• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Hopeful; any
    Jayhawk made her way through towards the river. She was yet again pregnant with a foal who would be born anytime soon. This was her fourth child and didn't know if she would want anymore. She looked at her sides and knew that she would go through the birthing pains yet again. She continued down the path and remembered the night that the foal had been conceived. It had been yet another great night but it had caused her to become pregnant. 

She got half way to the river when the labor pains started. She slowly lowered her body to the ground and sighed. She looked around and saw no one. She knew that it was almost time to bring the little one into the world. She clenched her teeth together as the pain started again. After a few bouts of pain and a lot of pushing her foal was born. She looked down at the little filly that lay behind her. She smiled and hoped that she could be more of a mother to the lavender palomino appaloosa filly. She stood up carefully and turned towards to foal. She started to clean the foal and looked around.

@[Kwartz] You don't have to post him unless you'd like to 
    Its also open to anyone
    The fox-shifter from Icicle Isle strolls along the river silently musing to himself. He had abandoned his canine form after bumping into the strange bird-horse. So, his solid hooves carry his equine chassis through the lush grasses that follow the river. His pelt is the same hue as a raven's feathers except for a white sock that touches his fetlock, a white blob on his forehead, bronze streaks in his mane and tail, and bronze tips on his inky black ears. The desert-bred steed possesses a refined but sturdy body. He is light on his feet and agile; built for speed though, right now, his stride is an easy and casual walk. Muscled haunches provide the drive behind the gait that four limbs execute.

In his silence, Jesper hones in on all of the sounds associated with the River. The churning, rushing waters are a given. So are the bullfrogs ushering their mating bellows and the light rustle of grasses. An owl hoots from off in the distance though, most of the birds are asleep. Everything seems in order, except for the unmistakable groans of a mare giving birth. The black stallion never meant to intrude on such a private event but, here he is. He imagines the mother is on high alert so, rather than silently slinking off, he decides to reassure her. He comes to a halt just outside the protective grove and, musters his gentlest tone. "Hi there. I was just passing through but, could not help but overhear." His aquamarine gaze briefly flicks to the spotted lavender newborn whom he can barely make out through the dense brush. He then lifts his gaze to focus upon the lush grasses at his hooves. "Congratulations are in order. She is beautiful. I don't want to be a bother, ma'am but, while I am here, if you need anything, I am happy to help."

@[Jayhawk]
    Jayhawk was almost done with cleaning the little winged lavender filly when she heard something movement on the other side of the brush. She stood protectively beside the newborn. She gave the stallion a small smile as he spoke. She said "Thank you. Oh it's okay you aren't bothering me. My name is Jayhawk and this little beauty is Makara. " She looked down at the filly who was now beginning to nurse. She turned her attention back to the stallion who stood before her. She said "You're welcome to step into the little grove here. May I ask you for your name sir?"

@[Jesper]