• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Man Of Many Forms |Nodens|

Long May She Reign

She had grown comfortable in the resort, it wasn't Sylva, but it was home. With Divest getting older she took the opportunity to safely tuck the foal into a safe place while she takes the chance to explore the island.

One of the things that the Resort has that Sylva didn't was a beach and so she finds herself drawn to the water. The last time she had been around it before the resort was Ischia when she had met Ivar. On occasion the blue and white stag runs through her mind, she wonders where he is now and what he is doing.

The grey mare gazes off into the water, the thoughts of her past glance before her. Though her thoughts vanish as she catches the glimpse of an disturbance in the water. She tilts her head slightly, the rest of the water was calm and so she assumes it to be an equine of sorts, the sea animals tend to stay further out in the water. I can see your wave intruder, she yells out to the water, though she'd probably look really dumb if it infact was nothing.

MARY

@[Nodens] a bad starter for you

i found the antidote. i let the anger go and mother nature found it's place.
    now we're compatible, my inner animal, i wanted blood and got a taste.

His every breath is weighted and heavy, born from lungs that ache and from a throat parched and bitten by the fall air; but he does not relent nor cease to be and instead he exists in spite of the dull throbbing in his knees and the shadows of the mind that whisper bitter and sour songs of anger and upset: of pain. No matter, Nodens as he knows himself, carries on and walks with little issue or mind to the world- not even as the razorsharp chill slides down and into his lungs: his dull gaze trailing over the world and around each corner and shade with caution and curiosity: a profound wonder in his thoughts.

Everything, and nothing… this was his life.

Such as it was he found little pleasure in the reflection of his form and grunted at the smoke-touched grey color patched with white… growled under his breath at the dull and lightless eyes. He’d have torn the flesh from bone had he the strength but nature and magic have touched his blood and given him a gift- this is why he stands with hooves sliding into the water from the shore and why his skin ripples suddenly as scales begin to stretch and grow across his limbs… fins in place of hair on the back of his ankles and knees and even where his mane and tail should have been.

Brilliantly colored with a strangely shimmering base that seemed white or pink, perhaps touched by greens and blues as if his very scales and skin were mother of pearl, he glistened beneath the sea and the sun and when he sank deeper within the salty waters he gained gills and strange spikes: a clear lid over the sharp blue eyes. To his credit he swam and moved, fins full form as he kicked them in a powerful thrust and compelled himself through and around the warm waters.

Golden highlights formed patterns on the edges of the gills and Nodens surely enough, popped his head up eventually above the water; but the sun shone so brightly and the dry air stung him… thus he sank beneath the sea once more. Endless forests of kelp and seagrasses swayed with the current, and coral and fish danced idly throughout the shallows. Moving life and scattered remains painted the beautiful world he swam through, and his shark teeth gnashed several times before slowly he became acclimated to the push and pull- the ebb and flow.

Yet? One never stays beneath the sea for too long, it is terribly lonely, and at the sight of a shadow on the shore he kicks up to investigate: his head slowly rising as he surveys the sandy line and notes the woman from before- her hooves and oddities… each notion and movement; but more so he seems keen to note how she yells at the seals thinking they are something more. Playfully he slithers ashore with a slow swim and an inevitable crawl to shore- the tail becoming legs and his more aquatic features remaining, sans the gills as well.

Speaking in her direction he calls out to @[Mary] with a lilt in his voice, a touch of accent and strange sounds akin to a deep baritone laced with Parisian smoke.  “Yelling at ripples? That’s how you attract the attention of the curious fish beneath them.”  he paused, tilting his head and aware of the shark-like serrated teeth beneath his lips.  “Or, rather, persons also beneath them- enjoying the sun by yourself?”

Nodens

PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

Long May She Reign

She gazes out at the water, was she insane? Very possible, yet she stares at the water still awaiting a response to her call. She knows she saw something, the sea creature can play whatever game they wish, but she is very patient.

Her gaze is still settled on the water but a voice echoes through her ears and her head turns to the left. The roaned tobiano she had met once before, though having just given birth she was much more on edge then rather now.

He had caught her talking to nothing, or at least nothing responded. Her body grew warm with embarassment, and the emotion itself was new to her and she finds herself at a lack of a smart response. Yes well, making sure there's not intrusions. Sorta, at least thats the best response she could think up.

And yes, the water is calming to some extent. And what have you been up to? She cocks and eye as she takes note of the stags soaked pelt. A man of secrets, shifting of some sort she assumes. For a moment she ponders the possibilities, they are quiet endless in beqanna.

She dares to near the stag, more fearless than she should be. She pauses a couple paces away from him, her eyes scan the tall stag. He was young in age, and his body was well built, she was so used to the hound of Sinner that she finds an odd comfort of Nodens being in an equine form.

MARY

@[Nodens]

i found the antidote. i let the anger go and mother nature found it's place.
    now we're compatible, my inner animal, i wanted blood and got a taste.

“I apologize if it was an intrusion then,”  he comments rather quickly: the fins and wild Kelpie imitation stable for now and his ears twitched. The ruby hooves, much to their credit, were hard to ignore and he noticed immediately the vivacy they retained with refractions of light drifting and dancing through the facets within. Entranced for the most momentary of second he shook his head and simply met her gaze with a note of the dark color and the shade of earthy toned brown he finds.  “@[Mary]. After all, I would hardly desire to sneak up on you and the little one were she around or playing close by. Mothers are almost always dreadfully protective… and I’d prefer to not have your ire.”

Though it’s polite and formal enough, his voice whispers a bit towards the end: almost as if attempting to incur a playfulness in the sentiment or some kind of joking implication. No matter though she does move closer and as such he finds himself idly closing what distance she allowed, his hooves accustomed to the sand and it’s lack of solidity but more so to the grains of sand coating his fins and their edges. Taking an objective thought on the weather and the sun around them, he felt the droplets sliding across the scales and skin… the sand beneath his patched with dark places where the water stained the earth.

In the same vein he continues on, a warm smile, a slow attempt to offer her a nose in greeting albeit mindful of the sharp, serrated teeth behind his lips.  “Chasing fish, swimming, rediscovering the coral and the dark waters beyond- the pressurized abyssal depths where the leviathans slumber. Though, now, I believe I will be combing the shore for a time if you allow me to stay in your company.”  his confidence is a boyish thing, playful and complementary, and Nodens does not hide the questioning body language or the way his eyes rove for the moment...as if searching for answers in her expression.

“If, of course, you don’t mind the chaotic mannerisms I sometimes bring,”  he paused, noting the teeth marks on her skin… appraising them with familiar curiosity.  “I’ve spent far longer in the sea than here and I am so curious about the world here.”  he has to stop himself, for a momentary though appears in his mind: ‘about you’.

Nodens

PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

Long May She Reign

He gives an apology, an intrusion, but he was anything but. Mary was a social equine, she thrived on the company of others. Slowly she succumbed to a life of silence in the Resort, and she finds herself eager for the company of others.

You could hardly be an intrusion, she smiles, as the words leave her mouth. When his gaze finds hers she finds a familiar feeling growing inside. She listens as he speaks again, this time mentioning a mother and her rage, how he didn't want to be on her bad side.

The pale mare smiles, moving closer to the younger stag. Divest was tucked away in safety, growing older every day and therefor independent, finding herself with more time to herself. She moves closer to Nodens, her pelt melting into one similar to his own, the grullo roan a red instead. I'd also prefer you to be on my good side, she whispers as her pelt brushes against his.

His nose extends to her, as he responds to her question. He had been living a life in the water, though notes he'd like to stay on the shore more, if she would have him. A smile tugs at her maw, she extends her own to his gently playing with the whiskers that extend off his muzzle. I'd like it if you would, and she truly would enjoy the company on the quiet island.

He extends deepens the conversation, finishing off by saying he'd like to know more about her. In all honesty she wanted to know more about him too, she wanted someone to keep her warm at night and to occupy her thoughts when she finds herself alone. I think I'd like that, her muzzle trails from his cheek to his shoulder. She was invested in him now, her own curiosity begging to learn more about him.

MARY

@[Nodens]