• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  what goes around - ATROX & ALL
    HELLO DARKNESS, MY OLD FRIEND

With a smirk, the shadows twist around them both - an ever growing web that consumes them in moments.  The light dies away as the shadows surround them - eagerly slipping from their master.  The darkness only lasts moments.  When the shadows recede, they are no longer surrounded by the barren landscape in Pangea.

No.
    This is Hyaline.

Her icy gaze flickers across the landscape.  She had brought them to the center of the territory.  The trees here were thick but were not the evergreens the pair was so accustomed to.  The crystal clear lake was a change too.  All of it was. But it would do, she supposed. They had little choice, if they were to move forward.  Beqanna had evolved, and now they would too.

“It’s still no Chamber,” she said, finally, “But it’s something. she says, as her gaze returns to the panther.  “I trust you to rule the territory as you’d like. Pangea will come to Hyaline’s aid if necessary, and I would expect the same. I know you don’t need a babysitter. But aside from that - I wouldn’t mind an occasional visit,” she added - with a twisted smirk far more reflective of her past self than her present.

It is then that she calls to the others - doing her duty as leader.  She knows there are likely those who don’t know her, but also knows by now they likely know of her as Kensa had been present when she had first come to Pangea.  Perhaps her appearance would be a surprise to some - but Anaxarete did have a vested interest in the continued growth of Hyaline.

“I have elected to make a change in the leadership of Hyaline,” she says, her voice cool, not reflecting any particular emotion. This decision was purely strategic. She had no qualms with the past leadership of Hyaline - she had not been betrayed in any way and they had not been disloyal. But, Pangea was stronger with her territories powerful. Anaxarete trusted Atrox to help grow this land - and in the very least she trusted him to be loyal to the ideas taking root in Pangea.

She gestures to Atrox, standing beside her, as she continues. “Atrox will lead you now, and I trust him to lead you well. And as always, Hyaline will have the full support of Pangea.”  She had lead aside Atrox before. She knew he was more than capable.  They would see that too in time.

A N A X A R E T E
    image credit 

@[atrox]
    tl;dr - Anaxarete has named Atrox the new leader of Hyaline.
    Yuki
    crying isn't like riding a bike
    give it up, and you quickly forget
    how it's done
    All her life she’d lived here, but only quietly. The snowy dragonling had little to do with others, and even her father hadn’t shown much interest; just allowed her to tag along whenever she wanted. That had only lasted as long as the girl could not fly, of course; when she’d spread her leathery wings, she’d flown out.

Not far, since she was obviously still here. She had no real ties to this place other than that it was pleasantly cool, and that she and everyone here, were a loosely tied territory that consisted of individuals - individuals doing whatever they felt like at the time.

But now, the almost-two-year-old heard a call, and she for once let an emotion escape her, since no-one was around to see. A sigh.

She moves her wings, gliding from one of the numerous Hyaline peaks, and settles near the mare and stallion, both smelling not of snow but of dirt and rocks - ew - to hear the mare speak. She appreciates the lack of emotion in her tone, and for a moment she does not counter. But the question is still burning, and for one made of ice such is not a pleasant experience.

”Why an outsider?”

Doesn’t she trust any one of the people in Hyaline to do the same as Atrox? Even if Kensa’s rule or direction is not what the Pangean queen wants, she could have taken a less provocative route, Yuki thinks. Not that she was really interested, but she knew there was more chance of rebellious horses this way, than if Atrox had gotten acquainted with them, and if Ana had taken the time to let them think it was their own idea to elect him.

Yuki suspects her dad is not gonna like this when he returns after his year away, she knows he liked Kensa or had some sort of understanding with her, but honestly she doesn’t really care about it in the moment. She does wonder how he’ll react, briefly: if he’ll find a new place of if there’d be trouble; then again, Hyaline could probably use a change. Trouble included. Kensa had been busy with… something? Yuki had not been interested enough to find out, but she hadn’t seen or heard her Primarch as much last year, as in her first year, come to think of it.

@[Anaxarete] she likes to stir the pot I guess, but she probably won’t get actually involved

hangman hooded, softly swinging; don't close the coffin yet, I'm alive

Atrox says little as they arrive in Hyaline. Little as she regards him, his attention roving to the trees and the lake and the settings that surround them. It is no Chamber, and he feels a twist in his chest where his heart may once have been, but it is something. It is something and one day, it could be more. Or, at the very least, it could be a comfortable place for him to call home. A place with borders that he could prowl and wildlife that he could hunt and a place for the possessive part of him to sink his claws into.

When he finally does bring his attention back to the magician at his side, he gives her a smirking smile. “I will most definitely be visiting,” his smile grows, both lazy and confident. “I do not imagine that we will require aid, but you never know. I have been known to get into trouble once or twice in my life.”

Then he falls quieter as she calls for whoever may still live in this land.

It is, as he imagines, a dismal response.

Atrox angles his head to the filly who arrives, her tongue bitter and biting, and he shrugs, giving a pointed glance to the quiet land that echoes around them. “I do not see many insiders,” his voice is bland and drawling and if his teeth flash white and sharp against the black of his lips, it is unintentional.

He shakes his wide-jawed head, disrupting the matted and tangled mane so that it falls heavy on either side of his neck, before focusing his sharp yellow gaze on her once again. “Sometimes fresh blood is the best thing for a place.” His smile widens again as he thinks of just how fresh blood can be but dismisses it, choosing to instead promise himself a hunt later in the evening once this ‘meeting’ was over.

He considers asking more questions but instead opts for silence, watching her apathetically.

ATROX | THE PANTHER KING
    [Image: atrox.png]

now be defiant, the lion, give them the fight that will open their eyes