• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

OOC Board Clean Up and Automatic Aging

Board Cleaning

Because I like to clean, some things. If you have objections or suggestions, please let me know. Otherwise, all this will take effect sometime after July 28th, when I get a chance.

Post Pruning
    Threads that haven't been posted in on the following boards will be automatically deleted after the specified amount of time below. Threads that are sticky on the board will *not* be deleted, regardless of how long they have been up.

Chat - 2 years
    Away - 2 years
    Breeding Ads - 1 year
    Plots - 1 year
    To-do lists - 1 year
    HTML Lab - 1 year
    HTML & Image Request - 1 year
    Trackers - 3 years

Posting Format Changes
    -- To-Do Lists - please have one thread per player, and just update your thread.

-- PMP - Please post one thread per player that you wish to PMP. Edit your post to keep your listing up to date.

Automatic Aging

We now have automatic aging for characters, so you don't have to remember to update your age anymore! A few notes:
    1) The age of your character must be a number (no decimals) for this to work
    2) If your character is immortal, you can change the age to "immortal" unless you want to track how old they are, in which case just leave the number to see how ancient your character gets
    3) If your character is dead, they probably shouldn't be aging anymore, so change your age to "deceased"
    4) If you have some weird slow aging or something happening and just want to avoid the automatic aging system, write your age out like "ten" instead of 10, and the system won't work for that particular character

All that said, please take a few minutes to update your characters! Additionally, keep an eye on them over the next few months to make sure the system is working, but so far it's been working in tests. I have it set to update on the 18th of every other month, starting with January (so basically birthing season). So it should theoretically update all your babies tomorrow if I didn't screw it up....I may need to adjust dates and such till we get it exactly right, but that's where we are at for now.