• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; castile, any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

Loess, she thinks with uncertainty.

She stands at the border, upon one of the tallest rocky hills that look down onto Loess, near the mountains that border Hyaline. Her silver-blue eyes can across the horizon of the rocky hills that are naturally a hardy greenery year around by the fresh and saltwater springs. There are patches of yellow-dried grass though, kissed by winter itself.

A brisk winter wind from the east blows her direction. It picks up strands of her white and silver hair, sending her mane running wild and free. She doesn’t care to tame it though. The view from where she stands is still clear and crisp. From up here she can see everything.

Dracarys needed every moment right now. She had to decide if Loess was to be her new home. Her father, Sinner, had told her to come here, but the last few days she had tossed the idea around. It seemed a bad idea coming to a place where she was stained as the daughter of the hellhound. The daughter of a traitor. All for a crown—a crown she wonders if it was worth it all in the end.

Loess was not too unfamiliar with her. She had spent a couple days here looking for her mother, Valdis, but not even that had been fruitful. Now claiming it as her home was quite different then hunting down her mother. Still, she has yet to find her either. Pangea was the place she needed to search next, but for now she wrestles with the idea of truly making Loess her home.

character info: here | character reference: here

@[Castile] and anyone else are welcome
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile wants, yearns, for a familial closeness and unity that is unmatched. The need for it burrows deep into his soul, creating an unsated ache. His children have all dispersed – save for a few that remain idly nearby – and some have families themselves that Castile has not had the opportunity to meet yet. He wants to be there, to be a present father and grandfather, but an invisible barrier prevents him from doing so. Chains shackle him just out of reach of his family.

But she, young Dracarys, comes with a key that unlatches and frees him from his restraints. It comes as a surprise, her arrival, but when he notices her in the distance, she nearly mirrors Valdis. It’s in the way she walks, in her pretty face, and in the shades of blue that stretch across her body. There is a familiarity in her that sinks into Castile’s bones immediately and bursts through his heart. There is no hesitation. Within a hearts breadth, he moves toward her.

Although puzzling to be unaware of her name, he doesn’t let it hinder his approach as the distance gradually closes. Each step inches his nearer. Each second enables his eyes to trace another of her features – her eyes, her mouth, her curious expression – until he is in front of her, the organic gate into Loess. ”Hello,” his voice is vibrant though deep as the single word rumbles from the depths of his throat. The heat of his breath coils past his lips into the wintry air. ”Who, might I ask, are your parents?” He wants to assume, to immediately pull her into an embrace if she is exactly who he thinks, but he hesitates. He reconsiders with a flick of an ear and a quick glance down to his hooves.

Too forward, he tells himself. Too eager.

With a shake of his head and neck – his metallic locks dance wildly – he takes a dragged step back and levels his eyes onto her own. ”My apologies. Um, my name is Castile.” Your grandfather, maybe, he doesn’t add.

castile

@[Dracarys]

DRACARYS

From the first moment she was born, Dracarys knew she was almost an exact replica of her mother’s beauty. It was the same beauty her father had been caught up in the moment they met. It was the same beauty that caught her father’s eye as well. Her hellhound father—a simple-minded man but dependent entirely on himself—gave her every bit of attention she ever needed. Perhaps too much more than necessary she always thought.

Beauty was not the only thing she inherited. She grew independent and strong like both of her parents were. Resourceful in her own way. Learning skills and ways that would eventually help establish her somewhere later in her life. She was quick witted and hardheaded when needed too.

In the distance, her silver-blue eyes catch onto the black, white, and gold stallion that comes her way. The familiar golden mane and tail quickly make her think of her mother. It would be wrong to not assume this was her dragon grandfather. The same grandfather that called her father a traitor. She snorts softly at the thought of recent events as she watches him make his way closer to where she stood at the border.

When he is finally in front of her, perhaps a bit too close, she gives him a quick look over. Her right ear flickers forward at his greeting that seems almost overly excited for someone so eager to meet a stranger at the border. But she is not a stranger to the dragon-king as much as she thought she might be. He knows her already and asking questions like he asked seemed a bit much.

“Hello, indeed,” she says sternly, but there is a hint of humor in her voice. The dragon-king then takes a step back. This time she fully looks over the stallion who denied the crown from her father. A crown she is still questioning was worth it all that was lost now—her home and family.

Dracarys matches her own gaze with his. She doesn’t blink, but stands proud and tall. A part of her wants to make her father proud and stand against the person who took it all from her. But another part of her cant blame @[Castile]—her grandfather—for what he has done. As much as she is young, she understands it simply is the way of politics.

“I know who you are,” she states harshly. Her tone is sharp and quick like a bite from a venomous snake. However, her eyes are soft as she stares back at eye-level to her grandfather. “And you know who I am,” her voice is softer this time. Uncertainty burrows her brow. She stands between two options, two choices, and deciding whether to be a hassle or not was not simple in this matter.

She snorts softly with distaste at herself. The blue girl never liked being this way. “My parents are Sinner and Valdis,” she says with pride. Her father might be a traitor here, but she was not the daughter of one. Her blood is equally valuable her in Loess as it was in Sylva. “And you are my grandfather.” It sounded strange to say, but she knows she at least must try to come to terms with it.

“I’m Dracarys,” she adds softly.

character info: here | character reference: here
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Her voice is a double-edged sword. It bites through the air, but there is still a hint of humor that cradles Castile’s attention as his eyes trace along her and pick apart the recognizable details. Her color and beauty are from her mother, but he notes small details that she inherited from her hellhound father. A look of distaste nearly surfaces at the thought of his daughter coupling with the mutt, but with a surge of energy, Castile suppresses the threat. His expression remains rather soft, a demeanor saved solely for family. The world sees him as a monster that burns everything in his path, but his family sees a greater side of him that is tender and adoring.

Admittedly, he wants to pull Dracarys in, to embrace her for the first time, and welcome her to Loess. Tucked in the caves – the dragon’s den – she has aunts, great aunts, an uncle, and her great-grandparents. A brood of them remains huddled together during the night, always keeping close to one another.

But that would still be too forward, too eager.

Yet, it’s increasingly difficult to restrain himself.

She confirms her identity to him – a name accompanied by pedigree – and Castile’s grin broadens. ”I thought so,” his voice rumbles pleasantly, pride pouring through his veins as their eyes meet. ”I’m so happy to finally meet you, granddaughter.” It’s strange to say the word, to imagine how his legacy is extending beyond his own children. His eldest twins have families of their own now, offspring to raise and adore. A warm smile permanently blossoms across his scarred face. ”Is this a visit or will you be staying here in Loess? Naturally, he hopes for the latter, inclined to dote on his granddaughter. ”You have some other family members here, too.” His eyes brighten underneath his metallic locks as he awaits her decision.

castile

@[Dracarys]

DRACARYS

Dracarys expects something more monstrous than the soft features that cover her grandfather’s face. She knows about his part in the great war that happened in Tephra. It is very detailed story she heard, parts she probably should not know for being so young. There was nothing monstrous or dangerous in his eyes, only a hint of something she recognizes in the way her parents looked at her.

She supposes not all monsters are just monsters. Her father had shown a softer side with her when she lived within Sylva—when she had a family. Now where was her family?

The blue yearling watches as the dragon-king’s grin spreads more across his voice. There is a touch of happiness in his eyes. No monster just yet. She wonders how long it will be before he shows the darker side of himself. The side where he burns and destroys.

He is happy to finally meet her, but Dracarys isn’t entirely sure if she holds the same feelings. It felt wrong to lie and say she felt the same way when she did not. So, she simply remains quiet, allowing her grandfather to continue speaking.

“My father told me to come here,” she says naturally, not nearly sure if she should decide to remain in Loess quite yet. “I’m not sure about it yet.” But perhaps she will eventually now that @[Castile] mentioned there is more of her family here. How exactly big is her family?

Her eyes flicker with soft interest as she thinks about the family she has yet to meet yet. “Maybe I’ll stay here for a couple of days.” Perhaps she would meet a couple of them, or maybe she will simply leave in the morning. She is standing at a fork in the road, torn between two paths before her.