• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [PQ - in progress] Gracious men are those who suffer; Fairies
    Briella
    isn't it lovely all alone? heart made of glass, my mind of stone. tear me to pieces skin to bone.

“Dovev is gone!” she cries out, screams- a dire voice amidst the wind and wild: an echo in the mountains and their vast reaches. “My brothers- my sisters, gone! Expelliarmus, Gryffen… all of it!” she breaks in that moment- shatters and feels herself fading. Tears and anguish write themselves into her gemstone eyes, and her coat… as beautiful as it is, has been ragged and muddied: covered by nettle and thorn, and burrs that dig into the skin. “Years, I’ve lost years-- not even lost, just phased through them! I’m sliding in and out of some awful place, this void beyond the world. I’ve lost so much, everything and everyone.”

She’s raspy and in pain, her breath and chest: her every muscle tender; but climbs and carries on- walks the path that is so familiar to her. “You- you all raised me, cared for me in the Den and when the world was sick? I gave everything to make sure she would come back to life. I set foot in Icicle Island first- I found the lake, and Gods above and all you Fairies know how I bled to try. So many of us did… so many, and we did it. We saved it.”

There is shaking in her body, brittle bones and aching in her mind: the shadows of darker thoughts in her head. “But they have everyone, they have their own… I… I’ve lost so many. You’re all I have left, and this Void. Please-” she struggles, her body and mind unable to fathom it: to even understand. Quiet, though, and sobbing between breaths- she finds herself swallowing back the fear and anguish- the pain.

With some modicum of strangeness to her person she looks to the ice in her mane and tail… to the spatters of jewel-like color and even the gemstone eyes and hooves: her weight shifting as she rounds the platform and top… as she stands looking up and around- desperate to hear them and to know they’re present.

Briella recalls each face, each name, and every demeanor they have taken- and that is why she finds herself looking wildly about: almost too eager for the golden bangles or flutters of wings in the air. A pain in her voice remains as she sighs, trying to speak once more. “Let me, please, belong somewhere- to the Fairies or the Void.”

tl;dr she was raised by the faeiries in the den long ago and the void by strange way- I'm willing to write out a 3 Space Trait for Fey Mimicry or Eldritch Mimicry if she gets it or it is allowed. Otherwise I kinda just would dig a Manipulation or Healing, you guys' choice.
    Eyes as brilliant as its matte brown coat is dull blinking wide, and the Fairy appears ahead of Briella. It is neither lovely nor appalling, lacking the glimmer of many of its siblings. But its smile is no less kind, and the benevolence that emanates from the soft face has cooled many a wild heart.

"There are travails in company as well as in loneliness," it says to the girl. "No family is perfect. Go and find others, and speak to them of this. When you feel you have a better understanding of what you request, you may return here and tell me what you have learned."

Briella has rolled a 6 and will receive a quest. Go thread with 3 other characters (NPC x3 or other played characters) and speak with them about their experience with their family and friends.