• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just looking for your friendship-[Any]
    ANDRAS
    Son of Archam X Morigan

Andras was young in age, almost a year old, although he often times ventured out of the herd lands. His father was always out and about with his own tasks, and it was easy for his mother to lose sight of him. Having to keep tabs on him and his twin brother Francois was a daunting task, they were almost a year old so it was easiest to just let the two off on there own adventures. 

Andras had never been to the playground, but he heard of it from his older siblings. He yearned for companionship outside of his bloodline, aside from the mares all the foals were related to him. Was it so hard to find a friend that was not his sister or brother, it was bad enough he had a twin brother who always wanted to be with him. It was true, there were inseparable on most days, but sometimes Andras just needed his space from Francois. His little legs carried him as fast as they would until he broke through the grounds he saw to be the playground. There were a few foals around his age hanging around, but they all seemed to already be in conversation. He moved to a more quiet space, the grass was overgrown and no one was within earshot. He gave a snort and gazed off looking for someone to befriend, someone he could befriend on his own, that wasn't forced by bloodline. 

His head was held high, the proud stallion he would grow into. His horn glistened in the sunlight, he was the only foal in his herd lands that was physically traited and maybe he could find someone like him out here. His twin brother did not have a horn like him, although the stag did have odd purple coloring on him, like his mother did. He has heard of the possibilities these lands offered, and maybe he would be lucky enough to meet someone else just like him.

Let Go Of The Thoughts That Don't Make You Strong

The light that shines so bright

”Is this the place? Did I managed to find it again?” She was mumbling out loud to herself, amazed and excited by the fact she seemed to have found the playground again. It had been a while since she had last come here, back then she had met Sin Killer, a colt from another herd land. But ever since that time Gyps had only gotten lost in her attempts to come to this place again. And now, now she had finally found it again.

In her enthusiasm she spreads her wings, ruffling her feathers for a bit, before she feels the wind underneath them. There was no better feeling than the one when you were soaring through the sky, free and unable to get touched by anything. She doesn’t go high nor fly far and it is only a short while later that she lands somewhere in the middle of the playground. Once she stands Gyps stretches her neck out, whinnying loudly.

Then she starts looking around, eyes falling upon the many pairs that already had been formed. And just as at home she instantly feels hesitant, not sure how to approach two others at once. In the Golden Plains she was the only one who didn’t have a twin and although all five of them were siblings by a shared father, Gyps hadn’t known how to approach them. Rustic had Clarisse and Wolfish had Steris, and the other way around of course. But she simply didn’t know how to approach them. Seeing how all the foals in the playground – or almost all of them – had already found a playmate made her equally as hesitant and shy.

As she ruffles her wings one last time before folding them at her side she starts to walk, moving through the playground trying to keep a low profile. It is then that she sees him, alone and standing in a more quiet place. Instantly her ears perk forward and Gyps’ is eager to come closer. ”Hi.” She cannot stop the smile from spreading upon her lips and she’s almost bouncing all around him, barely able to hold herself back. She studies his horn curiously, it was the first time she saw such a gift.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

ANDRAS
    Son of Archam X Morigan
    He continued to gaze off watching the others, feeling rather isolated that none of them have yet invited him to their conversation. When he felt defeated he gazed into the sky where a filly was flying. His eyes grew wide with amazement, he has never seen a horse in person who had wings. He was in awe watching her, rather jealous of her talent. It was a nice distraction from the lack of conversation, watching her peacefully glide in the sky.

She landed in the middle of the playground, as if she owned the place, causing him to a smile. He lifted his hind right hoof reaching it to his face, itching his chin. He gently laid his hoof back on the ground, extending his neck out to shake his body, his adrenaline calming down. When he looked back up the mare who was in the sky a few minutes ago stood before him hi she spoke a greeting. He gave a cheesy smile excited that she approached him, his tail gently swayed from him being unable to contain his joy. HI! My name is Andras he introduced himself, his father always told him it was polite to introduce yourself to new equines.  Wow your mane and tail are cool! he said with curiosity, stepping forward to gently tug on her mane. He thought maybe it would taste as good as it looked, but it did not. He stepped back to gaze at her wings up close and those are some awesome wings! Must be nice to fly! he said intrigued with her trait, having a horn would be nice in battle, but being able to fly whenever would be nicer. He stepped back, perhaps he was to friendly and she did not like his strong approach, but why would she come to him if she was shy. He hoped he didn’t make their conversation awkward from admiring her traits and coloring.

@[Gyps]

OOC: Sorry! my internet went out yesterdaySad

His enthusiasm feeds hers and soon Gyps is grinning widely. She’s almost beaming when he introduces himself, but before she can politely return the favour of telling her name he steps forward. He stands within her personal space and although it isn’t the first time another foal has been that close to her, it catches her by surprise. Last time she had been the one to step closer to Sin Killer, but Andras is the one taking the initiative and Gyps cannot help it but feel flustered. She knows he means good, it was just the sudden movement and intimidation because of his sharp looking horn that has her baffled.

”Uhm. Thanks..” she mutters, still somewhat shy and taken aback by his boldness. His touches hadn’t hurt, they only sparked something and left a tingling feeling had had her shuddering. But then he talks about her wings and Gyps cannot help it but to grin proudly, nodding in agreement. ”Flying is great! There is nothing better than that” she answers, now much more confident. Because duh, they are talking about flying! The black and blue mare tilts her head a bit to the side, taking the opportunity to gaze at his horn more closely.

This time it’s Gyps that steps closer, reaching out towards the spotted colt and eyes fixed on the pointy horn on his forehead. She gaps before holding her breath, only making eye contact with Andras for a short period, before stepping even closer. ”Is it sharp?” she asks reaching out. ”Can I touch it?” Gyps asks, even though her muzzle is already dangerously close to it.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

ANDRAS
    Son of Archam X Morigan

Andras looked at the filly as she seemed rather taken aback from him touching her, it made his fur want to lift up in embarrassment. Maybe when all the foals you talk to are related to you, its acceptable to tug on there manes and tails, and not so acceptable with foals you don't know. As he wanted to hide in a shell she came back to the conversation when he talked about her wings. A smile grew on his face as he relaxed, sure that she moved past the awkward moment when he tugged on her mane.

He looked at her intently as she talked about flying, having a horn was neat and all but being able to fly whenever you wanted was a much better trait! You'll have to show me sometime! he announced, could horses fly with other horses that did not have wings? Even if he was able to view her up-close when she flew he would be content. He was so absorbed into her wings, that he did not notice her gaze on his horn until she talked about it.

Well I've never tested its sharpness he said confused by the question, he was born with it but surprisingly enough has never striked a tree, or an equine. His eyes lit up when she asked if she could touch it Of course! he lowered his head so it was easier for her to view, or touch. Hey whats your name? he asked as she did not introduce herself, his eyes were strained to the left watching her. It was nice to meet an equine with a trait, he was curious if she knew other foals with wings, she had clearly never seen one with a horn, which made him feel special.

@[Gyps]

Honestly, even if he had been one of her siblings – and she had four of them in the herd at the moment – her reaction would’ve been the same. The sudden contact had surprised her and not being used to close contact with anybody but her parents, she was rather shy of touches. Unless they were playing of course. But she hadn’t just yet done that with one of her siblings. The change of the subject relaxes her, simply because the blue haired girl is passionate about flying. Something she inherited from both her maternal grandparents. ”Once I’m strong enough you’ll be the first!” she promises him whole heartedly, not yet aware of the fact that she won’t ever be able to do such a thing. But in a child’s mind, the possibilities were limitless.

Andras’ words should’ve scared her, or at least make her hesitant, but it turned out to be the opposite. Learning that he knew nothing about the sharpness of his gift, made her only more curious to test it. Just like he wanted to know how it was to fly. With his head lowered it was easier for her to touch it, her own head tilting a bit to the side so that her navy blue mane revealed her white painted head. At the same time her sky blue tail – which was still short – flicked through the air. Gyps holds her breath, letting het muzzle ghost across the flat surface, before moving backwards just as eager as she had stepped forward, giggling softly. ”Oh! It’s really smooth! Did you feel me touching it?” she asks, grinning slightly as she turns to meet his gaze again. When somebody touched her wings or pulled on the feathers she would clearly feel it and it hurt if the touches were too rough. His horn seemed like something different and it was only natural for a child her age to be curious about such things, right?

Oh. As soon as he asks her for her name she’s flustered, suddenly remembering that she indeed hadn’t been too polite. After all, Andras had already introduced herself. Instantly Gyps casts her gaze down, back to the shy modes as she nibbles on her lip. ”Ah yes, I’m Gyps.” It is only then that she looks up again, offering him an apologetic smile. ”I live in the Golden Plains, with my family” she continues, hoping that this bit of information would make it up to him.  The awkward atmosphere stays however and it makes the blue haired and winged girl feel a bit uneasy. So it’s time to throw in some distraction, after all, they weren’t in the playground for nothing. ”Do.. do you want to play a game with me?” While she asks it she looks at him, with a hopeful and already enthusiastic twinkling in her eyes.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

ANDRAS
    Son of Archam X Morigan

He gazed at the filly, her dark blue mane that appeared to fade into a sky blue once hitting her tail. He flickered to find her gaze when she was strong enough she would show him how to fly. His ears pricked up, his eyes lit up like a child on Christmas morning. He just wanted to watch her fly, he didn't consider she would be able to fly . It sounded amazing to him, he didn't know if she truly could accomplish the task, but it was something to look forward too.

No on in his herd really found his horn spectacular, perhaps it was because they have always known him to have a horn so they never cared to ask questions. Maybe no one in her herd cared to ask questions about her wings, or maybe they all had wings! She stroked his horn, which was the first time anyone or anything has touched his horn. It was a rather odd feeling, almost like a tickle. It was different than something touching his body, not as a strong, but he was still able to feel the touch on his horn. He gave a small laugh when she said it was smooth I can feel your touch, its not the same as if you were to touch my body,  more like a light tap . Andras was unaware that his horn could grow to be powerful in battle, but for now it was just a lovely ornament that stayed on his head.

He gazed at her as she appeared to get flustered after he asked for her name, He just remained humble, in the end she introduced herself as Gyps. Gyps he softly spoke out loud, familiarizing himself with the way her name rolled off his tongue. She than further discussed that she lived in the Golden Plains, he heard of that herd from his father. He never really listened to why he mumbled the herd name, it never came off as appealing to him. He took in a deep breath to announce his herds name but she beat him to the punch and asked him if he wanted to play a game. He gave a playful hop, overjoy with excitement Of course!! What do you want to play!? he asked with a smile willing to play anything.

When giving it a thought, she wás the only winged one in her herd. Except for her father that was. None of her siblings seemed to have inherited his trait, although one pair of the twins had some diamond ability, which they got from their mother. The other two twins didn’t have something special. So you could say that Gyps was used to see traits, but at the same time it was common for her to see those without. Yet she had to say that she favoured those like her, even though she hadn’t really realised that yet.

She’s eager to hear his reply and she doesn’t even dare to tear her gaze away from Andras. He intrigued her and he seemed kind. Plus he let her touch his horn. She grins and giggles lightly as he speaks, before tilting her head a little while she glances back to the wings that were now neatly folded at her sides. ”I can clearly feel it, I don’t really feel it in the feathers, but where they connect. If I fly too long my muscles get sore and tired too. Your horn won’t ever cause such a feeling, right? Although I can imagine that it would hurt if you accidentally run into something with it..” While she speaks her gaze moves from his horn back to Andras’ eyes, making sure to have his attention but also looking at the sharp and pointy thing with interest.

Her grin grows wider and matches his and she is already bouncing enthusiastically. ”We could play tag, or hide and seek, or race, or … whatever we want? What do you wanna play?” Instead of deciding what to play, she rolls that ball back to him, making Andras decide. Gyps was already jumping in excitement and she genuinely hoped that he would be excited too, but in either case he agreed to play with her and that was already a start. ”Which games to you play at home?” After all, she only knows the games she had seen in the playground, as she hadn’t yet mingled with her siblings at the Golden Plains.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

OOC: Sorry for the wait! <3
    ANDRAS
    Son of Archam X Morigan
    His eyes were lit up with joy, and he was ready to play with his new found friend. It was nice to be around a traited horse, someone who didn't see him as the odd one out, someone who accepted him with his horn. She responded to his question, she could in fact feel her wings, anyone touching or pulling her wings. It was interesting to him, did it feel exactly as it would someone touching your shoulder or neck? He had endless questions, but would refrain from asking. She than went on to ask about his horn, curious to how in depth he could feel it. He laughed at her comment I think that it would hurt if I ran into something with my horn, I can barely feel it, but when you touched it I could tell that you when you touched it and stopped.

There conversation bounced back to playing a game, which got him excited he was ready to play anything! She asked what he played at home which made him ponder the question, they pretty much played everything she listed. The perk to having a twin was always having someone to play with you. I've played all those! We should play tag! He smiled extending his neck to nudge her shoulder before turning right and bolting off. The colt was rather fast, especially with his adrenaline running through his body, he wanted to seem fast and was curious if Gyps could keep up. He turned his head back to view the filly and see if she was following him.

OOC: not a problem :p