• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let me fly and follow my dreams; Llowell
    (she has no html haha)

The girl had followed her mother's example; walked away from the world when it all became to heavy. Ilma had been a great and warm mom, sure - through all the fever dreams, Terhi had known that her mother was safe, was home. Even if she woke up shivering, she'd be there.

-What Terhi didn't know was that Llowell would have had experienced it the other way around; an angsty mother who would wake from her nightmares and find solace only in the smell of her son. How strange the world worked, that way.-

Now, the girl was nearly grown. She favoured water and shadow and nighttime; born with a lakeside view, nothing else but the sound of water told her she was somehow home. Born with the Plague, hallucinating day and night, she still didn't want to sleep at daytimes, still hid away from the world. All in all, for all that she was quite a pretty girl, with her deep golden palomino colouring and the cutest dots on her side (her mother had told her that her father had them on the other side, and golden, but Terhi couldn't do anything with that information). She should perhaps be out there, in the open, find a pretty boy to join their herd, or someone more exclusive and permanent only for her - or even be a diplomat like her mother, have a purpose, join a kingdom - but due to the circumstances, that just wasn't her.

And so she dozed in the sunlight and woke at twilight. Now, she lifted her head and wandered towards the water. She knew her father was a wanderer, and her siblings too. Sometimes she wondered if she'd ever meet them, and sometimes the girl thought perhaps she didn't care.

@[Llowell]
    Flying
    is learning how to throw yourself at the ground
    and miss
    The winged grullo stallion felt himself wandering from land to land. Maybe he should find himself a new place to call home. Llowell hadn't seen his mom or older sister in a long time. He smiled when he spotted a figure walking towards the water. He tried to decide on whether or not to approach the figure. He took a breath before calling out so that he didn't startle them. Once he got close enough he seen that the figure was a female. He gave her a small smile and said "Hello miss. My name is Llowell but mom called me Lo. What is your name?"
    Llowell

@[Terhi]
    She never met her siblings; she knows them by name and description only. However, she also knows that her mother had the tendency to see her children in a more rose-coloured light than they actually were - if you heard her talking about her older sister, you’d think she was a sweet heroine life-saver 100% of the time. Others had told Terhi about the occasional swears and her bitterness, the warrior-personality. Sure she must have been a good girl like Terhi. But the palomino already knew her half-sister would be so different from her in so many ways.

A winged dun male rounds a corner; she looks up when she notices the movement, and studies the young male before her. He might be nearer her brother and sister’s age - in fact he looks like her brother from description. When he greets her, her thoughts are interrupted by a small smile. ”Llowell. Little wolf. She always said she had good reasons for naming us.” The constellation-marked girl takes in his shape. Yes, it must be him. ”She named me Terhi. I’m glad to finally meet at least one of you. I hear wandering is our blood, so I never knew if I would.”

Or perhaps, not so much in mother’s blood, but in the men she picks to be with. But Terhi doesn’t know the half of it yet - how she could have been another man’s daughter and be even more prone to curiosity and wandering. Perhaps she would have been more adventurous. But she also thinks the circumstances of her birth and short life had marked her whoever her sire, though. It probably doesn’t matter, she concludes. They are who they are.
    Flying
    is learning how to throw yourself at the ground
    and miss
    The winged grullo stallion had not known that he had any younger siblings. Then again he was around two when he last spoke or seen their mother. Llowell gave the young palomino girl a small smile as she took in her words. He looked around the scenery and sighed. He said "Terhi is a beautiful name. How has mother been? I have met our older sister. " He was excited to meet the youngest edition to the family.  
    Llowell

@[Terhi] sorry its so short
    The palomino, marked with her white dots in the Owl constellation’s shape, does not yet know how true her mother’s naming her turned out to be. But she likes the name, if it’s any consolation. So, when Llowell agrees, she gives a happy smile. This one freezes in place when he asks about mother. ”Not so well. She was queen of the Cove for a while, but war broke out someplace and there was tension all over the place. I guess she’s happier now, but I don’t know for sure. I haven’t seen her for a while now.” She’d always thought that she was a burden, though in retrospect she knows that so many other things were more heavy than she and her illness.

She looks her brother up and down. ”Where have you travelled to? So far, I usually stick with the forest and the river.” she tells him. She’s pretty certain that he must have seen more of the world,

@[Llowell] sorry for being so late Smile