OCEANE -- Year 208
"Because if she had not met him, she knew she would have been searching her whole life for the piece that he filled her heart with." -- Eva, written by Shelbi
of house tatter
Breed: Warlander Hybrid
Color: Palomino (ee/AA/nCr)
Markings: Four white stockings & blaze, dragon tattoo on chest
Mane & Tail:
Cress is mostly Warlander, and her build shows that. She is tall and draftlike in appearance, with a long blond mane and tail and four white stockings. Her other markings include a wide blaze and a dragon tattoo upon her chest. She has no ears and a patch of skin and flesh missing on her forehead, which is hidden underneath her forelock - most don't even know there is exposed bone there. She has a warrior's build and a strong heart, and her coat is scarred from several wars that she has partaken in.
She is strong-willed and stubborn, but still maintains a kind demeanor unless provoked. She is a warrior, though she would rather not fight at all, and would do anything to protect those she loves. She is prone to depression and anxiety and has a fear of being abandoned. She doesn't believe in love, after being abandoned by the two men who swore they would never leave her.
Parents: Oxytocin x Kindling
Children: Flamebrand (x Flamevein) - stallion; chestnut with red, orange, and yellow gradient mane; firebreathing, wings
Genetic Traits: Dragon wings, fire breathing, healing
Trait Genetic Code: tegteg [DRAGON WINGS][FIRE BREATHING][HEALING][immortality][horn][wings][illusionism]
Defects: No ears
- Born to (and abandoned by) Oxytocin and Kindling near the end of Oxytocin's reign of the Valley
- When the kingdoms shifted and the Valley was destroyed by earthquakes, she broke a leg and nearly died before discovering her healing ability
- Mostly putzed around as a kid, made friends with Flamevein and some of her father's old cronies
- Was kidnapped by Carnage's hellhounds and trapped in the Fire & Ice quest, where she was burned to death multiple times and mutilated by a golden dragon, which then was absorbed into her chest. She lost her ears permanently in the quest along with a patch of skin and flesh under her forelock, where the bone of her skull is still exposed. She also gained a dragon tattoo on her chest and the firebreathing trait.
- After the Reckoning, she joined the group that formed Tephra and lived there for a short period
- Terrified of her new power, she found Flamevein, and while he taught her to not be afraid of it, the two formed a relationship, producing two children, Flamebrand and Rhaenyra
- After Flamevein disappeared she backed off for awhile, content to let her children grow
- Eventually, she found one of the other horses from the Fire & Ice quest, Ledger. The two had a short fling and produced Dawn, who was and still is Cress's pride and joy.
- After a hiatus away, she returned and joined Island Resort with Tiphon, and agreed to him ruling the Island as a sanctuary for those who needed it.
- When Castile's uprising overthrew Tiphon and Castile claimed leadership, she listened to him rationally and let him fairly claim the rule.
- When the other of the Island claimed they had a better claim to the lead and scorned Cress, she allowed herself to be stolen away to Loess, where she has lived since.
- During this time, she became very close with Leliana, and helped the magician through some trying times.
- Eventually left her youngest son, Ravine, under the care of her sire and committed suicide, feeling as though she had nothing left to live for. She then woke up in Nikkai's quest, where she discovered Ravine had also perished.
- When given the opportunity to return to life, Cress pleaded with Ravine to go, but he forced her to return to the land of the living.