Beqanna
The Beauty That Is Summer (Any) - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Field (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Thread: The Beauty That Is Summer (Any) (/showthread.php?tid=8472)

Pages: 1 2

The Beauty That Is Summer (Any) - Sreva - 05-12-2016

Sreva was never sure which season was her all-time favorite. Each one had its ups and downs, just like the mare. Winter was cold, but it had beautiful scenery. Spring had weather that was in-between, so it was unpredictable, but a beautiful time of year for creatures and plants alike. Fall was the start of the cold, and served as a warning for the animals to prepare for the worst of it in a few months. This helped Sreva find a place where there would be easier-to-find food she could get her teeth on when the grass would begin to die off.

And then, there was summer. Oh the everlasting joy of the hottest season of the year. What bad things could be said about summer? Sreva could think of so many that she'd lost count trying to list them all.

For example, today, the sun was really beating down on the meadow, so much so that the mare's muscular body was sweating profusely, her mane sticking to her skin thanks to the sweat she was accumulating. Shaking her head as the mare cantered on, heading for the lake she knew was in the area, Sreva mentally went over what had happened to her the last two weeks she had been here.

Beyond fighting off a few stallions that had tried to claim her and running away from those she could outpace, it had been relatively quiet. No doubt that would change soon, when the seasons changed, so, for now, the pintaloosa mare would enjoy the peace.

Skidding to a stop as she reached the lake, kicking up some dirt and grass as she did, the mare caught her breath before lowering her head to take a few deep drinks of water from the lake. Enjoying the cool liquid as it soothed her parched throat, the mare repeated the act several times before moving to stand under a nearby tree to gain some shade, wanting to rest before searching out a place to rest for the night.

RE: The Beauty That Is Summer (Any) - Chemdog - 05-14-2016

The summer brings waves of heat across central Beqanna this time of year. Even the mosquito doesn't want to hang around out of the shade for too long. The resident birds sing happily and watch their offspring take wing as the golden sun sinks behind the eastern horizon. Quite a pleasant evening, really.

Chemdog has been loitering around the lake for a few days now. He watches the field from this vantage and relishes in the relief of it's cool waters and breezy shade. He stands on the shoreline, knee deep in the reeds and frog water. A few herons [ardea herodias] move quietly around him, feeding on the minnows dancing around his ankles.

His head is slumped and his eyes almost completely closed, lip drooping idly as he drifts into a nap. He's awoken at the sudden flight of his blue feathered friends. Cold mist splashes across his inky shoulders as they move off noisily. They were spooked by the subtle arrival of a mare. Sometimes Chemdog believed the fates must adore him – for they deliver such gifts so often. He notes his delight with his beloved Gods and silently watches the mare from behind a veil of black forelock. He follows her rather boldly, not trying to hide it, accompanying her to her shady spot and standing a polite distance away. “Well hello there.” He offers a genuine smile and tosses his forelock aside to reveal his bright teal eyes. His gaze blatantly scours her curves, her face and finally settles to bore into her own stare. “May I tell you you're a rather beautiful woman, lass. Note worthy.” His mouth twinges a bit and his smile betrays a small bit of deviousness if you look close enough. He is not bashful about looking her over several more times, but avoids looking too hungry. He wonders if the wolfishness is hidden to her or if she can see it clearly. “I am Chem. Chemdog. But Chem works better for all involved, shorter, easier. And what might your name be?

chemdog
astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

@[Sreva]

<33

RE: The Beauty That Is Summer (Any) - Sreva - 05-14-2016

Yep, it was clear. Sreva had the worst string of luck in the world. The mare hadn't even gotten the chance to close her eyes for the shortest of naps before she sensed someone else approaching. Her head shot up, ears forward, eyes slightly widened upon seeing the stallion. He was a handsome fellow, with a jet black coat and forelock, his medicine hat markings, his well-built body style, and his eyes-

Wait, his eyes? What in the hell color were they?! They weren't like anything Sreva had ever seen before. Her own light melted almond brown eyes bored into his as their gazes met. She hadn't failed to notice the way his eyes had roamed over her body, and that thought made her a bit peeved. No doubt he was thinking what she predicted. Every stallion would be thinking that, no matter the time of the season.

Sreva was briefly distracted by his luxurious forelock as he tossed his head to brush it out of his teal eyes. She gave her own head a toss to brush the forelock hair away, although it was simply because her long forelock had been getting into her eyes and was bothering her.

When the black stallion introduced himself, Sreva had to hold back a mocking laugh, although it did come out in her tone of voice, "And here I thought I was the only one with a strange name. Chemdog? Your sire and dam must've wanted others to make fun of you," she said.

Turning her head away, the mare took a few steps away from the stallion to gain more personal space. She was out of the shaded spot now, but if it meant demonstrating that she didn't want him too close to her, she was willing to stand out in the heat. She definitely didn't trust this stallion; his smile earlier had been genuine, but she thought she spotted something in his eyes, and that told her to be careful.

Make fun of me, eh?” He chortles and gives his thick tail a toss. “Well, woman with whatever strange name, is that what you're doing to me right now? Making fun?” His grin gains girth with yet another sinister chuckle, but this is nothing she should fear, only his ever spinning mind. Bugs are starting to find his dark coat now and he starts to twist his ears a little more, shaking and tossing his tail to scatter them every few minutes.

Ah. Pests.” he bends to scrap his teeth against his shoulder, relieving an itch. “Little fuckers love it here.” Small black flies seem to be very attracted to his dark color. He notices her retreating step and only smiles, perking his head up. “No need to be fearful. I am not the worst type you'll find roving around this Field.” He shakes again, the bugs seem to be getting thicker by the minute... “They are not even half as bad back home. The dragonflies and the bats keep them delightfully in check in my Forest.” He watches carefully for her reaction. She seems weary, but not stupid. He might just be a very harmless opportunity for her to get out of here.

chemdog

@[Sreva]

"What else would I be doing?" Sreva asked, chuckling as the stallion struggled to get the bugs to go away. Sreva didn't really mind the flies that landed on her skin; the nerves under her skin detected it, a reaction that caused her muscles to twitch. In response, the fly would leave her alone. It might land on another part of her body, only for the same process to repeat itself, so they weren't there for long.

"I don't mind the bugs. They leave me alone when they have enough of my twitching skin and fly away to find some other poor sucker to bother." As she said this, a bug came and landed on the mare's nose. A simple shake of her head caused the creature to fly off, and a smile to appear on the mare's face.

When the stallion commented about how the bugs didn't bother him back home, Sreva shook her head, flicking her tail, "Trying to play up the goodness of your home? I'm not easily swayed; I won't be charmed by sweet words or promises that won't be kept, so you can stop trying to butter me up with offers like that."

Sreva finished her sentence off with a snort before she turned away from Chemdog again. Holding her head in, the stance rounding out her frame, the mare trotted back over to the lake a few feet away, lowering her head for another drink to try and distract herself from the handsome black stallion.

Oh my, nameless one, you are quite sassy aren't you?” his words bubble up from a laugh as she snorts and moves away like some befuddled brat. He finds it slightly endearing, though, and is not put off by her rejection. He only picks himself up to trot after her and move in smoothly at her side, bending his neck down to drink beside her. His long hair dangles in the rippling waters while he drinks, keeping his eyes closed in case she's staring at him with displeasure.

Once they're done he cannot help but look over to the mare. “So you're saying you'll refuse my offerings before I even offer them fully?” He laughs a bit more and looks out toward the sunset. “What'd you come here for then, odd girl?” He looks at her face curiously. He attempts to read her, to pick apart the details of her expression, tries to guess what she might be thinking.

chemdog

@[Sreva]

Sreva did not appreciate the stallion invading her personal space without her permission, even if he had only done it to get a drink. Still, there was plenty of space around the lake, so why did he have to be so close to her?

Deciding to not actually bite him in case he got angry, something the mare didn't feel like dealing with, Sreva nipped close enough to his muzzle that his whiskers would probably pick up on it. She then moved away again, pinning her ears and flicking her tail, showing she did not want him any closer again.

"I came here to get away from stallions that want me for nothing more than the satisfaction of saying they added a new mare to their herd, that they are higher and mightier than other stallions, if you must know. They've never allowed me freedom, and they've all acted like you are now. Playing up your home so I'll be enticed. Getting too close to me, acting like I'll be swayed by words of promise. You can make your home sound as wonderful as you want, but I can tell if you're not being genuine about it."

Looking away at the sun, her eyes casting over with a dark shadow, the mare snorted as she spoke up again, "And just so you won't call me odd girl or something equally idiotic, my name is Sreva."

@[Chemdog]

If you can tell when I am being genuine then why can you not tell that my words about my home are in fact honest?” He smiles, but his face does show the dreamy delight in his eyes when he speaks of his home. That Forest really does mean very much to him, and everything, everyone within it. He laughs at her though, at her venomous rant. “Well this is the worst place to have come to get away from stallions of any kind, girl.” She moves away again and he doesn't follow, just watching her throw her small tantrum and look toward a sinking sun and it's frame of serrated clouds.

Sreva then, you're being ridiculous.” He huffs at her dramatically, but his face betrays his humorous amusement with her attitude. “I have no big collection of women. No hoard of chained slaves, abused victims and a harem of brides.” He his still smiling at her, talking to her back, shouting a little so she may hear him. “I simply protect, adore, and care for my forest and all that lives within it. When I claim a woman, she's mine, yes – but I would never hold her prisoner or tell her she could not come and go like the breeze.” He steps forward a few steps but doesn't come within touching distance from her. “I like my ladies free. Individuals. Sassy.” He laughs at her stubbornness. “We work together, my family and I, and I do not force anyone to do anything.” He wonders now what she'll do with this information.

chemdog

@[Sreva]

Sreva noticed how the stallion's expression changed. His eyes almost seemed to... daze, when he mentioned his home, even if he didn't go on to really describe it to her.

"It's seemed to work so far while I've been here. I stay hidden in the trees and let the stallions go after the other mares. On the occasion that one comes after me, I chase him off or outrun him. There's more than enough mares here that I'm practically invisible. Good thing too, considering most stallions here just bite at the mares and chase them toward their homes. I'm not a fan of getting teeth marks on my hindquarters."

The mare still did not look back as Chemdog went on to tell her what his herd life was like. So far, he sounded like any other stallion, but he mentioned he would not hold the mares prisoner. That was quite different from what she was used to during the time she'd been in herds. It was only through sheer luck and tons of practicing when the stallion did not look her way did she gain enough speed to outrun the fastest of them in the search of a new home for herself.

Her gut instincts, and years of past living, still told her not to trust this stallion. Yet, somehow, something in her brain told her to listen to him, to see what this place might offer her. That thought vanished from her mind quickly, but it lingered in the back, nagging at her like an annoying fly.

Finally deciding to look back, Sreva turned her sculpted head, her long, white-streaked forelock falling into her eyes again. Then, she turned her body, the right side of her neck now partly exposed. Since the stallion had shown up, she'd been careful to keep her mane on the right side of her neck so that the deep scar would be hidden, but now, well, she didn't care.

Fixing him with a harsh look, Sreva spoke, "I've heard many stallions talk like that before. What makes you any different from them? For all I know you're lying and you do treat your mares like a harem."

She hesitated a moment, "Just... just give me a reason to believe you. I've never had that reason. Give it to me, and perhaps that'll change my opinion of you."

@[Chemdog]

Give you a reason?” His face crinkles with puzzlement. “The reason must come from within you, I imagine.” He looks toward the horizon, pondering. “But I can tell you that many exciting things will be in the future for me and mine, adventures, love, children – conflict, if you desire it. Many things. I don't plan on hiding idly by in my dwelling, just taking in more mouths to feed.” He takes a breath, looking over her body and then back to her face. “I can promise you protection, fun, and your freedom – apart from you swearing your loyalty to me. I don't require your heart, but your utmost loyalty is a must. I won't force you to make a million babies or fight wars you don't give a shit about.” He draws in a breath once again. It's been a long time since a mare has asked for any sort of explanation in that depth before.

My forest is beautiful and secluded. There are only a few paths leading in and out of it, secret paths used by us and the deer. Meadow grass, enough to sustain us all through the warm months, mountain caves, a lake, rivers and dense, protective wood that goes on forever. The resident wolf pack and I have an understanding, they will not bother us ever. It is a sanctum of whatever you desire.” He watches her carefully for a read on what she might think about his description of his Forest.

He almost can't believe he's even bothering, but there is something about the girl. Something he finds interesting – irresistible, even. He's drawn to her fierceness and reluctance to trust him even a little.
chemdog

@[Sreva]