• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Secret santa?
    Hi,

Anyone up for a secret santa? I imagine we can trade gifts like art, html, or even just your great pinterest picture-finding skills. Or if you have “only” writing skills and feel like art is not your thing, maybe a poem abt someone’s character? Go crazy!

I imagine we can sign up with ooc accounts and what you’d like to share, after which I can do a RNG table (in excel or something) around the 25th of December?

Let me know if you’re interested!

Nilla

I think you would have to do the sheet earlier than the 25th. Usually Secret Santas give their gifts ON Christmas Day, or the day before. If you do it on the 25th, it would be either people frantically trying to finish their gifts on that day, if they're even online on Christmas day, or people worried about how long their gifts are taking because they would be considered late Christmas gifts.

Secret Santa is definitely a good idea, and a lot of people enjoy them, but I feel like the date planning just needs some adjusting.
    The idea behind the late date was to not have a deadline for ‘delivery’, because this is an online game with the least possible gifting priority and I really don’t want to rush anyone. We could do the drawing earlier, basically whenever, but setting any date at all to exchange all the gifts at once means some people are going to have to rush no matter what (see quest posts all around deadline) and I wanted to keep things fun, casual and spontaneous.

So the question to everyone now is:
    do you want to participate and if so, would you rather have a draw around Dec 7 and have a “deadline” around Christmas or do you want a late drawing and no deadline?

Yes, people will feel a little rushed, but the idea behind a deadline for events like this that involve gift exchange is that people won't feel left out/forgotten.

It can make someone feel excluding and like the event isn't fair if they've done their piece and everyone else is getting theirs, yet they haven't received their own yet. But there's still ways to have a more relaxed deadline so that people do have a time frame to get their gifts in, while not feeling as pressured to do it quickly. So for example if you did the drawing earlier, and then say had the deadline be like December 31st or by two weeks after that date. That way people have an idea of what time frame they have to give their gifts, while not feeling like they have to do it instantly and hurry their work. This makes sure everyone gets their gifts and the exchanges are equal and fair, making sure everyone knows they haven't been forgotten about.

But of course this is your event, so you're obviously free to set whatever rules you think are best. I don't mean to sound pushy or aggressive, I just wanted to mention that these sort of events usually do have deadlines because of the fact that they are exchanges.
    I really, personally, don’t mind at all about the dates or the deadlines. I just need to know what everyone wants, to be able to get it done. So far it’s been you and me Smile
    I’d set up a poll but unfortunately that option is not available when full-editing my first post. So, if anyone else is interested, opinions please!

Lol, well I'd be interested in participating these things are usually a fun way to get to know other players. I'm not picky about dates