• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Fear Controls You |Aodhan|
    Vita

Though her heart is content living in Ischia she was a traveler, and she had more of Beqanna to see for herself. She made the long journey off the island of Ischia, but she doesn't stop when she reaches land, she continues for what feels like days.

She finally reaches a place that seemed interesting enough to further investigate. It was deep into spring and this specific part of land was covered in flowers that was one of the most amazing sights she has yet to see. 

She blows passed the border (mainly because she doesn't know), and finds herself deep in the Pampas. It was quiet here and she wonders if others lived here, if this was a nomad land or someones home. But still she doesn't call out, instead she continues to move. Her Ischia scent surely filled the kingdom at this point, but obvlious to it she stops in the field of flowers, her nares lowered to one as she memorizes its sweet scent.

Fear Controls You

@[Aodhan] a super quick starter for you <3

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    For all that he spent time in the Pampas, when it came to greeting new people - whatever happened next in terms of leading or being kicked out by Noah and Castile - Aodhán knows that being friendly to visitors is the most important thing,and getting to know them is the best estimate to see if they’re a threat or an addition to these lands.

The yearling girl walks in with a friendly demeanor and a confidence only found in… well, yearlings actually. He smiles, his bird’s eye view today following her, curious if someone who doesn’t call out will be approached, but it looks like she is left alone. Well, that’s not polite in his opinion. Perhaps he is really very different from the others who live here, but the teal and white figure below might actually want to meet someone.

The hawk changes into a falcon for a good dive somewhere not too near and not too far from her, but once low enough transitions into a winged horse like her, white wings adorned with a golden rim similar to his spots, and shakes his body before approaching her in a casual trot. ”Good morning, young lady.” he bids her - he’s young enough to remember that calling her a girl would bring instant it’s-on-of-those-adults aversions, and his green eyed gaze waits for her to notice and then respond.

@[Vita] and a quick reply xD
    Vita

The field of flowers was amazing, much different from the flowers in her home yet quite similar. The scent was similarly sweet, but had its own acquired smell as well. She didn't put too much thought into it.

Her head lifts when she has had her fill of smells and notices a hawk flying above, as he grows closer it seemed it almost changed into another bird....but that couldn't be...could it?

She watches closer as it nears her, this time it dives down and before her own eyes it shifts into a white and gold equine! She nearly screams with excitement, the girl herself can shift into a crow, but she had yet to meet another bird shifter aside from her father.

Excellent! She exclaims as she matches his nearing pace. He gives a greeting to her and he seemed very regal in his words which made her wonder if this was his land. Hopefully he wouldn't mind her visit, Hi! Im Vita, she freely offers her name. sorry for intruding, unannounced is what she really means, but hopefully he won't mention it.

Fear Controls You

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    The white and gold pegasus lifts his brow just a little, as the young female calls out ‘excellent’ first, before approaching. Wondering what makes her say that, he nears until a respectful talking distance, and tilts his head slightly though he doesn’t ask, shaking the subject. He’ll probably find out soon enough.

”I’m Aodhán,” he tells her. She has the kind of open personality that he has himself, he finds, and he smiles at her when she offers apologies. ”No need to be sorry. I’m kind of an intruder myself.” he tells her with a tone that implies they’re conspiring together, referring to the way he had entered the Pampas last season in a playful way. Still, he doesn’t really care to drag out that whole story and all it’s details, so he changes the subject slightly. ”So what brings you here, Intruder number Two? What makes the Pampas different from another land to you?” he wonders. He wants to know what draws her here, what could be the attraction for others. Surely that way, he would be able to bring more horses here; if he could find out what each different personality liked about the place, he would be able to recruit more perhaps.

Though, honestly, that is a long-term plan. For now he just enjoys her bubbly sight. And perhaps her teal colouring reminds him of a certain pretty mare and an even prettier daughter, though he wouldn’t tell on them. Not now, when nothing is certain yet.

@[Vita]
    Vita

He settles before her, his body displays no threat to her. He quickly introduces himself to her, Aodhan, and she says it a few times in her head to engrave it. That's a nice name! , she quickly says in response. She had never heard a name quite like his, she wonders the roots.

He smiles at her and admits he was once...or still is an intruder, she can't help but gently laugh. The idea of the two of them being intruders on a foreign land, did no one else live here? Oh well that's a rather interesting turn of events, she admits with a giggle, she didn't expect to be approached by someone with a similar story as her own. Then again she wasn't planning on staying, she already had a home to call her own.

He inquires about what brings her out here, notifying her that she was in fact in the Pampas. She smiles as her head scans the open floral field once more before settling on the gold boy. Well, I was flying, she says without deciphering what form she was in and this beautiful field pulled me in. The bright colors are able to be seen with ease from above.

I live in Ischia, she admits a claim to her home, though the salty scent probably gave it away. I guess I don't follow boundaries as seriously as some others. She shrugs her shoulders ever so slightly, she wouldn't be keen on an intruder in Ischia, but she also wouldn't bring harm to them. Perhaps her mindset is a defect, and in the end could result in injuries to her, but only time could tell with that. And why do you live here? She asks out of curiosity, her gaze catching his.

Fear Controls You

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    The spotted hybrid male is quite intrigued with the teenager, and honestly every compliment makes him feel like a gloating idiot - nevertheless he knows the age difference, steering clear from any remarks that would indicate more than just a budding friendship just in case. The topic of names is an easy one, and he nods honestly at her brief assessment of his. ”So is yours - it fits you very well.” After all, in his opinion she represents what life is, or should be - that base opinion is why he’d challenged Noah in the first place. But that battle was soon to be fought out, and had no definite ending yet as to who would lead - even if he won, he doubted that Castile would ever come to like him.

He gives a low chuckle at her remark. Interesting turn of events, indeed that is true. However, he doesn’t want to dwell on that topic - it is potentially a politically heavy subject, and he doesn’t want to say anything lest Noah or Castile hears it now - honestly, with the way he’s been welcomed, he is no longer sure if he wants to stay should Noah win, and he’d rather not talk to either of them about the subject before the fight was settled.

He grins a bit at her simple explanation - from above the field was quite tempting to investigate, indeed. Perhaps, he wondered, those who are winged would fit into this place best; a wide open space was what Pteron had mentioned last autumn. Perhaps his friend should move here if he ever wanted to move out of his parents’ sight. (Little did Aodhán know this was Pteron’s first home.)

Aodhán focuses back on the young lady before him when she mentions Ischia. ”Oh? I’ve paid that island a visit myself last year. It was a brief visit, but very pleasant.” Not in the least because of the nereid, though he is just about wise enough not to mention her - the fact was that he hadn’t visited her since, and it could be she held a grudge of sorts by now.

The baroque male’s emerald orbs land on the teal-and-white girl with an amused spark to them when she mentions boundaries. ”I think boundaries are more of a suggestion, as long as you mean no harm,” he tells her - after all, in his experience, as long as she wasn’t going to cause trouble, nothing should stop anyone from visiting other lands.

”Well, I needed a space to call home that is in no way involved in politics. This is the only herdland in Beqanna, and a beautiful place at that. I couldn’t think of any place else that would suit me better.” he tells her. If things went well, he’d be able to recruit without having to worry that his recruit or himself would be… too loud. But honestly those dreams had been given quite a shake, and for now, he feels like all he can do is lie in wait for the future to pass.

@[Vita] hmm, he has some crappy (filler) thoughts that you probably can’t use at all, sorry. I hope the dialogue is enough
    Vita

Vita was young and naive, she could easily be pulled into an admiration for the young boy. But with it she could also find her heart to be quickly broken, and though she isn't looking for any sort of relationship aside from a friendship the mind of the young girl could quickly shift.

He matches her compliment and a small giggle escapes her maw, she thought her name was quiet bland in comparrison, but still accepted it.

As she mentions her home he notes that he has also been to Ischia and her eyes beam with delight. Well if you ever find yourself there again, or wanting to see more of it you can always come find me! Again, her intentions are innocent but could be easily misinterpreted. The girl was glad to make friends, and any company on the island that could be lonely is welcomed.

Having wings, and even being able to shift into a bird, has made dropping into kingdoms far too easy. One day she may not be welcomed so warmly, but she is pleased to hear his agreement on her explanation of boundaries. She was too young to know of the more hostile beqanna, missing the war in her own kingdom, but now it was resting in a rather peaceful time.

She inquires about his reasoning for choosing the Pampas, and she listens intently when he explains. He notes not wanting to be involved in politics, and being older he was probably aware of the war that had taken place in beqanna and perhaps that was what he was avoiding.  She gives a small nod and smile, That makes sense, Ischia has a similar view. Is this the best spot in the Pampas? Or does it get better? The girl was curious, always looking for the hidden spots in territories.

Fear Controls You

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    The spotted baroque give the teal-white mare a happy nod. ”Of course. Ischia is one of my favourite places. It’s a very warm and welcoming place, and I haven’t seen all of it by far.” He hadn’t even explored the jungle yet; anything could be hidden in there, and so he’s sure he should go back there again - even if it’s just to see if Eva hadn’t been a fidget of his imagination.

Vita states Ischia has a similar view on the world and on wars; but it’s still a territory, he knows, and like the Taiga had been taken over because the new leaders wanted to get it involved, the spotted stallion fears that as long as any land is a Territory, this is a risk. Thus, the Pampas, being a herd that could never rebel against its Kingdom, seemed the safest bet. If Noah and he could fit together here, at least.

That does seem like the kind of topic the young lady in front of him doesn’t bother herself with though. So he latches onto the latter question easily, giving a nod and shaking his pegasus wings. ”The best spot, I think is further south. There’s a hill that overlooks the creek very well; and I think the clear water looks good any time of day, but we may catch the golden hour if you want to go now?”

-If you open up the map of the Pampas here on the forum; the point where the creek has the sharpest bend Smile
    @[Vita]
    Vita

He agrees to find her should he visit Ischia again, a small smile tugging at her lips. She had filled the void of parental love in her life by surrounding herself with friends and acquaintances.

When she asks to see more of the kingdom he doesn't hesitate. He mentions hills overlooking a creek, he notes if they were to leave now they could most likely catch the sun setting!

Vita was curious and in no way shape or form would turn down an adventute. Something that may get her in trouble in the near future, but for now she remains naive. Well, we better be off then!

She flaps the wings on her back, they lift her from the ground but as she is in the sky her teal spotted equine form shifts to the black crow. Perhaps her early reaction to his bird flying would make sense now. The large black bird gives a wink, she flutters in the air as she awaits the guidance from Aodhan.

Fear Controls You

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    It may have occurred to him that the young mare-to-be before him would be easy prey for those with ill intentions; and perhaps he shouldn’t have invited her or maybe he should tell her now that the world was more dangerous than he. But he didn’t want to spoil the fun, let her have a good time and go home, and maybe her mother can scold her when she gets there and smells of him. In the meantime, he’ll make sure nothing actually happens.

That’s the rational part. The emotional part just wants to greedily keep her close, be her friend, and who knows, maybe someday she likes to live here - though to be honest, none of his… interests (love interest is too strong a word, especially for young Vita), so far wanted to. It was something he had to try and live with; for now he just enjoyed what, when, and who he could. Not anyone younger than him so far, he took care of that.

Was that so bad? He thinks not. So far they all seem happy with both him and their children.

She shifts, a dark speck in the air: a crow. He chuckles, then matches her - almost. The white raven circles her, then speeds off to the south, his intended goal. Perhaps they’ll make a race of it, or he can show off his flying skills and see where she’s at. The latter sounding far more interesting in his mind the moment he thinks of it, he makes a backwards flip mid-air and caws at her. Let’s see what this bird’s got.

@[Vita]