• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just a day in paradice (Tinsel)
    Daena
    HONESTLY I WANT TO SEE YOU BE BRAVE
    The five year old hybrid mare made her way through the field. Although she had a permanent limp she was still a warrior. She is one to fight for what is right and hoped to use her fighting skills. She wandered where her two brothers were. She took in her surroundings even though she lived close by. The mare was willing to settle down in a herd somewhere. She didn't see anyone around so she laid down for a bit.
    html by call

the dead are gone

Once again she's returned to the field. She's been spending more and more time outside of the Jungle as of late, hoping to avoid the emptiness she feels at her mother's absence. It hasn't worked particularly well, but she's at least been able to distract herself from dark thoughts for a good portion of the time.

As she moves through the many horses looking for homes, Lexa spots a young black mare lying down in the field’s thick grasses. The mare has yet to be approached, so Lexa decides to take the initiative herself.

She smiles as she walks up to the mare, bobbing her dark head in greeting. "Hello there, I'm Lexa! Are you new to Beqanna?”

and the living are hungry.

lexa.

Daena
    The black colored mare laid there almost falling asleep. That was until she watched as another made her way up to her. She stood up carefully and smiled. She said "Hello. Its a pleasure meeting you Lexa. My name is Daena. I was born here in Beqanna. I have just never found the right place to call home yet." She bowed slowly to the mare to show her that she had manners.

html by call

the dead are gone

Oh dear! It appears that she’s disturbed a nap!

Lexa takes a step back awkwardly, but thankfully the mare does not appeared too irritated with her. In fact, she’s perfectly polite. Lexa returns the grin as the mare stands to talk to her. “A pleasure to meet you as well Daena!” She isn’t surprised to hear that the mare is actually from Beqanna originally, so many leave for their own reasons and eventually decide to return. She won’t pry. What she will do, however, is offer the mare a home if she wants it.

“Well, I might be able to help you there. I’m from the Amazons, which I daresay you’ve heard of. Would you be at all interested in living there?”

lexa.

Deana smiled at the mare and said" Yes ma'am I am interested and have heard plenty about the amazon herd. Do you think they will take me in as I have a limp?" She hoped that the herd would let her in. She had been born with the limp and it was something she had to live with. She however was able to fight and often proved others wrong. She looked at the mare and took in her appearance.

the dead are gone

Daena smiles at her, revealing she’s already heard of the Amazons as Lexa had much expected. News of the warrior women does tend to travel in the world of Beqanna. They can be a bit of an odd bunch.

Lexa’s head cocks to the side, and she smiles reassuringly at the black mare as Daena reveals her concerns. “Oh of course we’ll still take you! You don’t have to be a fighter to be part of the Amazons, and even if you wish to join our army, they will not reject you because of a limp.” She’s heard of other mares persevering through far more challenging disabilities to be a part of the army - a limp will not hold Daena back if she does not wish it to. .

lexa.

Daena
      Daena smiled at the mare and said" I am glad to hear that miss Lexa. I do hope to be of use in the herd even if its just to find members to join." She was happy to learn that they would take her in despite the limp she was born with. She would let the mare show her the way to the herd when ready. She loved to meet the horses who lived here and hoped to meet even more of them.

html by call

the dead are gone

“I’m sure you will be Daena!” As far as impairments go, a limp is not much, not in the grand scheme of things. Lexa has no doubt that it will not prevent Daena from taking part in the goings on of the kingdom, from contributing if she so wishes. 

Speaking of which, they might as well make their way there now. “Perhaps we should get going?” She looks to Daena, and once the mare signals her agreement, turns in the direction of the far off Jungle. They have quite the journey ahead of them.

lexa.