mare before flat out approach enough to fully sniff or poke the velveteen against the shoulder and joint of the wing.

Contented and allowing the carbon-made chain to remain she nodded several times before speaking up to the elder mare.  “Oh, that’s nice. Wait? Me?”  she blinked, the brilliant eyes suddenly watching with some mix of emotions that altered and changed… utterly made the girl’s face almost cartoonish.  “Okay! Yeah. I wanna go. The fairies are awfully busy…” 

@[Carwyn]
    She had noticed that looked of hurt in the young girls eyes when she mentioned the word unwanted. She hopes that Amyrillis enjoys herself in ischia and her new siblings. She laughed softly when the girl sniffed her wings. She said "I have three children that are about your age and two that are older. Nilam can be a bit mean though." She was quite excited to be adding another child to her family.

@[Amyrillis] Sorry about this, It's a phone post