• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Now, my innocence is breaking; Eva and any Ischians
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    She set herself on a quest; not just for Heartfire - if for Heartfire at all - but for herself, for the world, and her sense of righteousness. Step one was talking to the Nerinian queen, of course. It was clear to her that this was a necessary first. Step two was less obvious, and yet, the easiest thing to do.

That’s what she is here for - making friends. Not exactly in the way she told Heartfire - a more lasting thing comes first, any friendships between the lands themselves came second.

Why? Because lands were more bound to change than people.

So it is that after the Resort, it is Ischia she visits first. She knows of other horses’ plans, but Ilma thinks it shouldn’t matter.

Not in the long run, anyway.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

@[Eva] and other residents welcome too if they want to be involved
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    There is a simple lull and quietness on the tropical island. Often Eva forgets the turn of events that occurred on the island. It seemed so long ago that she had stepped up to take the position as the leader of Ischia. Since then their quite little paradise had returned and she added two more children to her family. Everything was as it once had been now (or so she would like to believe wholeheartedly).

While things may feel the same, Eva has learned as the leader of Ischia there are some things she cannot forget. There was a distinct duty when becoming the protector of all of those within your home. She had many friends and family to look after. Even the future of Ischia rested on her shoulders. It was a responsibility she had never thought of having before but looking back she would not have made any different choice.

When the scent of Nerine fills her nostrils, the violet mare finds her way towards a white winged mare. A warm smile draws across her soft purple stained lips as she comes closer to the ethereal Nerinian. Eva cannot help but wonder what would bring someone from Nerine to their island today. She welcomes it all the more though.

“Welcome to Ischia,” she greets the other mare. Her golden gaze gleams with warmth as she meets the gaze of the Nerine. “I’m Eva. What brings you all the way from Nerine?” The nereid considers Ilma for another moment as the words of Vulgaris come to her mind. Was there trouble brewing?
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Ilma]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Ilma
    hanging over you

follow where you are
    The white mare waits patiently - she knows who rules here, knows she is easy to talk with, and she knows that the purple nereid will only have peace and quiet on her mind when she thinks of protecting her residents, not war and building stone walls around her island.

The smell of Nerine’s salt is still on her skin, despite spending a day or so in Tephra’s flowery grove. After all, Ilma spent longer there than in Tephra, and travelling through one land did not mean losing the smell of another entirely. Still, she thinks of swimming when she will leave for the Pampas. It’s no good to be tied to any land in her current position.

Eva is not wrong, so Ilma smiles nonetheless. ”I’m Ilma. More of a nomad really, though I did speak to Heartfire recently. She asked me to bring you her greetings as well.” Offer friendship, she said. Nothing more than Lepis had offered from Taiga; but Ilma knows to add more; simple friendships and alliances between lands had not worked previously either.

”I’m actually on a mission of my own, which is to make as many friends in as many lands as I can.” Ilma offers. ”Personal friends, that is. What are the Ischians like?” she wonders aloud.
    Hurry, the sun is waking

@[Eva]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Her right ear flicks forward curiously when hearing Ilma is a nomad. However, it seems there is some sort of underlining relationship between the two. Eva is not familiar with such friendship between the ethereal mare and Nerine Queen, but all the more she welcomes anyone who visits the island.

“It’s nice to meet you Ilma.” She offers with a slight tilt of her purple head to the right. Eva considers speaking about such affairs in regards to how Nerine was doing. It had been sometime since she had been there, but Ilma is simply a nomad and that made it even easier for the nereid to pass by such diplomatic tendencies.

Ilma came here for her own reasons. Someone who seems to be on their own personal journey for friendships. It intrigued her interest. Rarely did anyone come knocking on their door to seek friendship of sorts—it seemed only those that came wanted a sort of political friendship

“You surprise me with your search for friends.” Eva states her personal thoughts out loud. “Although I can say friendship is one of the most important things to me in my life.” Her smile increases a little further on her purple stained lips. The nereid thinks of many of the friendships she has developed over the years, especially those on Ischia recently. “Most of us are very friendly and kind here.” She knows she cannot speak for everyone, but for those that Evan cans she does. “We are very protective of our family, friends, and home. But we also welcome anyone that needs a quiet place of safety. Our home is open-borders to only those that come here with good intentions. We don’t normally welcome those that come here with ill-intent to create chaos in Ischia.” Eva then falls silent, waiting to see if that answers the white mare’s questions.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Ilma]
    Ilma
    hanging over you

follow where you are
    Eva is surprised, the white mare can tell - perhaps surprised to hear that Ilma had chosen to stay officially unaligned (even though perhaps she could claim to have her own agenda), but still sort-of made a diplomatic visit.

Truth is, her ambassadorship had ingrained her diplomacy do much, she did not know any better.

”You’re not the only one who will be. However, I’ve learned in my life to reach out to my friends when I needed to and in return aid where I could; that was sometimes in the name of my kingdom, but I figured I would be happiest having as many friends spread throughout Beqanna as I can, without needing a formal alliance first. It would not be wholly different from when I spoke for the Sanctuary, although I imagine it’d be easier to accept my friendship as a person and not as an ambassador.” At least, she hopes so. She is experimenting still, and those who are already wary of forming any new friendship or alliance, would probably stay that way.

At Eva’s story, Ilma gives her signature motherly smile. ”It sounds like my former home. I hope there’ll always be a safe place away from it all. There has to be.” The latter comes out in a distant-sounding murmur, as if she makes the wish for herself more than for the purple nereid.
    Hurry, the sun is waking

@[Eva]
    Hello I feel like this is some sort of crap but hey it’s a post and there is dialogue
    Eva can certainly agree that Ilma’s search for friendship is an unlikely one. However, she cannot deny the simple truth and the ultimate nature it is for all of them to have a sense of belonging whether that is with family and friends. She cannot even fathom what her life would be like now without the family she has created or when Adria had welcomed her to her own in Ischia.

Carefully listening further to the pristine mare’s words, Eva nods her head in further agreement. There was certainly a benefit to friendships in personal and politically, but she finds Ilma leans more to that have cherishing her friends than the political gains it would bring. The purple nereid doesn’t care for political relations that only simply think of their own benefit. She has seen what that was like firsthand when the previous Tephra King had come to try and take control (although deep within her heart she believed the king had only wanted to provide insurance for his kingdom and his family).

“Friendship can take time to form, at least one that is honest and sincere. Certainly, a formal alliance can turn into a friendship as well, but I suppose that only depends on the heart of both sides.” It was only with time, Eva learned, that truly would unravel one’s intentions and true self. She has heard through stories of treachery and betrayal, the consequences having terrible effect on many as well. Becoming a leader, the purple nereid wanted to avoid all those consequences. Another reason she has wanted Ischia to remain a neutral land, but also a helping hand for those that needed a sanctuary.

Her smile lifts up a little. “I am always open to making a new friend.” She offers, finding herself already liking the other mare she only had met moments ago. “Really?” Eva says with a tilt of her head. “I do hope there will always be a place as well. Such places can really make all the difference during troubling times.” Everyone needed a place for healing when tough times came after all.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Ilma]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

When Eva talks about time, Ilma gives a nod, then a smile. ”I could come back later, if you like.” she says with a chuckle in her voice. She’s not entirely serious - she would like to get to know Eva better on a personal level, she likes the mare, but Eva is right, too. A single meeting would not immediately turn into the deepest of friendships. But it is a good start, and Ilma would rather continue it than cut it short here.

As they walk, the sunlight-winged mare absorbs the colours of Ischia, the ever-summer a delight to she who spent the majority of her life in the pristine white of a more wintery scene; the height of the mountainous region simply did not afford summer to stick long. And it did not need to - flora and fauna had long since adapted, providing quite enough for the moon-coloured mare and her friends. Family… family she hadn’t truly had, in retrospect. Only her children remain, but most have long since left her to explore the world on their own. She knows her eldest returns to Hyaline sometimes, but she has her own family, one in which Ilma no longer fully fits. And what would the triplets want with their grandmother anyway… no, it’s better this way. She finds that the west has more sanctuaries than she initially had anticipated, but it suits her well to stick to this part of the world.

Speaking of which, she finds that Eva agrees with her that at least one such place should always exist. Ilma finds herself taking a liking to the leader of the island, nodding when she hears the purple nereid about the subject. ”Do you think Isilya would agree? I heard Ruinam had some ideas that Vulgaris rejected, but perhaps it still has potential.” she muses. Truly, she would have to visit Ruinam soon, as well. And check on Isilya and Toivo. Her son by birth, but a Tephran by now for sure.

Funny how that worked, she thinks. She wished Magnus would be here to see it - perhaps one day he could, still.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Eva] Would you be okay with finishing up in the next post or so? I’m going to slowly downgrade Ilma’s threads to one at the time (:
    Eva has always been inherently accepting of others. To a fault, perhaps, she naturally looks pass the harsher edges of others that are more selfish and ungiving, believing there must be some ounce of goodness in their hearts no matter how small it might be. Becoming a leader, she has learned it will not always be that way—there likely will always be someone trying to take advantage of everyone around them. She knew she could no longer be naïve and accept someone immediately to have good intentions, but it still doesn’t stop her from giving others a chance to prove themselves. 

Her purple stained lips curl up into a smile as then other mare laughs. “I would very much like that,” she says as she speaks with honesty. Within her heart, it felt certain that she could find a true friendship with someone like Ilma. A friendship that perhaps could last forever. It certainly was a rarity to find such friends that were intentional, but Ilma seemed rather certain to form quality friendships rather than ones that could break with one wrong move.

When Ilma speaks about the potential ideas Ruinam spoke about, her smile softens a little. She remembers the events that took place well still. It had certainly been a rocky start to her leadership. A part of her still wished she had mended things with the late king and his daughter. Eva very much had liked Lark, and certainly she felt they could have been good friends if the events had played out differently. But that just was how things went—somehow sour and then sweet.

She turns her gaze to look over Ischia for a moment. In the end she was glad she had stepped up and spoken from her heart. Ischia was more than a political playground that rulers could simply use however they wanted. Turning her gaze back to Ilma, continuing to walk beside the sunshine mare, her former smile returns. “I think Isilya would perhaps consider it. She spoke about wanting to keep Tephra peaceful, but I cannot speak for her myself.” Eva had only met the white-flower mare once. The purple nereid found the Tephra queen to be lovely their first meeting. “It certainly could be a possibility now,” she muses as well thinking about Isilya’s intentions of ruling Tephra. Even if it wasn’t the original idea Ruinam had with just the islands forming their own allegiance together. Perhaps it was time to speak about the possibilities with both Isilya and Ruinam.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Ilma] I am happy to conclude things here if you want Smile