• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Our Last Connection ||Birthing||

Long May She Reign

She was surprised that she had not given birth earlier, what with this not being her first and from the stress of losing Sylva. She has been through a lot and she didn't think this child would ever come, but alas the time has arrived.

She had a constant pain growing, but it was a familiar one and so she looked for a place to settle into. It wasn't Sylva, with her circle of trees that kept her isolated from the world. She was filled with sorrow but only for a moment, it was not a time to get sentimental, she had a child to birth after all.

She found a mossy area that was protected by a few trees, good enough she thinks to herself. As she settles into the area it was just in time as the contractions hit there peak. With each contraction she pushes, it seemed to come easier and easier with each child and though it was still painful this one seemed to come faster than the rest.

She gave one last push and a little filly lay on the ground, looking around the world for the first time. She smiles at her briefly, the green filly that looked identical to Mary when she was a foal, splashed with grey. She presses her maw to the filly's cheek, the thought of this being Mary and Sinner's last foal together forced a rush of emotions on Mary. She breathed in the scent of the young one, hoping to remember Sinner's own. 

Even though she wanted to sit here all day reminiscing in the memories she had with this child's father, he was gone for now, and she couldn't dwell on it any longer. Come on, she says and she lifts herself off the ground, nudging the filly in an effort to encourage her off as well. Divest she smiles as she says her name with the last nudge.

MARY

@[Divest]

In the womb, it was her serenity. A quiet place where she could her the faint rush of blood flowing. A nearby heart beat softly as well. She came to familiarize herself with every beat it made. At times she could hear a feminine voice. She connected to this voice in ways only a mother and child could ever.

It was a bond that could never truly be broken. A love of a mother that wedged itself so deep into the soul of her creation. It was one of the most powerful things in the world, and even without truly knowing anything she knew she could always rely on that individual.

But no matter how much she had come to love the quiet place in the womb, or the faint voice of the mare, the small girl knew there was more beyond these warm walls. More than the voice that spoke to her as well.

When the time came, she knew not to fight it. She remained still and followed the flow of where the opening came, revealing the most beautiful thing she could ever imagine—light. There was not just darkness. There was a light—beautiful and bright.

She is also met with the cold. At first, she shuns the coldness. Feeling herself shake, but a warm muzzle presses gently on her cheek. The heat of the muzzle is warm, and she smiles instantly at the touch. She pushes herself against the muzzle of the creature that is so warm. A soft giggle releases through her lips, feeling only pure joy in this moment.

The filly opens her eyes slowly, revealing silver eyes. Adjusting to the bright new light was strange, but she was so eager to meet the warm creature at her side. It was better than her quiet serenity only moments ago. The object in front of her is a pastel green blob, but slowly her vision comes into focus. She finally sees the pastel mare clearly. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The newborn giggles again with delight.

“Come on,”  a  familiar voice comes from the pastel mare. Her small ear twitch forward at the familiarization. Her smile widens further, watching with silver gleaming eyes as the mare lifts from the ground and nudges her with encouragement. With the last nudge, a strange yet distinct word is given to her. She takes ownership of the word. There is strength in it—Divest.

She doesn’t wait to be nudged again. Instinct takes over easily as the girl finds balance quickly on her limbs. With two limbs forward and two back, the pastel green filly forces herself up. She stumbles a couple of times, but never once did she thought of giving up until she stands firmly next to the pastel mare. The filly beams with satisfaction once she finds herself standing firmly on her own four hooves.

“Mama,” she says with joy, her eyes sparkling as she looks at the mare’s own gaze. “I did it!” She giggles with excitement.

@[Mary]
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Long May She Reign

Even though Divest was her fifth child, she loved her as much as the rest. A beautiful mix between her and Sinner and her mind wonders if she will also have canine abilities like her siblings.

Her eyes truly glance over the filly, she was green just as Mary was as a girl. Her eyes a gorgeous silver, and her hooves a sparkly diamond. She would grow into a beautiful mare and perhaps one day her siblings would have to keep a close eye on her and those who linger too close.

But today she is still young and innocent, marvelling at the world around her. It didn't take much time or encouragement, Divest found her feet and quickly takes to Mary calling her 'Mama'. 

The young girl was proud of herself for getting up, a task that seems so small to an adult but is simply the world for a child. I did it! the young girl exclaims and Mary's muzzle finds her way to the girls neck, engraining her smell to memory. Yes you did Divest. Her voice was gentle and warm, she wasn't in Sylva anymore. Her eyes scan the horizon and she steps away from her young, further into the resort. This is our home Divest, she smiles waiting for the filly to follow and explore her new home.

MARY

@[Divest]

Feeling confident about her strength now, the pastel filly focuses on her mother before her. She is in awe of the beauty the source of the voice holds. For so many days she dreamed of meeting the voice that she could hear and sometimes spoke to her. Her silver eyes trace across every curve of her body, noticing the pastel green that her mother is dipped in. She likes that color very much.

Her eyes gleam further when @[Mary] touches her neck. Her muzzle is warm and soft. Divest turns her muzzle towards her mother, pushing hers against the green mare’s. The girl’s ear flickers at the gentle words from her mother. Her smile widens with happiness at the proudness she hears in her mother’s voice.

Mary suddenly steps away; her ears flicker forward as she clearly watches her mother step away. When her mother mentions that this is her home, she realized she had not looked to where she was. Quickly, her eyes flicker across the scenery around her.

The pastel filly’s jaw drops in marvel. Slowly, her eyes travel across the land, noticing the different tropical plants and bright colors. Her eyes then drop down to the sandy floor, noticing how beautiful white it is.

A sparkle appears at the corner of her eye. Divest focuses on the sparkly, noticing her two hooves shine brightly then curiously. She also notices her limbs are the same color as her mother. The girl laughs softly. “We are the same color!” She bleeps out as her silver eyes quickly turn to look to Mary. “And my feet are so shiny!” She turns to look down at Mary’s now, but notices they are a different color. “But yours are not like mine.” She speaks quietly, curiously looking at how red they are.

The girl smiles wide again. “I like them both though,” she says happily before taking a few step towards where Mary has moved to. Her first steps are a bit wobbling, but as quickly as she found her balance, she finds walking to be a breeze. “I also like our home too, mama! I like it all very, very much!” She takes a couple steps forward from her mother’s side, and peers back. “Can we see more of it?” She asks with excitement.
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

i found the antidote. i let the anger go and mother nature found it's place.
    now we're compatible, my inner animal, i wanted blood and got a taste.

His ears had not known the harping sounds of birth, the snorting and shuffling of leaves and twigs… of sand. He had not been privy to strain or stress and certainly knew nothing of Mary nor Divest- they were not where he was right now. For he began beneath the waves: beneath the sun and within the sea… stretched elongated: made of cartilage and muscle as the scaled sharkskin glinted briefly and fins breach the surface. His tail flicked hard and he drifted near and around the beaches and the shallows… the murk of sand kicked up enough to provide some cover as the would-be-predator spun and twiled and slowly pulled himself to new shape and new adaptations.

Long legged and built from warmer blood the equine-esque creature imitated a kind of iridescent scaling along his body and the dark black color of it rippled shades of navy and deep purple before they began to fade into a brilliant and startling bright royal blue on the tips of what seemed to be fins lopped to the side across his neck and along his hindquarters. The same appeared on his ankles and knees and he imitated shark’s teeth beneath his lips as he shuddered and shook: the facetious image of a Kelpie, or atleast a pseudo-Kelpie.

Nonetheless he notes the sand upon his hooks and the dripping water… and like a cuttlefish or squid his colors burst suddenly as they changed and warped to pale white and yellow with touches of brown or red.

Miring in the air amidst the island he found himself, he glanced back to the jungles and rocks: to the leaves and tropical things beyond the shore. With curiosity he walks and wanders- unchanging and drifting amidst the world. Patterns come and go, and while he maintains the similarity of the amphibian design… flower colors burst across him and the texture of his skin shudders and changes once or twice to imitate rock or trees and even the brush.

Still he finds himself paused enough at the glinting of something in the distance and with a sense of calm and relaxed pacing he drifts forward- maintaining a pattern of a pale white or gold so vague and soft it only showed in light. His fins all touched by highlights of gold or yellow and his eyes became a strange myriad of blues and greens, pausing himself at the sight of the mother and her young daughter there is some hesitation and he twitches an ear before calling out to simply state that he was there, a whistle.

Rather than assume, he closes the gap slowly: sure to maintain that had the mother not wished it- he would go; but Nodens is curious at the diamond girl and her ruby mother, and so he speaks from a safe and peaceable distance.

“Forgive my interruption to your walk, I am Nodens the former Prince of Ischia when Ivar ruled and of Pangea when Yidhra called herself Archon. My tide swept me here, and I am unfamiliar with the regions wholly and truly- would mind telling me where I have washed ashore?”  the latter is playful, and he offers her a grin.

Nodens

@[Mary] @[Divest]  D: Sorry that took so long
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

Long May She Reign

It was a monumental moment when a foal takes there first steps, and Divest was as proud as ever. Her first steps would be wobbly, but once she got a hang of it she would be running and it would be Mary who would have to keep up.

Mary steps away, an attempt at encouraging the young girl to grow stable in her movement. She doesn't go far, a few paces or so as she waits for Divest to follow, and she does. The young girl glancing over her home for the first time, and she looks at it in amazement. You never get a first impression twice, and so she may never experience the feelings she has in this moment again, so Mary stands quiet while she takes it in.

As the girl takes in the world she glances at her own pelt and noting that she and Mary shared the same color. Mary gently laughs at the fillies amazement and nods her head, but before she could respond Divest noted there hooves. They are a different color, but just as special! She smiles, her and her children share a rare trait among beqanna, it didn't help in battle but certainly added to there beauty.

Divest quickly picked up on walking and was quick to explore, excited to see more she asks to explore the island. Mary smiles and agrees, she allows the child to go where she pleases while staying a healthy couple of paces away.

They find themselves near the shore, the smell of saltwater was strong and the sound of water lapping the shore could be heard. But among the other noises she hears another equine calling out, her head quickly whips to the source and she spots another.

He grows closer and her eyes narrow on him, he looked familiar and she quickly assumed him to be an Ivar descendant. The kelpie like form, the gold hues that reflected off him. Although she trusted Ivar she could not simply give trust to this stag, and so she steps before her daughter protecting her from any harm.

When he reaches them he was quick to introduce himself, and even gave a brief history lesson which confirmed in Mary's suspicion of his father. She was rather shocked by his diplomatic skills, and decides that he doesn't seem to be a threat and for it she steps away from her child allowing her to be seen. Ivar you say? she asks with a grin, I know Ivar very well. she steps closer to the stag. You have found yourself in the resort, have you an intention to stay? She glances to her child before she finds his stag once more and I'm Mary, she reluctantly offers her name leaving Divest's introduction to herself.

MARY

She smiles wide at her mother’s words. Everything was special to the pastel filly here! She didn’t quiet expect the world outside of the womb to be so grand. Why didn’t she come out sooner?

Divest follows along side her mother for a couple of paces. She then decides to take off a little ahead of her mother. Although the first couple of times she always turned around to ensure her mother was still there. She was, which set the filly’s worries behind.

The pastel filly on their journey spent running from one place to the next. She bopped her nose deep into the bed of flowers, curious about the sweet smell that came from them, a couple of times. Then there was a couple of times she stared in awe at how tall some of the tropical trees were.

It wasn’t until the smell of something sharp filled her nostrils that she came to her mother’s side. Her ears flickered uncertain at the smell of salt and the crashing of waves against the seashore. Divest’s silver eyes looked to her mother for clarification. However, the strange ring in the air sends both of her small ears forward and alert. Her eyes quickly dart around, searching for where the noise came from.

In the distance, she spots something coming their way. Divest, curious, finds herself wanting to approach the other creature coming their way. The colorfulness of the other big horse draws her in. However, her mother steps in front of her. Divest gives a loud protest at her mother’s actions.

She pokes her head out from the side of her mother’s pastel body despite being shielded from the stranger. Her ears remain flicked forward as she hears the conversation between her mother and the stranger. Divest isn’t exactly sure who they are talking about. The word sounds strange, but it seems to mean something to her mother and the stranger.

Mary then steps closer to the stallion, leaving Divest to come to the side of her mother. She takes the same step forward, matching the same place where her mother stands too. Her gaze glances to her mother during the conversation and then Mary glances to her for her to introduce herself. Divest quickly turns to look back to the stranger of different coloring.

“I’m Divest!” She says happily with a touch of proudness at the end for introducing herself. “Did you come to play with us?” Divest asks with sudden excitement in her voice.

@[Nodens] @[Mary]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

i found the antidote. i let the anger go and mother nature found it's place.
    now we're compatible, my inner animal, i wanted blood and got a taste.

His politeness is mired in interest, and a strange prickling sensation wherein he finds himself looking around the wild greenery and sand-mixed soil: briefly tracking to the beautifully colored pair and the facets of light that broke across the gemstone colorations and pieces of them. With his ears leaning forward his notices first, the posture that Mary has taken in the continued seconds and minutes- the fins splayed and his Kelpie-esque imitation made for vivacity as Nodens spoke up with some intrigue at her talk of Father… his Father. Such it was that his head bobbed and tilted in some agreement, and the deep rumbling of a voice retained a curiosity within the polite tone.

“@[Mary],”  he remarks, allowing the sound to roll across the tongue and through her lips.  “A very beautiful name,, it compliments you; but I am not so sure if I will be. It is hard to tear a Kelpie and Kraken born son away from the sea… and there is plenty here; but also in other places.”  he is simple enough, though his smile almost accidentally reveals the innately sharpened teeth possessed by his imitation- shark like and serrated. Shirking back what he could his own posture changed more and he tried his best to appear non-threatening to the woman and her child.

Calm in the moment and quick to note the girl’s interest he chuckles at the @[Divest]- aware of the facet glean and refraction of light… tempted to try but, her appearance was almost beyond him. An infinite curiosity brewed in the whole of his mind; but he snaps from it at her sudden burst of a voice and at the closeness the pair have come to him. Head bowed and gestures of greetings made he spoke to Divest to answer the question that hung in the air.  “Play? I would be a poor companion for that in this state; but I have another that could be far better for it, depending on how you mean.”  he is softer with the girl, a part of him aware of the fillies age and her various differences in strength and energy.

To note his point about changing forms, about better ones, he allows the gold and pale colorations to suddenly splash wild with bursts of brown and red… with touches of pale yellows and under-layered black… scales and skin becoming tougher but coated in fur that seemed softer and fluffier. Smaller now by far the wide and dark eyed feline stretched itself amidst the foliage and the leaner body was covered in various print marking atop yellow or golden fur. Twitching his ears and waving his tail idly about, he looked to Mary and Divest with a nod.

“See, many forms. Though, none are as colorful or intriguing as your own.”  the Ocelot Imitation states with a chuckle, perched idly on his back legs.

Nodens

PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

Long May She Reign

With all her children she had to return to her duties as queen, she tried her best to raise each of them but some fell more neglected than others. This time around she had no demanding job...instead she has all the time to properly raise Divest, and ensure she grows up properly.

She allows the young foal to introduce herself, it was important that Divest learns confidence and this was exactly one way to boost that confidence. She watches as Divest introduces herself, even inquiring if he was here to play.

Her smile fades as her gaze shifts to the stag, she didn't trust his intentions yet. She cautiously keeps Divest within her gaze as she listens to the stag speak.

He says both there names, and even gives away his hidden life as a kelpie. Ivar, the kelpie stag flicks to her mind. Ischia wasn't far away, and she knows that he has a surplus of children. Though she doesn't inquire if he is the child of the stag she once knew, instead she just snorts.

Her body growing more relaxed as the conversation continues, her eyes slowly turning to Divest as he speaks to her. He says that he wouldn't be a good companion to play with her, but before Mary could route the child away from Nodens, he speaks again. This time he says he does have a companion who would be better at playing, she quickly becomes defensive again but watches as the equine before her shifts into an ocelot.

Her gaze turns to Divest who appears to be in awe of his transformation and she once again allows her tension to leave her body. Shapeshifter? she asks, he gives many hints that he can take on many forms and she wonders what else he is capable of.

MARY

@[Divest]