• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come With Me To Dragonland [Tana]
    Venus

It had been a quiet few years, she calls Nerine home still, yet she travels the lands more than resting in Nerine. It was a constant reminder of the stag she was stuck up on, she just couldn't shake the feelings they shared...

She should be angry, the dragon boy who had never even met his twins...they had both grown though and live there own lives now. Spyro quiet and sophisticated, while Cynder was the wild dragon child who needed guidance from her father.

But regardless of the hard life the children may have had she continues with life clinging to a love they once had. She was older now, much less naive and so when the smell of the dragon passes her nares she knows it is too good to be true.

Have you returned? The pale girl speaks into the emptiness that surrounds her. But she can smell him, he has to be here, why didn't he look for her? Maybe he didn't want to see her, and for that reason she does not look for him.

Nothings Wrong When Nothings True

@[Santana]
    His patience with his twin had been exhausted, and the trials of daily life with their mother had been enough to drive anyone to distraction. No wonder Belle had been in the state she was when she'd found Raul. He needed to leave, and find some kind of security for himself and his sister. 

They'd been away from the ever changing world for so long, the opaline stallion did not trust that anything or anyone was where he'd left them. The meadow, in its optimistic neutrality, had seemed his safest bet. There were other concerns that had weighed in him, duties that had been neglected for far too long. If it were him on his own, he'd risk unfriendly territories to resume them. But it wasn't just him. Rebelle needed him to ensure that they'd have a place to go, somewhere she'd be safe to grow in. He was his sister's keeper. 

This was his priority, but even so, his stomach clenched when a familiar scent crossed his path. It seemed some things would not wait for his quest to be completed. 

Santana hated conflict. Diplomacy had always been his brother's strong suit. The dragon stallion had never felt like he had the right words, the right reactions. It was so much easier to skirt the issues, to flee or fight. Talking was the hardest. But it was what was needed now. This was not a situation he could growl at to make it go away. Instead, he let his senses draw him to the source of the scent. She was there, like he knew she would be, golden as ever in the daylight. 

"Hallo, Venus," the pale stallion called softly. Emotion tumbled inside him to a dizzying beat. He'd missed her, yes, and he felt guilt at having been gone such a long time. She'd been his, but he also hoped she'd found some other mate to warm her when he'd been gone. That she hadn't deprived herself of that comfort for so long. He would bear the weight of it if she had, though. Gods knew he deserved it. He watched her for a reaction, recognition, something. Some indication of what his presence meant to her. 

@[Venus]
    Venus

Her nares didn't lie to her, the scent grew stronger until the pale stag stands before her. He looked the same, untouched by the burden of raising twin dragons alone. His pelt still covered in ice, and she wonders if his heart froze over as well.

Hello Venus, he says as if they had seen each other in the past year. Her gaze slowly turns to find his, Santana. She speaks his name, it tastes bitter though her tone held little emotion.

She circles around the large stag, she wonders where he has been all these years, why return now? She stops before him once again, We have two children, in case you were curious. They are both grown and off, ones even a dragon like you. Cynder, the wild child of hers, she could have done well with some guidance from her father.

Where have you been? She needed to know, did he find a new mare to bed with? She didn't care if he had others, she knows he does...but if he so easily abandoned her when she needed him most for another...No, she couldn't bare the thought. Instead she gazes to him awaiting a response, she wants so badly for it to be the right answer, to feel his warmth once again.

@[Santana]
    Her ire is hard to bear, even though he knew enough to expect it. There really was no other response in this situation, none that would make sense. The unexpected was her news, that he had two grown children and one of them was like him. And suddenly, he knew his parent's story. They were playing it out all over again, only this time, he was the one to disappear. 

It was like all the air had been pressed from his lungs. He had wanted so badly to be better than his father. To be there for his children, and to help raise them. What he'd learned from Castile had been so helpful, even if it had come late, and little. He and his brother had learned quickly enough that they would not be their sire's priority. Maybe that's why Raul clung so tightly to their mother, and refused to give up on the troubled mare. What other family did they have, but each other? 

But now he knew, he did have other family. Venus. And the children he'd sired on her, then left her to deal with. She wouldn't be left behind again. His throat was tight as he spoke. "I had no idea... I... I'm sorry. My mother is unwell, and Raul wanted us all there to support her. I didn't think... I would have come back sooner, if I had known." There were no words he could say to make his better. He knew that from his own experience on the other end of things. He also knew that there was much work ahead of him if he wanted any sort of relationship with his children. 

A great gust of smoky air blew from his nose, a weary sigh. There was more explaining to do. More layers that needed straightening out. "I am looking for a place to stay. I have a younger sister, it turns out. Sabra was not kind to her, and now I'm looking for a place for her to live in safety. When I find it, I will bring you there as well, if you wish. You and-" he paused, aware that he did not even know their children's names. His teeth sharpened in self-hate, before he continued in a grumble. "You will all be welcome. I know I failed you before, but I won't again. I want to keep my family safe, Venus. I want to know my children better than my father did." His blue and orange eyes glowed with the intensity of his emotions as he promised to her. 

@[Venus]
    Venus

She wants to be mad at him...but when she hears his reason she can't bring herself to remain angered. He looks remorseful....doesn't that mean she should forgive him?

He tells her that his mother is unwell, and she had met the mare before so she knows the possibilities. She doesn't ask for details though, because in all honesty she didn't care about Sabra. When he says he would have came back 'if he had known' her gaze falters to the floor.

What did he think would happen? She was a loyal girl, not the jealous type and still he didn't think that a child would have been the outcome? In her heart she forgives him already, it might be because she had missed him so terribly. It's fine, the words were a mutter and her maw gently strokes his cheek.

A huff of smoke exhales his nares, and she listens as he speaks again. This time noting he was looking for a home...for him and his younger sister. She wants to be angry that he was raising his sister, but there children were grown now and the time to raise has passed. He mentions bringing her, and he intends to say the kids, but he doesnt know there names... Spyro, and Cynder. Her voice holds no judgement as she speaks.

She steps closer to him, his warmth now radiating onto her. I would like to know where you end up, and then I will decide if I will come. Nerine had been her home for so long...but she doesn't know if she can say goodbye again. Cynder is a dragon...just like you, she's a little erratic, and perhaps if her father had been around she could have controlled her traits better. Spyro has the wings, but nothing else. He is a good boy, but she leaves out the part of his jealousy on his lack of dragon traits that his twin holds.

@[Santana]
    Tana nodded slowly, taking in his children's names. Cynder and Spiro. Good names for fiery children. His children. The thought still rings in his mind, his anxiety making scales erupt like a rash across his skin. He's saying the wrong things, it's clear, but... He's still speaking his truth. His reasonsfor leaving had been good at the time, even if they'd worn out their welcome. 

"I'd like to meet them, if you're alright with it." He hoped she would be open to it. He wanted to meet their offspring, even with the very real chance that they would want nothing to do with them. His heart clenched, remembering his own reaction to his father's entry to their lives. It hadn't gone terribly well. But he owed it to his family to try and change the script. 

A sad smile twisted his lips as he listened to her description of the pair. Was this what it was like for Castile hearing about he and Raul for the first time? For certainly, there was more than a passing resemblance between his own pair of goals, and he and his own twin. 

His wings fluttered as they spoke, eyes watching her carefully. She was a kind mare. Too kind, when it came to him. A smoky sigh swung from his chest. "Yes. I'll keep you informed. And, Venus..." He blinked at her softly. "Please, think about this. About us, before you decide. I have long enjoyed your presence in my life, but I cannot devote all of myself to you. I enjoy herd life, being careguard of the mares that make up my family. If this is not for you, then I apologize. But it's what I want." 

His face grew still as the little monologue ended. She would not like this, he knew. But this was a time for honesty, before all else. It was something long past due between them. 

@[Venus]
    Venus

He had missed a lot in his children's lives, well he has missed everything...but still when he ask's to meet them she cannot deny him. The twins would benefit from meeting there father, especially Cynder who seems to always be fitting her inner demon...or in this case her inner dragon. Venus had been raised by loving parents, for the short time she had been with them, the abandonment by Tana was never what she wanted for her children..but yet she still can't pull herself to leave him.

Yes, I think that will be good for them, she admits to her once lover. I will see if they want to meet you, and then perhaps I will bring them to whatever land you settle into. It was up to the twins, if they wanted to meet him, they could, but she wouldn't force them to.

Even through everything he has put them through, she yearns for his touch, she just wants him to embrace her and maybe give them a moment like when they were children. But alas he does not, instead he shifts uncomfortably before admitting to Venus that he was a herd stallion. He wanted her to think about the life he could offer, and it wasn't one that would surround round her.

The pale girl nearly rolls her eyes, her pelt growing warm with irritation. He has been gone for years, and she still accepts him into her life, does he truly think that she sat around waiting for him? Just because she did not take on another lover did not mean that she was hung up on him. Tana,  I have known that loving you would bring me into a herd life, and yet I stuck around. A snort escapes her body, her eyes were aggressive as she finds his, Do you doubt my commitment? I don't need much attention, but if your warning is an attempt to set me free on your own accord then do let me know now. Did she not fit into his herd? It was possible, he had always given her the cold shoulder, only moments of love had been presented to her.

@[Santana]
    His head tipped in acknowledgment of her answer. It was all he could ask, that she present the idea to their twins. He had to prepare for the real possibility that they would want nothing to do with him. And he'd have nothing to stand on if they didn't. A tight smile creased his lips. "I'd appreciate you bringing it up with them." 

The broad sails of his wings dropped from his shoulders, tips trailing into the dry grass at their feet. This wasn't going well, he knew. He wasn't sure how else it could have gone, really, but it was still turning into a painfully difficult conversation. At her defensive response, he had to right himself not to react with similar frustration. 

The struggle to keep it away from his tone was more successful than his ability to keep it from his appearance. The longer they stood here, the less equine his body grew. He snorted a cascade of sparks, trying to marshal his thoughts into some kind of order. There was a pause before he felt he could speak, but when he did it was with an even tone. Living with his mother had gone a long way toward his emotional stability. 

"I did not mean to question your commitment, Venus. But its more than anyone could fairly ask to expect you to still want my company after so much neglect. No one would blame you for moving on with your life in every way. You deserve all that I haven't been around to give you." The somewhat longer than usual length of his tail flicked with anxiety, muscles roping along its length. His nerves were really starting to get to him. 

With a huff of smoky breath, he stared at her with brows knit tightly over his skull. Knowing His actions were inviting her wrath, he took the risk of dropping his head to her shoulder, shaking it with disbelief. "I didn't come here thinking you'd still want me." He admitted, wondering not for the first time what was wrong with him. Here was a beautiful, faithful mare, who had borne his children and stayed true with very little reason. He should count himself fortunate that she was willing to even consider following him. And yet he knew even now that he didn't, couldn't, belong to her alone. 

@[Venus]
    Venus

The 'reunion' between the two was anything but picture perfect, but it was nice to finally be able to discuss the years of abandonment between them. She could have moved on, picked someone else to spend her time with...but her heart didn't want anyone else and so she finds herself still trapped under his spell, a boy she couldn't give up on.

Though the first thing out of his mouth is mentioning his return to the children and she nods her head. It would be up to them to see him, but it is certainly something that she thinks they would benefit from. When she wonders if he doubts her commitment he is quick to pipe in, he notes that he didn't, which was a relief. He continues on to say that he didn't expect her to wait, but she had, and she will continue to wait as long as he needed her to.

He huffs, his gaze finding hers, and he falls silent only after admitting that he didn't think she would still want him. Does he still want her? She wanted his embrace, but it seemed she would have to ensue it, and so the pale more moves to press her body against his. She gently reaches her maw out to nuzzle his shoulder But I do, I am yours, for as long as you need me. The words flow from her mouth, she didn't need him to be around her 24/7 (obviously) but she felt it was important to reassure him on it.

@[Santana]