• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Silent moments
    Time seemed like it had been flying by and his life had been so mundane for a long while. Being a loner had became a depressing feeling for the stallion who for the longest time had lived with his uncle and cousins, but after the death of his uncle every one went their own ways. His cousins flew off to who knows where and he being the wingless, flightless black sheep of the lot was left to wander alone. From time to time he did see his mother, but she was getting up there in age and he wasn't sure how much time she had left on this earth. Though she would smack him if he ever voiced that out loud. His mother was many things but she didn't like being called old. Thinking about her lead him to allow a smile to cross his lips as he slowly made his way into the grassy field. Trotting at a lazy pace he made his way to the edge of the cliff that the water falls from before reaching out and lapping up the water. The autumn sky was clear and the sun beat down upon his back. It wasn't hot though and in fact it was a little chilly with a strong breezy wind.

"It is nice today." He said softly speaking to himself. Looking up he watched as some birds flew over head and he frowned again. Head lowering he moved away from the water to stand more out in the open. "Must be nice to have such a freedom." He mumbled to himself about the birds. He was clearly jealous of the bird he had seen, and didn't try to hide it. Normally he would but he hadn't seen anyone around him. So he allowed his jealous crazy side to slip out for a moment. Standing in the field he basket in the lovely feeling sunlight before lowering his head to graze quietly.
    KENSA
    we were golden. we were fire. we were magic.

Hyaline’s Primarch arrives in the field by water. One moment there is nothing but the rippling surface of the falls-fed pool. The next a woman marbled in gold and white is rising from the surface dripping, glittering beneath the autumn sunlight. She does not bother to give herself an undignified shake when paces out of the shallows to stand on the close cropped grass near the pool. Water beads off her skin and cords her mane as she directs her attention to the strikingly colored appaloosa standing nearby.

For his part, he is watching birds flit swiftly overhead and she too angles her face up to watch whilst striding nearer. “Yes. I’ve wished for a set of wings myself for a long time.” The small curvy mare settles her gaze squarely on the strange stallion and a smile flicks across her lips. “Kensa.” She says with a succinct dip of her chin, her introductions are rarely more verbose than that. “Welcome to Beqanna.” She’s been here long enough that it’s easy to pick out the strangers and newcomers be they wistful or restive in countenance.  “You know loitering out here is bound to fetch you some invitations to settle among us. If I can give you fair warning, since that’s what I’m about to offer myself.”

The earlier whisp of a smile becomes a good-natured grin with a dimple of wickedness just there in the corner. She has to have a little fun with this after all... after all these trips to meet newcomers. “I’m from Hyaline, in the mountains. We enjoy a lot of freedom, a little trouble making, and it doesn’t hurt that we’re all really good looking.” A laugh, silvery and playful even though this is true its not exactly one of her typical selling points for Hyaline...even though other than the Kelpies and Nereids the man will be hard pressed to meet a woman as lovely as she in Beqanna.

@[Duskfall]
    Standing there his ears where on high alert even as he lazily ate the autumn grasses. As he grazed he thought he heard the sound of someone coming near but paid it now mind. Not until a voice carried across the wind and entered his ears. “Yes. I’ve wished for a set of wings myself for a long time.” Halting his movements the pink haired man raised a brow before he allowed his head to rise. Looking towards the way of the mare he gave her a curious look before his face turned soft. "Wings are overrated. They are big and get dirty easy. Who really needs them." He huffed a bit as he spoke. A touch of jealousy soaked within an otherwise neutral tone. Looking up at the sky once more he returned his graze to the lady as she gave her name and he gave her a polite smile. "Duskfall, but you can call me Fall." He explained while giving her a small bow of his head.

Listening to her lovely voice Fall tossed his head shaking his mane out of his eyes as the wind had blown it into his face. Taking a deep breath he realizes that he was being welcomed to the land of his birth which really goes to show just how much of a loner he was. Still he was polite about it. "I apologize ma'am. You seem to think I am new to this land, I am not. I was born here, but my family have always been nomads. When my uncle died though the whole lot of them flew away." He explained a bit of sadness in his voice as he remembered his uncle, but that soon passed as he took a deep breath before allowing a deep sigh to escape. It really wasn't her problem that his family flew the coop on him.

Shifting on his hooves he listened to her talk about invitation and couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. "You flatter me, but I am just a Dusk reject." His words left his lips as he chuckled before he looked her over gently. Looking towards where the mountains should be he was silent as he scanned the area while listening his lips spreading wide in a bright smile. "Freedom, trouble and fabulous young ladies such as yourself sounds like my sort of party." Fall cooed in a charming voice giving her a wink.

@[Kensa]
    KENSA
    we were golden. we were fire. we were magic.

Though the strikingly colored stallion says a couple of things that make absolutely no sense to the long-time resident of the land mass she listens polite and curious as ever. There are certainly those small groups that keep themselves separate from the Kingdoms, territories and herds but Kensa has been to long entangled in Kingdom life to ever give them much thought or imagine what a life like that would be like. Still, if his people have flown he may find he enjoys living within the boundaries of a place like Hyaline.

Her easy smile is bright and warm as he winks and aims his charms at her. She laughs it off, amused and turns for the mountains in the distance. With winter nearly upon them she will enjoy a trip back through the late autumn color on foot. “Then consider yourself invited, Fall. You’re welcome to follow me or make your way along the river on your own when you’re ready. I think you’ll enjoy Hyaline.” This said, the little mustang lopes northwest toward the trail along the river that would take her up into the mountains. If he wanted to come along she would be happy for the company but she understands that sometimes one needed to make their own way and she has a great many responsibilities awaiting her back in the alpine valleys she leads.

@[Duskfall] He can come up to Hyaline or see if anyone else wants to offer anything. Smile <3
    His choose of words were a bit of a ramble. A big mess of bumbled up words that in all honesty really went all that important. His past was just that in the past and no need to bring up history that doesn’t matter. Heck he should be relieved that his so called family flew off from the time he was born his father had wanted him dead. Snorting to himself Fall cursed himself for even bothering to bring up the past. Looking at the lovely ladies confusion it was clear that she didn’t understand what he was tapping on about anyways. His family had been a strange one. For such a proud bunch they rejected the idea of joining a kingdom to be small groups of nomadic wanderers. Fall had wondered why that was but when he’d ask he had been told that the Fusk’s Would be lead by no stranger and that kin stick together. Yea some kin they were at the end. As soon as his uncle died it was as if his cousin’s saw their chance to leave and took it. Which was completely true.

Shaking his head he pretended to shake his mane out of his eyes when he was really shaking the thoughts and memories from his mind. Ears perked as he listened to the mare and allowed a charming smile to creep back across his face. Hearing the invite he scanned around him, around them for a moment just out of habit. Seeing that there was no one else around who looked like they where eager to give him their offer he figured why not take the lady up on hers. ”What a splendid offer how can I turn down such an invitation. Please m’lady lead the way.” He replied nodding his head as he moved to follow her. Moving at a pace that almost matched her own he was just a few steps behind with his shoulder standing just next to her hip as he followed. He eyed the river than the trail as he made a mental note of everything.

Ooc: @[Kensa] Sorry for the wait on the reply it has been a busy week.