• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  fell asleep inside a fantasy, Badden

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

She has spent most of her life keeping something fierce and uncontrollable trapped inside; keeping everything carefully buried so that she might not have to acknowledge it. But does he know what he threatens to unleash from her? Whatever it is that is clawing through the space between her ribs, whatever it is that simmers so sweetly right beneath the skin – it is not the dragon that she has struggled to keep at bay. This was something else entirely, and while there is a fear that lurks in the corner of her mind, there is a certain kind of thrill, too.

Every word he speaks feels like small shocks inside of her mind, and she wonders if anyone else could have possibly made her feel this way. It’s maddening, and exhilarating, to be so entirely taken by someone that was by all accounts a stranger – and yet somehow she feels as though she has known him a lifetime. If she is walking a dangerous line, if she is treading into treacherous waters, she does not have the capacity to think it through. She doesn’t think about how he could break her heart; she doesn’t think that maybe this is a game to him, that he is charming and roguishly handsome because he is trying to get something from her. She should have had at least an inkling of trepidation, just being raised by her mother. She should have at least some sort of apprehension after watching her mother break again and again.

But she looks at him, and she doesn’t see the men that her mother has been with. He could not possibly have such a callous part hidden to him, not with eyes so warm when they looked at her and the way words sounded so sweet but teasing from his mouth. “I think you would change your mind if I accidentally gave you a life lesson on being hurt,” it’s meant to sound teasing, but the truth of it weighs into each syllable. He is talking about emotional hurt; she knows. He is talking about taking risks, going new places, falling in love, all those other intangible hurts. She doesn’t want to think about how she could actually hurt him. How her dragon form could obliterate him and she is afraid that small, conscious part of her wouldn’t be able to rein the monster in.

All she wants is this moment; this moment of enchantment that she is afraid is going to disappear.

The way that he gasps her name after her lips had touched him almost makes her recoil, and her heart jumps into her throat. But she only withdrew a few inches, and the echo of her name on his tongue pulls her into him again. His skin shudders, and even before he could ask for more she found herself touching him again, just to see if he would still tremble. When he presses closer into her it brings her chest against his, and her lips again find the strong curve of his neck.

But when he touches her back, when his mouth caresses the warmth of her skin, she is not prepared for the adrenaline and want that would suddenly shoot through her. The intensity of it causes scales to shiver across her skin; a ripple of a shimmering, white armor riding like a wave from her neck and all across her back, and only to disappear just as quickly. He would have felt them, though – she is sure of it, and this makes her stumble back with a sharp inhale. “I’m sorry,” the apology is spilling from her before she can contain it, her crystal-blue eyes anguished and worried when she looks at him. “I can’t...I can’t always control it. The scales, I mean, and...other things.” She wants so badly to stop talking, to stop digging herself further into this hole she found herself in. She wants to rewind to just a few moments before, now that she knew what happened when he touched her like that, and maybe if she was prepared she could keep the dragon scales away.

But instead she is collapsing in on herself, afraid that he will be irritated she hid something from him, and afraid that he will loathe what he had just accidentally discovered. Even though she had stepped back she was still close enough that she could have touched him again if she decided to reach forward, and she starts to, but something stops her just before their skin can meet again. “Don’t hate me,” comes her almost tremulous whisper, because I want so badly to see where this is going, but somehow the last part turns to ash on her tongue and she can’t bring herself to say it.

I accidentally wrote you like 800 words and I'm sorry lmfao
    This was like nothing he had ever experienced. He had absolutely nothing to compare it to, no way of knowing what this was between them. What it possibly meant or could mean. What it was that had brought him to the Meadow today, to this very spot where she was. Why he is so incredibly drawn to her. He has seen beauty before- in his adopted sisters, all sorts of mares and fillies that exist over the whole of Beqanna. But none had ever made him feel like this, like he had to approach them, had to speak to them, had to feel their skin against his. All he knows is whatever this was, while completely unexpected in this magnitude, is something he doesn't want to end. Not that he could turn away from her if he tried.

How could he care that they are barely more than strangers when every time her eyes meet his, his blood heats. When every time he manages to coax a teasing light into them, or a hint of a real smile from her lips, something clicks into place inside him. When every inch closer they became to each other, his heart rate kicks up a notch. When hearing her voice makes him want to hear more. It is so easy between them that he doesn't stop to think why or how, only lives in the moment. 

"I think you would change your mind if I accidentally gave you a life lesson on being hurt," She'd teased in her weighted tones, but the words became foggy as they inched closer yet again. "Hmm, so dangerous you are." His answering tone was meant to be teasing as well, but came out in a husky rumble as the next moments came and the distance was closed. Her name whispered from his lips came so easily when she'd touched him, sent shocks under his skin to coiled muscles. He hadn't realized he'd been so tense, until his wings rose above his back on their own. And then she heeded to his request to not stop touching him. When her lips find his skin once more, he covers his answering tremble by pressing closer to her. Porcelain white meets his reddish gold and the heat rises between them to an insane degree. It is impossible for him not to touch her back, to feel her even that much more. His muzzle lowers to her neck, lips traveling gently over skin unbelievably warm and soft. Her scent fills his nose- intoxicating- as he breathes her in and his eyes begin to drift shut. By some amazing force, his touch seems to affect her too as noted by a subtle tremble of her own, followed by the most curious sensation of velvet transitioning to smooth right under his lips. His eyes lift just in time to catch it continuing to roll over her shoulders and back and to her hips before disappearing again. 

Badden isn't given time to think how interesting and amazing that was before Casi is suddenly jerking away from him with this heart-wrenching look in her blue eyes as she hurries to apologize and stammers for an explanation. "Hey, it's okay, it's okay. Shh..." He tries in the midst of it, tone as soothing as he could make it, brow furrowed. His wings droop at his sides as his skin is cooled, as though missing her warmth already. He attempts a soft smile, reaching slowly for her and so very softly nuzzles a line from her left ear to the velveteen curve of the side of her nose. Hoping to erase some of those worry lines from her lovely face and trying with much effort to ignore the way it causes his heart to jerk within his chest. Her whisper reaches his ears and he gives a quiet chuckle, knowing full well he was in this way deep already. "Hate you? Casi, that's simply not possible." Badden doesn't think to ask if the nickname is acceptable to her; it just came naturally to him. "I don't believe I could ever hate you.." All spoken with his lips beside hers, as though he couldn't bear to break contact. A breath shudders out of him as he aches to press closer again, but wanting her to see the sincerity in his eyes. He places a soft kiss there at the soft of her nose, corner of her mouth before finally being able to lift his face away- only a few inches. "Do you want to tell me about them? The scales?" It is a genuine question, non-probing as he has become very aware that she seems self-conscious about it. And then, a prideful look as he tilts his head and glances over her back as though he might see them dance across her body once more. Would it happen if he touches her again?
    BADDEN

CASIMIRA

He does something to her, and it terrifies her in ways that are beautiful and heart-wrenching.

She had never thought herself the kind of girl to be so easily taken by someone else. Not because she saw love and romance as weaknesses, but because she assumed it would never find her. For so long she had hidden herself, tucked away in the forests and the mountains, and the only thing that ever consumed her thoughts was learning to control her dragon so that she stopped being destructive. And there was a part of her young, foolish heart that was convinced she didn’t deserve anything like that. She didn’t deserve the love of someone else when she could accidentally snap one day. She didn’t deserve to know what it was like to feel safe tucked in the embrace of someone else when they would never be safe with her.

But he’s making her wonder what it would be like to try.

She had pulled away from him and he was still right there, and somehow through her own torrent of apologies she hears his hushed reassurance. He touches her face and for a moment her eyes close, and all she can hear is the pounding of her heart against her ribs, and all she can feel is him against her skin. Slowly, she exhales a tremulous sigh, unknowingly leaning into his touch. He calls her Casi and it makes her heart skip in her chest, because even though her mother and brother called her that, it somehow sounded sweeter coming from him. At this point she was beginning to think there wasn’t anything he couldn’t do that wouldn’t send her reeling, and though she is powerless to stop it, she finds that she doesn’t really want to.

She can still feel the heat of his kiss even when he pulls away, like an echo of it being replayed across her skin. Her pale blue eyes search his, and she can’t help but to think that there was a reason that he was put in her path. There was a reason that out of all the souls she could have come across, hers found his. “I want to tell you,” she begins quietly, reaching forward to brush her lips against his jaw. “I want to tell you everything, because I want you to know exactly who I am,” because she wants him to be able to decide for himself if he wanted to risk being with her, but at this moment all she can think about is how it might send him running. It was selfish of her, she knows, to want to see what happens now without divulging the full truth. Another step closer, and her touch traces his cheek, and then along the groove of his throat where she breathlessly whispers, “But right now I just want you to kiss me again.” 

It was astounding the way that, so quickly, she became all he could think about. Everything he was became all about her, in the blink of an eye, as though they'd known each other forever. Teasing her, touching her, comforting her.. It was so deeply satisfying to be the one to settle her from her worries, to ease her mind. The fact that when he touched her, he could feel the moment she closes her eyes, leans into him and sighs away that frantic concern from mere moments ago. It does something to him, shifting something inside that no words could explain. It makes it easy for every word from his lips to carry all the intensity of truth behind them. No, he couldn't possibly hate her. And from the moment he places the soft kiss to the side of her muzzle, just to the side of her lips, he feels the heat spread through him to make him realize this was anything but hate.

He feels the draw even as he still manages to pull his face only inches away, though still close enough that their breaths mingle in the warm air between their noses. Their gazes meet once more and he tries so hard to focus less on how much he wants to explore these feelings, and more on her. She says she wants to tell him, and he wants greatly to listen. But then she's closing the space again, and those silken white lips trail over his jawline. He shudders, forcing himself to breathe as his mind goes foggy and his heart races. Badden leans in and tilts his head, guiding her every inch over his skin to the sensitive flesh of his throat. Any thought of a reply was stifled by a groan when she tells him to kiss her again. 

It was like opening the floodgates and he was powerless to stop the flow it held back. It was a mixture of wild heat and sparks of electricity as he presses into her, his face burrowing into her neck and up to her own jaw. His lips trace along the curves of her face until they find and capture hers in what feels like velvet fire as he kisses her. He tries to make it sweet, but it all consumes him and it's like he can't get enough of her. He begins to think he could never get enough of her. Dangerous, indeed. 

His body tightens and seethes with new awareness and need. He breaks the kiss only to trail gentler kisses down to her neck and the junction of her shoulder. His wings ruffle and rise up to curve around them as some sort of shield, as though they needed containment. He'd never expected to feel this way, about her or anyone. Didn't know such a thing was possible. He slows his exploration some, breaths coming rapidly against her skin. He can't see her face at this moment, can only feel her. And as enveloped as they've become, he realizes just how inexperienced he is at this. He wants more of her, all of her, and to give all of himself to her as well. A bit overwhelming it is, but he couldn't say he was scared. "Casi." He breathes into her, nuzzling along the curve of her shoulder, basking in her heat and fascinated by the softness of her skin. But she has the option to pull away if this was too much for her. Oh, please let it not be too much..
    BADDEN

Omg <3

CASIMIRA

She has felt fire stir inside of her chest before, and she has ran from it.
    She has felt heat simmer beneath the surface of her skin, and she has been afraid of it.
    She has felt that terrifying blackness encroach across her mind, where she feels like she has no control, and she has done everything in her power to never feel it again.

And Badden crashed through every barrier without even trying and showed her an entirely different kind of fire.

She kisses him and his body shudders and she feels a flame flicker between her ribs.
    He kisses her and she feels a simmering want and desire come to life in her veins.
    And he breathes her name, and suddenly there is absolutely nothing else in this entire world.

She matches his every touch, her chest pressed fiercely into his. Her lips kiss and caress his jawline and down his throat, leaving nothing untouched that she can reach. Already she has memorized his scent and what he felt like beneath her touch – the way his skin shivered and the way his breath had quickened, the way his flesh felt when her kiss was too greedy and she would graze him with her teeth. And she was greedy, because somehow nothing was enough. No matter how much he touched her, no matter how many times he kissed his way along her neck and her shoulder, she already knew it wasn’t going to be enough.

She wanted all of him – every last part.

“Badden,” she had meant to murmur his name, but it came out in a breathless gasp.  She was trembling against him, her forehead laying momentarily against his shoulder as she fought to regain some sort of clarity, and some semblance of control. She didn’t know how to tell him what she wanted; that she wanted to know what it felt like to have him on top of her and inside of her, that she wanted him to make her his. That she was absolutely terrified of how badly she wanted him, and not just in that way. She wanted him now, but she knew she would want him again, and again, and again.

And so she steps forward, the svelte curves of her body still tight against his as she slides a few steps alongside him. Slowly, her pale muzzle runs across the top of his back, savoring the warmth of his skin. But then there is something achingly deliberate in the way her touch travels lower, from his back down his flank and so sweetly close to the underside of his barrel, before she stops.

Her chest feels tight with the breath she is holding, and when she tilts her head so that her eyes can find his, she suddenly realizes that she doesn’t have to actually tell him anything at all.

probably gonna need a mature tag now :| just let me know when you write your reply I guess lmfao

<3