• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not Afraid To Bite || Any ||
    Sabrina

She rarely ever traveled in her equine form, and she almost feels odd being in tbis skin. She shouldn't, Pteron was a horse after all, but still she can probably count the time she has spent as a horse. It always seemed easier in the hound form, others stayed away and only the most daring approached her.

Maybe it was because she was so used to the taste of blood, but these cherries were divine. There is no wonder in her mind as to why the pale stag sought out these delicate fruit, and even though they were not in full bloom there flavor didn't lack.

As a hound she didn't care what blood dripped around her mouth, but it was certainly odd to see a horse with red oozing from the corner of there mouth. Pteron reaches his blue maw out to her own, he gently wipes away juice that she barely noticed. Her gaze flicking to his for a moment, and her body grew warm with embarrassment.

She smiles at him though, she wonders where his mind lingered, among other things. The possibility of these two becoming a pair was there, though little do they both know the discontent Lepis would have for a child of Mary. She allows her mind to wonder for a moment, but just revels in it.

He responds to her questiom which brings her back from her thoughts. He jokes about not visiting the forest enough to know when the fruit was season and she gently giggles in response. She listens intently as he continues to speak, telling her that he usually spends his time in Taiga or Loess.

The mention of the kingdom that banished her parents makes her body grow tense. What do you do in Loess? I've never met someone who has ties to two kingdoms. Of course it's not impossible even though she hadn't heard of it before. Her interest has peaked, Taiga was a land under Nerine but did they quietly work for Loess as well?

But when he mentions visiting the isle a smile tugs at her lips. He admits he went once before, but during the daylight, and he mentions the nothern lights. Oh yes! She says, and the joy for her home is clearly detected. Her den was deep in the isle, and from fall to spring she had the perfect view.

It is truly a beautiful sight! It is strongest from fall to spring, you should come visit! She opens an invitation to him, to show him what he's missing. But also to learn more about this cream and blue stranger.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Pteron]
    Pteron has flirted with enough strangers to recognize shyness, and to know how similar it can look to discomfort. He is curious how she might respond to him stepping closer, and wonders if he might make the warmth of her embarrassment blaze into something more enjoyable. But without knowing his interest is mirrored, Pteron is equally content to step back, lean away and shift his weight into a more comfortable position.

He’s even more glad of this as he senses the tension that his answer has caused. Pteron had already mentioned both kingdoms, yet somehow this mention of them together has agitated his companion in a way that they had not before. He considers changing the subject, but Sabrina instead questions him further.

“The same I do it Taiga,” the dun stallion tells her truthfully. “My father is still the Champion of Loess, and though my mother is the Comtesse of Taiga she considers the land to be loyal to Loess rather than Nerine.” Pteron admits several things: his parents identity, his own membership in a royal family, and the shifting of loyalties in the Nerenian territories. It occurs to him after he says this, that Sabrina might not be the best horse to have admitted this too.

Though she intends to challenge for the leadership of the Icicle Isle, Sabrina has given no indication of where she stands when it comes to Nerine. He is inexplicably grateful when she shifts the conversation back to the nothern lights, and he grasps onto it with relieved enthusiasm.

“A visit in the fall?” He repeats, his brows raising suggestively though he does not pursue the joke further without an invitation. Instead, he brings up another woman, which he’s well aware suggests the very opposite. Pteron is a flirt, after all, but there is a reason he has avoided his mother's efforts to marry him off. He is not ready to settle down, however much he might be inclined to jest about keeping Sabrina warm on a cold Isle night.

“If your offer extends to others as well, I have a friend who’d probably like to see that. She’s from Loess too.”

@[Sabrina]
    Sabrina

Her own mind grows curipus of bis intentions, but she draws them back as he finds a spot further away from her.

When he speaks he admjts that Taiga as a whole is loyal to Loess and her eyes nearly pop from her head. Interesting, She hadn't truly been aligned to any kingdom other than the Isle itself, but she wasn't on the best terms with Loess since they banished her parents and truly they probably don't want another hound ruling a land.

Thats interesting, must keep you busy. Is being tied to both lands something you want? She keeps his information stored in her mind, but truly it had not effect on her for the time being. She does truly wonder if that was what he wanted though, or if he was just folllwing his parents lead.

The conversation shifts to a much gentler topic though, and when she mentions the perfect season for seeing the northern lights he seems to grow interested as well. But when she shares the perfect time to see the lights he asks about bring a friend, a female friend.

Her gaze finds his with a grin, I guess, if you're trying to turn it into a party. She wonders if it would be bad to let so many Loessians into her home, or perhaps it could be beneficial for her. Though some more quality time with the pale stag could proove worthy of her time in the absence of Crevan, she still clings to there relationship and thus doesn't press any one on one time with him.

The girl shifts back to her hound form once more, she moves a few paces away from him before glancing back. I really should be getting back home now Pteron, thank you for introducing me to cherries and if you do choose to visit in the fall just call out for me. She gives a gentle nod of her head and with it slips away into the depths of the forest.
    Not Afraid To Bite

@[Pteron] figured we could wrap this up and start a new one come fall Smile