• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm heaven sent
    Here is where his scent led him.

Beqanna.

The only mark of the fire Litotes thinks killed him is a blackened and hairless scar that runs from the beginning of his neck down to his front left hoof. Fyre wears it like a badge of honor - a giant “fuck you” to the universe that wants him to die. The blood bay chuckles to himself, mismatched eyes hungrily searching for any sign of his son. Of course, he is not foolish enough to think it will be that easy, but he does expect a boy as meek as Litotes to cower somewhere his scent might lead.

Amongst these flowers he sticks out like a sore thumb: Fyre’s aged and sculpted build far too dark and harsh against summertime’s prized plants. He snorts, arrogant smirk handsome on his maw.

Litotes is here, somewhere - Fyre knows it. His scent is far too strong, and he has something he calls “fatherly senses” (something others may call “controlling” or “scary”).

Eventually, he grows tired of standing amongst such pretty scenery alone: “Is there a fucking welcoming committee or something?”

recycled starter. open to anyone!!!
    Well, there were horses that Aten would often approach before they had a chance to say anything, but this newcomer definitely had other ideas. The golden stallion had decided to take a trip out to the Meadow for some time to think as well as be on the lookout for potential recruits to Taiga's kingdom to try and help it's population grow. A number of the mares who had given birth in the spring were off in their herds or a kingdom again, while the small number still mingling and waiting for a stallion or perhaps another mare to come by had their three-moon old foals by their side.

Aten often became a target of harsh words back in the spring when some of the foals decided to play and run far enough from their dams that if they got too close to Aten, things could potentially get ugly. He'd learn to avoid those situations, even when the foals wanted to come and say hello to him. He'd already been on the sour end of a mare's attitude one spring prior; he was not taking that risk again.

The golden stallion was calmly walking across the Meadow grass when he heard another voice call out an... interesting comment. Turning his head, the stallion was easily able to spot the other's bright bay coat against the summery green backdrop of the tall grass. Amused by the other's inquiry, Aten decided to add some entertainment to his own day.

When he got close enough to the bay stallion, Aten offered, "Perhaps, but we're usually off attending to others who don't make such an entrance," he lightly joked. "Though in cases like yours, it was too good to miss. You do not seem to smell of any of the nearby kingdoms," he stated with his tone dropping, "But you seem to know your way around. Are you a Beqanna native?"

@[phaetra]
    What is it, exactly, that sends Fyre into hunt-mode? Why does he feel he needs to find the home of his son? Plenty of time has passed since the burning of their home and - well, he has maintained a quiet enough life between now and then. Quiet for Fyre means the occasional fight and tomfoolery and far too many women, but still . . . quiet all the same.

He was not planning to do something (maybe a terrible something?) to Litotes, after all.

Now, a dark blip amongst the flowers of the meadow, he does not ponder why is the way that he is; in fact, he hardly ever thought of that, except for within a few years of teenage angst. Knowing what little he knows of himself, he is aware he will not self-reflect. An irony is there, one that exists between the similarities he has with his granddaughter. Both being creatures of flight, neither of them take the time to study themselves. At least Brunhilde has a chance to improve. Fyre is twenty years in and still blasting AC/DC while flying down the highway in a convertible Mustang that will make one cringe (maybe he even has a PBR in hand).

Fyre is not in a serious mood, as one can tell by the jokes (har har).

A golden stallion approaches at the same time a searing headache twists in the blood bay’s head. He winces then takes a startled step back as an image of a bird flapping somehow lovingly (?) against a clear blue sky flashes across his mind. The hell? I don’t like birds enough to fuckin’ stare at them like that? By “like that” he means in awe, and it has been at least nineteen and a half years since the stallion has felt something as innocent or fearful as awe.

More images come, and Fyre begins to panic because he feels as if his mind is being replaced with another’s.

“Listen,” he starts while shaking his head. “Forget the fucking welcoming committee. Is this air toxic to everyone that was not born here? I can’t stop seeing these things, and maybe I’m fuckin’ or dyin’ or hallucinatin’ or somethin’. For some reason I think I talk to a fuckin’ bird, and I’m pissed at some guy named Wolfbane.”

@[Aten] so i gave fyre memory manipulation for my birthday trait. he can see other's memories and change them. he's not changing any of aten's unless you want him to do something funny or do it on accident :) he can just see aten's life
    Aten tilted his head curiously when the blood bay stallion's face contorted in discomfort, causing the latter to take a step back. The golden stallion didn't understand what was upsetting the blood bay at first, only that it appeared to be causing him some form of pain. He waited patiently to see if this episode, whatever it was, would pass, but it didn't seem like it would.

The air was silent as time went on, and the blood bay stallion's mental state seemed to be worsening. He was close to a near panic when he finally spoke, and Aten didn't quite understand what he was referring to when the blood bay stallion asked about the air, mentioned a bird, and said he was pissed at Wolfbane as well.

Aten would've almost been happy to hear that, but something didn't sit right. The blood bay stallion seemed... unsure, was what he thought of, when he described his emotions about Wolfbane, almost as if they weren't his real feelings. But that was impossible, or at the very least, extremely confusing. How could the blood bay stallion name such clear emotions and yet sound so unsure when describing them?

Aten ignored the other stallion's crassness and replied in a calm voice, "So far as I know, the air is not dangerous to those not native to Beqanna. As for the matter about Wolfbane... well, perhaps you encountered him at some point, and memories of a situation that might've gone badly between you two are resurfacing?"

@[fyre] That's a cool ability. Aten hasn't encountered one like this before, so he's not sure what to make of Fyre's ability yet. He'll just try to keep Fyre calm for the time being. And I would prefer non-altered memories, but perhaps to help Aten figure it out, maybe Fyre happens to glimpse an embarrassing moment of his earlier life and mentions it? And Aten will start putting the pieces together.

You could bring up how Aten fell in a pond when he was younger and came out covered in seaweed, sand, and a couple of shells tangled in his mane, when he was trying to impress his filly friend at the time.