• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i love the way that she breathes; liese
    In all his aimless wanderings, he has never seen the ocean or experienced hot sand beneath his hooves. He normally prefers to respect the borders of the territories and the kingdoms, but today he has grown too curious. The smell of salt-water finds him as he glides on warm air currents in search of something to occupy his time. He turns his black and gold head curiously, his small ears perking at the new scent somewhat excitedly. Malone dips left and tucks his wings halfway to begin a slow descent closer to the pale sand with an eager smile across his handsome face. He is surprised, however, when his hooves sink into the sand rather than offering him a firmer landing.

The star boy tilts his head like some intrigued bird and gently paws at the substance, exploring it for a moment before slowly moving on. He quickly learns to lift his knees a little higher than normal but he is again stopped as he nears the water lapping up onto the shore. The smell of brine and seaweed is strongest here but he is hesitant to move closer. The sand feels more compact here and each step kicks up little chunks of it rather than a fine powder. Malone snorts softly. Perhaps he did not like this new adventure after all.

But the sun is offers no mercy and the palm trees – ugly, clumsy looking things – offer little shade at high noon. The water beckons him closer until he supposes he ought to at least try it so no one can call him a coward. Malone baby-steps closer to the tide, edging closer until he finally dips a single hoof into the retreating wave. The cold water laps over his fetlocks and he is quick to pull his hindleg back against his body at the sensation. It doesn’t feel any different from the river water but then why is the smell so strange?

His eyes – little explosions of blue within their black sclera – narrow as he edges further into the waters. The little waves rush up to greet him and cool his legs as he gains the confidence to wade deeper at least. The star boy lowers his head to drink, only to discover the taste is quite possibly the worst thing he’s ever experienced. He lifts his regal face with a jerk, sputtering and spitting in disgust as he curses under his breath.

His relationship with the ocean will be love-hate, at best, it seems.
    malone
    @[Liese]
    there's a storm ragin' deep in my soul
    there's a howlin' wind that I just can't control
    This isn’t home – oops.

She really had intended to swim from their little island to mainland Ischia, but she’d set off away from Papa and her twin and apparently begun swimming in the wrong direction. Father would have intercepted her, she is sure, except that he was away, off to take care of something else while Nihlus and the twins slept (he thought) quite soundly on their tiny little outlying island.

The dark-coated filly lifts her head and peers through the rain at the unfamiliar trees. Ischia’s trees are leafier, somehow, more spreading greenery to offer dense jungle of shade. Here the leaves throw broader, shallower pools of shade on the white sand. She doesn’t bother to try and shake herself dry – what would be the point? – but begins to meander curiously up the beach, bringing her raincloud with her. It’s stormy today, perhaps influenced by the sea-swim, and a trail of wet sand marks her path.

Liese lifts her head to look around again and catches sight of the other child up the beach – excited (she’s never met someone who wasn’t her sibling before!) she starts trotting, nickering a greeting. “Hello! Hi!” she draws closer just in time to see him take a drink and make a face, and then she can’t help but giggle aloud, stopping far enough away that she won’t get him rained on also. “You’re not supposed to drink it. It’s salt water.” A quick grin, bright eyes still smiling. “I’m Liese!”
    Liese
    there's a fire inside me I can't explain
    every time you touch me my love falls like rain
    ▵ Devin's Designs '19