• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  will you leave them stunned and stuttering; fairies

Morgayne

A year ago Morgayne had been born in Sylva. Her mother had dropped her and beyond that performed little other maternal duty. She had followed another mare who was going to captivity in Pangea and there Morgayne had deposited herself into the custody of her older half brothers.

It has been an unconventional childhood and the pink girl has spent a fair amount of it putting others right and learning to make sense of the world. It has been a boon to be small and bubblegum pink, with a lisping sweet voice framed by the pearly little fangs hanging over her lower lip.

But she is growing older, and even though her springy courser build has promise she is miserable in it. It is becoming more difficult to go where she pleases, and in a little while longer she will be a grown Pangean and people will notice when she crosses their borders, she won’t be able to decide what wounds need putting right or learn the way others behave together without their behavior being altered by her presence. Children are just children, easy to forget, ignore, permit trespass.

Her first birthday has been a thing to grieve, and she has not been home for days. This is not unusual except that she hasn’t gone to see Malone or ventured into any of the territories and make herself an adorable nuisance. Instead she has all but paced a track in the meadow, looking speculatively up at the mountain. No one goes up that she can follow, no example is laid before her on how she is to proceed. This is not the first time she has not known what to do however, and it does not prevent her from proceeding after some deliberation.

On the morning of the third day Morgayne gets up from beneath a small pine tree, letting its needles drag over her pink back as she steps into the blue haze of early morning. The girl shakes the dew from her skin and points herself at a path up The Mountain.

The climb is the most difficult she has ever endured, and her long young legs burn and ache. She could heal the inflammation, tame the pain, but the struggle seems important, vital. The willpower required to resist sparing herself even when a stress fracture lames her and she limps the final leg of her journey, a trip that ends somewhere high above the treeline where wind packed snow crunches beneath her feet and numbs her hurts with a new kind of pain. This is a journey that would have been much easier for a grown mare, but she has made it all the same.

“Please.” A pause, she isn’t sure who or what is meant to hear her lisping speech. “I don’t want to be always growing older and bigger, but I know I cannot be small forever. Please help me.”

Morgayne does want to grow up someday, but not now, and not forever.

when they finally come, what'll you do to them
    gonna decimate them like you did to me?
    will you leave them stunned and stuttering

@[Officials] Morgayne is requesting the ability to change the age she appears at will.
    Morgayne has rolled a 5 and will not receive a quest. You may return in one month's time. For a period of no less than two RL weeks, Morgayne will be the size of a rabbit.