• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The quiet can ruin you; ANY
    She had waited. She had waited to long to become apart of this world. She had flown the entire expansion of Beqanna's skys the only thing keeping her here was her daughter, whom she hadn't seen in several moons anyways. No matter how long she went with out seeing her though she would not simply abandon her.

The time had come on this cloudless summers day for her to continue searching for a place and a purpose amongst Beqanna. Her broad, grey-dappled, form was carried across the rich, blue sky by a pair of rather large opal feathered wings. Her feathers shifted in their movement filtering the sun's rays in a myriad of broken colors as she angled herself down towards the solid ground of Loess. 

She had heard rumors of Loess and the mischief they had caused across Beqanna. As her hooves touched ground, her long tresses tangled and weaved together by the wind, she glanced around at her surrounding. She was just past the border, knowing she should wait to be greeted. She sighed in pleasure as she stretched her wings their full wingspan before shaking them out and pulling them loosely to her sides.

She could use a little mischief in her life she though as her pale, blue eyes took in the sharp bluffs in the distance and the rocky terrain that was scattered by large cacti mixed with unexpected tropical ferns.she tilted her head in curiosity as a small spring to her right caught her attention, she could do with a drink.

Her heavily feathered legs carried her towards the spring in a casual candace. When she reached the spring and toed the waters edge she dipped her head. Her soft white and grey tendrils fell into the water as she bent to drink.

ack, bleck... she sputtered as the water sprayed and trickled from her lips. Yanking her head up her mane slapped and stuck haphazardly to her broad neck. This spring was not the libations she was expecting. Where all the watering holes salty like the sea here? Her brow crinkled as she backed away slowly.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Oftentimes, Castile watches newcomers from afar. Like a predator – like the monster he truly is – he stalks what would be his prey as they traverse the wild Loessian landscape, oblivious to his following eyes. They often wander aimlessly or investigate a lone cactus, but this one draws toward one of the springs. In the shade of overhanging boulders, Castile lifts an eyebrow as the girl lowers her head to take a drink, only to retract with distaste painted across her face. Slow, meticulous steps steer her away from the water source, and it is then that Castile steps forward as a low, gravelly chuckle rumbles from his throat.

”There are better places for a drink of water,” the baritone of his voice is commanding, but amiable as the sunlight dances across his skin in the final few feet until he is in front of her. An amused, boyish grin tips the edges of his mouth. ”I could’ve told you that if you didn’t waltz in like you already live here,” and while there’s a sharpened edge to his words, he still remains overall kind to her while drinking in her unfamiliar scent. There are notes of Taiga mingled in her mane, but he doesn’t mention it. Lepis has already made it a priority to make a diplomatic visit, so there must be another purpose here.

Turning his body, he gives a quiet indication of the direction of cooler, sweeter water to sate her thirst. ”The name’s Castile,” he introduces himself casually, never having been one for terse formalities, ”and who are you, and what brings you to Loess?” The latter is what piques his interest the most at this point in time. While Loess has many friends, it also has its share of enemies sprouting from every corner. An ear swivels as he reminds himself of Taiga’s scent lingering on the edges of her skin, tempting him to ask, but instead he resigns with a simple, ”Where are you from?”

castile

@[Nimue Isolde]
    She licked her lips in distaste trying to rid her mouth of the salty water she nearly ingested as a harsh chuckle caught her attention. Her light blue eyes locked on the tabiano pegasus as he closed the distance between them and his voice rang out as if to command all mixed with an amusement she hadn't expected. She mirrored his boyish grin with a sultry one of her own a musical laugh following in suite as she turned at his direction to better drinking grounds. I'm not usually one to ask for what I want. As you can see it often bites me in the ass, you'd think I'd learn my lesson by now. her voice comes out in a lyrical tone, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

She follows the stallion in a majestic, fluid motion despite her broad size. Her curves held all the femininity of a youthful mare. She watches him beneath thick lashes as he talks, he did not seem to be one for simple pleasantries and that was fine by her. She had never been one to conform to the harshness of the world, but she would listen and answer his questions. It was a home that she was seeking after all, and something told her this was the man to talk to.

My name is Nimue Isolde, but you may call me Nimue. The beauty of your land is what brought me above it, but the stories are what pulled me to it's ground. I am from nowhere, but I have been everywhere. I am simply looking for a place that will hold my attention long enough to call it home. she ends her answers with a soft, velvety grin.

It was all true. She had spent most of her days in Beqanna shifting through it's skies but had once upon a time found herself grounded with the lonely shadow king for a brief period. After, she had spent a good many months among the meadow with their daughter. As of late she had found herself coupled with a man that reigned from Taiga, but none of these moments had pushed her to stay in one place long. Maybe this place would be different?

Am I right to assume, Castile, that you are in charge of this particular piece of beauty? she asked briefly turning her dappled face to look at the man that lead her to clearer waters.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Castile]

Where Castile is brusque, she is sultry.

The smile that paints itself across her face easily lures him and intrigues him once she has dispelled the salt water from her lips. Her humor adds light to the beginnings of their conversation, and he returns the jest warmly. ”Making mistakes leads to wisdom,” he drawls while reflecting on so many of his own throughout life. Enemies crawled from the shadows during those tumultuous years of his life and there were so many things he left broken in his wake. With rain, however, there is always a rainbow.

His gaze casts far across Loess’ rocky hills and jagged peaks as they abandon the salty spring and traverse climbing trails and precarious ledges until they’ve reached a waterfall and small pool tucked away within the rocks. The roaring nearly muffles all nearby sound, but Castile pauses near the narrow entrance, far enough away that he does not have to shout. A smug grin betrays the amusement blossoming in his chest. ”Loess has a way of always staying interesting,” the kingdom has held a reputation the past few years, one in which keeps others piqued and wary. They are a fierce group with a web of influence extending across much of Beqanna. It’s better to be with Loess than against it nowadays.

”We can certainly house you,” he offers with a nonchalant shrug. Space and opportunity is never short here. A tilt of his head indicates his interest but also his agreement to her question. ”Yes. I am its King,” somehow, even after all this time, it’s still strange to link the title to his name no matter how comfortably the crown sits on his brow. He quickly returns to her purpose, however, and sweeps his tail thoughtlessly across his hocks. ”There is a lot that Loess can do for you, but the question is, what can you do for her?” His metallic eyes flash across her before slowly drifting toward the nearby waterfall, tempted himself to slide into its shallow depths. A fresh drink of water is when her life may begin here, if she finds herself amiable to a purpose. ”There’s always room for diplomats or soldiers,” his voice lifts and trails off, offering her the two obvious options but leaving space for her to confide in him her greatest ambitions.

castile

@[Nimue Isolde]
    There was once a man from where she came. He had been cloaked in a dark, alluring coat of his own. He had been cold, and calculated, but also fine and tempting in all his chiseled features. Castile reminded Nimue of him. She had fallen for him, taken in by his knowledge and secrecy, until he had used her for all that he had needed and when she had lost their child he had disposed of her. What good was she, no matter how many tasks he had asked of her, if she could not carry on her lineage.

Since that day she had, in all her aching to find someone to love her the way she deserved, vowed to never let herself sink beneath a man. She nodded as he confirmed his reign here in Loess, her long silvered forelock dripping between her icey blue eyes. The sound of rushing but gentle waters tickled her ears, drawing her attention at the sound of its melodic music as they came to a stop just short of the falls. She let the king finish before batting her sultry eyes in his direction. I have never been one for diplomacy, or for fighting. My expertise lies elsewhere, she said in a tone of secrecy. She moved fluidly, closer to the falls, the same autumn sunlight that danced across the mirrored surface collided and slipped from her opal colored wings that hung loosely at her sides.

From the land I came I stood beneath a man of great power. she said as she stared into the blues beneath her, reflecting the blues above her. I did many things for him, and yet I belonged nowhere. You see, one could not deceive those they made ties with so easily if there was evidence you belong to their enemies. Even now, thinking back on all she had done to gain this man more power, she found herself surprised that he had set her free instead of crushing her beneath his hooves for all that she knew. Yet that life of espionage that she lived still exhilarated her to the core. It did not matter now though, he would not find her here, and would one so powerful like Castile really need someone like her?

She cocked a voluptuous hip into a comfortable position and turned her blue stare towards the king himself. If I can not fulfill the duties of a diplomat or a warrior, would you resend your offer to house me? she asked a sparkle of mischief and curiosity clouded her sky eyes.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Castile]

Not a warrior, not a diplomat. Yet she steers toward something still, silkily adds that her expertise lies elsewhere, but she does not elaborate. It’s enough to flake away the rust off the gears, to get his mind stirring with thoughts. It had been easy to find work for the others when Beqanna drowned in mayhem, but the world has since quieted. Castile remains at the ready, poised to jump into action even as silence reverberates.

Peace, he knows, never lasts for long.

Yet even as he gropes for an answer, for a purpose, she continues to guide him with a sultry voice and ambitious eyes. His head inclines, fascinated by her and the boldness that weaves itself into her voice. A question tickles his lips, wanting – craving – to know more of what she did for her last king, but she offers a vague continuation that spurs a blade of mistrust into his heart. She is a woman of nowhere, yet everywhere. There is a purpose in every visit she makes, every step that steers her. A low hum coils from his nostrils in black, smoky tendrils. ”How do I know then that you aren’t already belonging to an enemy?” There are few among them nowadays. Much of Beqanna has been united through friendship and trust, but there still remains outsiders. There will always be enemies of the crown. And so, he cannot help to wonder, is she a poisonous apple laid at his feet? A trap of temptation?

Even in his wisdom, Castile is still a foolish man with silly impulsions.

”No,” he finally states, his answer clipped and curt as his gaze searches her. ”There is surely something you can do here – some role that can be filled outside of the traditional ranks.”A specific title escapes him, but that can always be fixed with further contemplation. As Loess brims with life and passion, as it lies in wait for action, there can surely be a place for her. ”You will stay,” he remarks, his voice cool as the rising dawn, ”and maybe you will show me what suits you.” She will be his answer, her future hanging on a hook as bait.

castile

@[Nimue Isolde]
    Her eyes drift slowly from the deep blues of the small water hole to meet Castile’s. He was dangerous, this is what she felt in her gut, if she missteps or falls into his chaos she might not come back out like last time. A ghostly melody drifted on the breeze that kissed her cheek and she inhaled slowly, sensually, before focusing on this life altering conversation. That is the question, isn’t it. Whether I am here for you or someone else, enemy, friend? There is really only one person I allow myself to be one hundred percent honest with, and that is myself. she bats her thick lashes at him as she makes this a point to be listened to before turning away her silver mane catching on that same breeze that kissed her ever so lightly. She opened her wings slightly, the sunlight reflecting on the paper thin opal feathers that shifted softly creating an array of glorious colors. She lifted her head towards the open sky closing her eyes briefly. I can say with confidence that I am here for myself and no one else.

She pulls her wings back to her side, she had a feeling in her heart that she would be able to escape to this particular sky at any given time. She watched Castile, with calculating eyes as he returned the favor in equal wariness before making his final decision. A decision that delighted her more than she had anticipated. The corner of her mouth cocked up in a playful, sultry grin Splendid. Beqanna is genuinely a very unique place. she breathed in a wispy voice of gratitude. I can tell you this for certain, the fresh water here suits me much better than the salty basins. she gave a light hearted chuckle as she pressed her hooves one after the other into the cool blue water, the rest of her body following shortly after.   
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Castile]

A coy grin splits apart his lips, a plume of blackened smoke coiling from his nostrils as she confirms an interesting philosophy. His head tilts, brushing his metallic forelock away from his eyes as they level on her own. ”That seems lonely,” he comments heavily, but with the tribulations he has faced so far in life, it’s a plausible concept. It weighs on his mind for a moment, lingering at the edge of his thoughts before blinking and shuffling it aside. ”So, I should still be quite wary of you,” mischief gleams in his eyes and sweeps across his face. ”I do warn you, though. I am not someone to cross. I don’t have the greatest temper when I’m betrayed,” but it’s so much more than that. It isn’t just a stab of a knife, or venomous words. There is power far greater within him that can bring her pain and suffering. He would make her regret everything.

She would regret meeting him.

That is often a fault of his, however. So willing is Castile to throw his trust into others, to embrace them all even when it has bitten him time and time again. There are periods of mistrust, but so many more in which he opens himself only to be gored by his mistakes.

But she reassures that she is here on her own accord, and so he falls into his habitual pit and leans into this blooming friendship with bright eyes. ”Once you’ve had your fill of the fresh water,” he jests in lighthearted humor as he inches closer, drawn to her confidence and purring voice, ”perhaps we can visit one of the lands together. I do believe there is trouble brewing and I refuse to allow Loess to face it unprepared or alone.” A brow lifts because although she deems herself not a diplomat nor a warrior, this will at least provide an opportunity to learn and familiarize each other as the storm cloud looms nearer. 

castile

@[Nimue Isolde]

Brought things up to speed a bit with the drama happening