• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

From a very young age she was told she was different. She was important and special. Her blood was the most significant—the strongest of all in Beqanna. She was the daughter of dragons and hellhounds. A masterpiece of blood and fire united together.

Yet, she has never felt like a dragon. Dracarys did not feel the burning fire in her chest like the other dragons did. She only felt the burning fire around her, an aura that only came when she was afraid and needed to protect herself. It was only fueled by fear, and the blue mare did not strive to live her life in fear. Her parents had taught her to be more than fearful—she was meant to be fear itself.

Dracarys didn’t just strive to be fear though. She learned that along the way there was more to having strength. It was a blessing to be given abilities that gave you the capability to be strong and to protect all that you loved and believed in. Dragons were not only fearful and strong, but they were protectors.

It is why she was a dragon now. The Wysteria fairy had seen something in her—perhaps something the world needed, but Dracarys simply had no idea what the future held for her. She only knows that the rocky hills of Loess call her back home.

With every stroke of her dragon wings, she feels the power in them. The first time she took off from the mountain had been full of wonderment. She could not believe what she had been missing all of this time! However, flying did not compare to the icy-cold feeling that burned deep within her chest. It was different from the burning fire she had once heard about though. It felt colder, but there lingers the same feeling she had heard about—the power that fueled deep within all dragons.

A power that could never be put out.

Dracarys soars high and above the familiar rocky hills covered in the summer greenery. She spots the many fresh and saltwater springs. Scattered across the land are the familiar tropical ferns, cacti, and pine brush. There is a deep ache in her chest as she looks upon Loess. It was ache of missing home—a feeling she had never associated only with Sylva until now. She doesn’t fight the feeling this time though. Dracarys has come to accept this is the place where she must be—her future awaits her now.

Turning slowly, the blue splashed dragon makes her way slowly down to the ground. She flaps her large wings swiftly to lower herself graceful. With a soft thud, Dracarys lands with elegance onto the ground. Her silver-blue eyes glance around the kingdom of Loess. She waits quietly, looking for any familiar faces. It has been sometime since she has come to Loess. Dracarys wonders if it is still the same since she first came here after ending of her father's reign.

[Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

”You’re dragon blood,” Cyprin is not at all far from where Dracarys alights. Her voice is silky with the matter-of-fact tone woven in each syllable. She inches closer, her own dragon eyes shifting in color to a curious gold. The sheen of her coat grabs the sunlight and ripples as she moves placidly toward the girl. Loess lingers on her skin, so she isn’t entirely an outsider. There is still the meadow or the forest mingling there as well, but Cyprin’s scent is of little difference. It remains Loess with faint traces of lands beyond the kingdom’s reach where she attempted to roam and explore away from her mother’s watchful eyes.

Nothing has held her interest enough to keep her from home, unlike the girl in front of her. A touch of something else claws at her nostrils and washes a look of fascination across her pretty face. ”What was the Mountain like?” It looms above them all, foreboding with its snowy peak and rolling clouds. Often, she has wondered what untold secrets are harbored, but she has not yet made an attempt to visit. One day, she tells herself.

Glancing briefly to the distant summit, she tries to imagine a place much different from the foothills of Loess. Her mind unravels with ideas that compliment anything that the dragon girl says before leveling on her once more. A soft gale tousles her locks and frames her head. ”I forgot my manners,” she comments with an airy laughter that is as weightless at the clouds above, ”My name is Cyprin. What’s yours?” With an inquisitive tilt of her head, she tries to scrutinize and determine whether there is a relation binding their blood, but seeing as Cyprin has never met her sibling’s first-born children, she cannot quite determine a root for familiarity. The humility of not knowing bangs across her thoughts, quickening her heart as she tries to reel through catalogued names she has heard throughout Loess.

Unfortunately, many of the names lack corresponding faces.

Pushing through her muted embarrassment, she calmly asks, ”How long have you lived in Loess?” And then, with a flicker of her attention to admire the draconic wings, she adds, ”Beautiful, might I add.”

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

@[Dracarys]

DRACARYS

The blue mare’s ears flickers at the sound of certainty in each syllable. Her silver-blue eyes drift towards the blue and black ombre mare. A curious expression slowly appears on the finer features of her blue face. Dracarys considers the unfamiliar mare for a moment as she tries to connect the dots together. The statement from the blue and black mare stumbles her, but she quickly catches the curious dragon eyes that look back at her.

“You are as well,” she says without a second thought. Perhaps all dragons were able to sense one another. It was something to consider—something about dragons she was only beginning to truly understand. Dracarys had simply thought she knew about all dragons in every single way. However, it seemed there was much more than just knowing.

Dracarys has come to understand that not every single dragon was the same. Parts of a dragon lives differently in each of them. Her mother might have the mimicry of a dragon and she born with a fire aura to protect her, but it was not the same as being a full dragon. There was something deeper within her that ached to become whole. Did all of those that had a piece of them feel this way?

An expression of fascination swiftly appears on the other dragon mare’s features. Dracarys wonders what sort of fascination she could have with her, but her thought is answered within a heartbeat. A soft smile gently grows across her blue-white splashed lips. Her eyes briefly turn towards the direction of the mountain. The memory comes quickly to her mind. Her emotions stir without hesitation as she recalls the sensation of everything changing.

“It is perhaps the most magical place in the world,” Her voice is soft as her thoughts are stuck in the memory of her transformation. “It appears as if anything normal, but there is something so different when you are up there and the howling of the wind is all around you.” Dracarys had only been a naïve child when she went up there seeking what she had wanted. Yet, she had come down from the mountain as something that felt entirely new from what she had sought before. “It changes you in ways you perhaps never thought possible.” She falls silent for a moment.

Returning her silver-blue gaze back to the unnamed dragon mare, her smile lifts a smudge more at her words. “I am Dracarys.” Her voice is confident as she introduces herself as @[Cyprin]. Dracarys had never heard of the name before, but there are many others that she is related to her that she barely knows. After all, it was only recently she had been told she was the granddaughter of Castile.

Cyprin’s question is perhaps one she will get asked a lot. Her face is a stranger among those that have called Loess their home for many years or their entire life. Dracarys only knows the autumn kingdom of Sylva by memory. The land of Loess is but a faint memory. She does not know every corner of the kingdom like she knows the autumn woods that border east of her current home now. Part of her longs to return to the woods, but something deep within her anchors her to stay here instead.

“Not long,” she says without a hint of her first distaste for coming to Loess when her father sent her to come here. “Maybe a year or more now.” Dracarys falls short with giving any more information to Cyprin. Part of her decides it was not best to give her entire life story away so easily. Then again, her hellhound father had always told her to keep such personal information hidden. It was for the good of all things—perhaps at least.

Her silver eyes glisten at the comment about her draconic wings. “Thank you. They are a bit of a hassle to get used to, but I think I have gotten the hang of it now.” She laughs softly as the memory of trying to fly the first time comes back to her.

“What about you? How long have you lived in Loess, Cyprin?” She asks with a tilt of her head.

An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

”I am,” her voice is glazed by the subtle envy that although she is of dragon blood, she has only eyes to show it. Here, a relative stands in front of her, proud in her draconic ice while her brothers soar high above in their reptilian bodies. While Cyprin revels in the power that she beckons to her will, there is still a heaviness in her breath at having been deprived of so much that her family is trademarked. Of course, she still smiles. Warmth still exudes from her because the girl is family, a dragon that continues their bloodlines instead of opposing it. Another friend, she muses with a bright twinkle in her eyes.

Shifting her attention away from Dracarys’ wings, Cyprin more closely searches the wonderment of her gaze as she swan dives jubilantly into the description of the Mountain. The excitement is contagious, blooming in Cyprin’s breast as she listens and drinks in the information that sweetened nectar. ”It sounds magical!” She swoons with a dreamy tone while tilting her head to stare at the looming summit far in the distance. ”Maybe you can show me some time!” It would be nice not to be alone, to have a friend at her side during such a perilous adventure.

But to what purpose would they go? And would Dracarys even want to return when she has already gained such beautiful additions?

Cyprin’s gaze narrows on the harrowing trails that lead toward the Mountain. Her mind sinks its claws into the visual, pulling the intricate twists and turns into the chasms of her memory to safely keep. For miles ahead, she can see the obstacles and the tedious trails. There is so much to experience, but it will all be for another day.

A day when she can comfortably leave Loess and wander.

Her response comes quickly, almost unbidden, to her lips like she was expecting the rebuttal. ”My entire life,” she is proud to be here, to have been born and raised in the rocky hills and mountains of Loess. Pivoting, Cyprin directs Dracarys’ eyes toward the easternmost peaks, tilting her chin up. ”There. Tucked in those mountains is a cave that my brother Castile found and deepened for us. A dragon’s den for the family,” her heart soars to think of mother and father in there, coddling her since her very first breath. ”If you ever need shelter, or want to meet more of the family, we are often up there. It’s in this poorly timed moment, however, that Cyprin realizes she opens the gate to a family member that she hasn’t yet confirmed. Licking her lips, she traces the edges of Dracarys’ face. ”I know you are dragon blood… but by whom? I would like to know how close we are,” a honeyed smile amplifies Cyprin’s natural beauty, her silky forelock sliding to frame. ”I know you are not a sister, but…” she trails off in her mind’s reeling for answers. 

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

@[Dracarys]

DRACARYS

Every part of the mountain was magical. She knows her words could never describe the fascination and wonder of the highest peaks within Beqanna. The magic in the mountains was captivating, but such magic was terrifying.

She ponders Cyprin’s words. Going back to the mountain filled her with wonderment immediately. However, she quickly remembers the price she had to pay in order to get where she was now. Dracarys had never had to pay such a price before. She remembers the way the fairy came to her—angry while the world stormed with a plague. What kind of price would they ask from Cyprin?

Dracarys blinks, pushing away any notions of what could happen. Her attention focuses solely back onto the blue gunmetal mare. A smile curls her soft blue lips, forcing away all previous concerns away. “Perhaps some day if you feel drawn to it,” The blue mare offers in return. She cannot help wondering what sort of things Cyprin would want. It was different for all of them in the end.

When she hears about Cyprin living within Loess her return life, Dracarys is not surprised. It seemed Loess became the birthing den for all dragons that consume Beqanna now. She comes from the line of all these dragons that claim Loess to be their home. Her bloodline strongly connects her to the deep roots that have grown within Loess. Now she stands here, calling Loess her home.

Her silver-blue gaze follows along to where Cyprin directs her to look towards the easternmost peaks. She imagines what it must have been like to live simply in a cave with your family. Her early moments of life were spent within the protection of the autumn forest. She was closely watched and cared for by parents that gave and would continue to give her everything (or so she imagines if things had not gone the way they did). However, she is surprised to hear that Cyprin calls Castile her brother. Dracarys doesn’t give away a hint of the new information she learns. In fact, she realizes now just how closely related she is to her new acquaintance.

Dracarys turns to face her attention back to Cyprin as the other mare now realizes she has opened a book of information to her. A secret that is only perhaps shared quietly with close members of the dragon family. She carefully considers the other mare for a moment. Her father’s reminder her only reveal small amounts of information comes back to her. Dracarys wonders what kind of family member Cyprin is. She learned quickly enough that Castile had strong family values despite half of her blood being from his once enemy. Are you the same I wonder, she thinks.

“I am a granddaughter of Castile,” she says softly as she considers her next words. “My mother’s is named Valdis.” The blue mare does not consider mentioning her father. His name was like poison around here (or so she still thinks it might be). “Do you know her?” She asks curiously.

@[Cyprin]