• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Mother's Promise [Bane/Any]
    Find a stallion named Wolfbane in Taiga.

That was mother's departing words, it took him a bit ti decide if he wanted to meet this Wolfbane but in the end he made the trip.

He had been living a nomad life, the young boy a few weeks shy of being one couldn't handle the solitude. His parents were always very cautious with him, so when they abandoned him for his safety he was at a loss. He would never admit such a thing, but perhaps this Wolfbane guy could shed light of his situation.

He traveled in his wolf form, grey with red highlights. It seemed like forever to reach Taiga and when he did it wasn't much different from the nomad lands. Snow had kissed this kingdom as well, and nights were relentless.

He cautiously crosses the border, would Wolfbane know who Aries was? Was he expecting the young boy? He didn't know exactly how his mother knew this stag, but he had no one else to trust. He was tall and lanky, but he still had to fill out. He traveled low to the ground, his ears pinned to his dome and his tail tucked. He moved quickly avoiding open areas as much as possible, scanning for this possible Wolfbane.

@[Wolfbane]

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Lately, Wolfbane had been more alert than he usually was. He’d split his time between trying to learn the trails through here and spending time with his partial family, which he did a good job at, but there were always the small things distracting him. He’d hear the faint click of a rustling twig in one direction and go to look, then smell something unfamiliar and turn around again.

Mary’s parting words had kept him on a thin edge.

Make sure he gets out alive, she’d said, right before he decided to tell her where he’d be if she needed him.

Taiga.

And so ever since the news of Castile’s victory he’d been distracted by watching and waiting for the boy.

When Wolfbane heard the soft scuffle of unfamiliar paws over the misty soil, he went immediately to intercept it. The stallion slunk through the wide roots like a burglar, thinking the entire time about how Mary hadn’t exactly specified which son she’d be sending. She has more than one child, right?” He thought. His body curved like quicksilver around each bend.

Then he stopped. Just became still like a blurry picture coming into focus. There was the slinking wolf, wearing the old house colors of Mary and Sinner on his second skin. Gunmetal gray slashed through with a bloody red.

“I still smell your mother on you.” He called out calmly to the boy. He knew without a single doubt this was the colt Mary had meant. “Is she… alive?” Bane asked crisply.

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[Aries]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    He continued to travel, slowly, stopping every few paces. He would scan the horizon, ensuring no one was stalking him! It was not long until he was approached, a huge yellow and blue stag who wore the largest pair of wings he had ever seen. His heart beat fast and though he wanted to slink to the ground mother had taught him better. The wolf boy stood up straight, his gaze finding the large stags.

The silence was broken when the stranger speaks, he mentions mother and Aries knew this was Wolfbane. With a large smile creeping on his face the boy shifts from his canine form back to his equine one. The boy now chestnut and white with contrasting emerald hooves stood at a much more similar height.

The stag asks if Mary was alive and he nods his head, Yes, his voice was crisp. She made sure that Aries got out of Sylva safely, but that was also when she told Aries to find Wolfbane in Taiga and they went there seperate ways.

Are you Wolfbane? He was rather sure that this was the one he needed to find, why else would he recognize mothers scent? My name is Aries by the way, he offers up his name in an attempt to find his manners that lacked earlier. His eyes slipping around the horizon of Taiga, his new home.

@[Wolfbane]

Exactly as he’d suspected, Mary’s boy was a shifter. A wolf shifter. And that meant both trouble and possible good luck for the new guardian of the redwoods. Wolfbane watched curiously as the colt shed his one skin and turned into a horse, at the same time trying to mentally tuck the process away for later when he could try it himself. He knew that he was capable of animal shifting but so far, his ability to actually change was lacking. 

In his horse form, Mary’s son was chestnut patched white and his hooves (just like his mother’s) were made of gemstone. His hooves, however, were green and not red.

“Yes Aries,” The stallion told him, reaching down to offer his shimmering blue nose for a sniff, “I’m Wolfbane. You did a good thing, coming here.” He lied outright.

The truth was anything but. If Castile found out Mary and Sinner’s son… no, if Lepis found out who this colt belonged to, Aries might not last the night. But if he could convince them that the youngling was more of an asset than a problem, things might be okay. To Bane the small boy meant more than political gain but to his wife and the King of Loess? He was dangerous. A seed that could grow into a wicked tree of revenge.

“Your mom sent you here to train with me, understand?” Wolfbane quickly made up, glaring down at the leggy colt with a serious expression, “If you listen and learn, you’ll be the strongest and the best. I promise.” Bane assured him. “And if you don’t listen and learn, Mary said I could take you to the edge of the world and kick you off.” He teased, smirking.

It was unlike him to try and be so forcefully easygoing, or to outright lie as much as he was lying right now, but for the sake of Bane’s life, Aries life, and maybe even Mary’s life it seemed necessary to do. “Will you behave and study under me, as my apprentice? Mary told me you were the brightest star of all her children. Is that right?”

WOLFBANE

@[Aries]
    Aries

He felt odd in his equine form, traveling as a wolf was just easier. Plus it was easied to spy in his canine form, easily missed when attempting to hide. But in this moment there was no where to hide, instead he stands before the much more mature stag.

He had a long line of family members that still lingered in beqanna, but mother told him to find Wolfbane....certainly she had his best interest at heart...

He introduces himself officially and a gentle smile tugs at his lips. He instantly felt comforted in his decision for coming to Taiga. He wasn't fully aware of the evil that the southern kingdom dealt in, and he certainly wasn't aware of all the recent drama that occured. Evil boiled in his blood, and at times it speaks to him, though he had been good at fighting it for now.

The conversation quickly shifts to a serious one, and perhaps at the same time it is his guidelines for living here now. Bane was quick to note he was here to train, what for exactly he didnt know. But he remains silent as he listens, Bane continues to note that Aries will be the best of the best if he trains hard. He also notes that him and mother agreed to throw Aries off and edge if he doesn't behave, his eyes shoot open wide as the words trickle into his ears, but as Bane smirks Aries relaxes again.

He ends the conversation by asking if Aries agrees to behave and train under him. He notes that mother said he was the best child and hearing it cause a smile to form on his mouth. He was still young and naive, he had no reason to fully trust this Bane, but he was also the only person he could trust.

Well, I sure hope so, he smiles in response, truly unsure of all his siblings. He has met Sabrina a few times and she seemed smart, but occupied with her own life. And Dania and Dane were a rare sight...so in reality that must make him the best child! But I will train under you, the colt dips his head slightly. Thank you for offering me this home, he says as his eyes scan Taiga. He was unaware of the internal battle Bane was having by taking Aries, but for some reason he felt like a child adopted by the blue and yellow stag and already he feels at home.

Your Only Limit Is You

@[Wolfbane]

This colt isn’t Gale.

Aries looked nothing like Wolfbane’s lost son. He’s not the same color or size, doesn’t sound like Gale or act like Gale. He’s a wolf in horse skin and he’s just confused - Bane can see it clearly in his ward’s eyes. But for some reason (and probably against his better judgement) Wolfbane is almost eager to have this youngling here with him, in Taiga. It’s like the elder stallion hadn’t realized his desperate need to fill the recent darkness Gale had left behind.

Whether he liked it or not, Wolfbane needed this sort of distraction.

“You’re welcome boy.” The bulky male smiled, looking fondly over the eager little apprentice while Aries looked at Taiga. “Your mom and I believe you have what it takes to be a leader, Aries.” He explained carefully, reaching toward the colt with one wing. Bane used his white feathers to urge the young wolf shifter into the woods with a gentle nudge, and then followed beside Mary’s son as a guide.

“So I’m going to train you just like her father, your grandsire Arthas, trained me.” The Commandant pegasus told him. There was nothing but the muffled sound of their hooves and the gentle, low murmur of Bane’s deep voice. “Being a good leader isn’t easy Aries. It’s the opposite: very hard. So you need to think carefully… do you really want to learn?”

After asking that, Wolfbane slowed to a halt. It was so wrong to lie so deeply but someday Aries would understand. Perhaps. Bane had to be sure the boy would follow his orders if he stayed here! Else it could cost the young colt his life and worse trouble for the trojan-like pegasus.

Wolfbane lowered his hazel eyes and stared hard at Aries, waiting.

WOLFBANE

@[Aries]
    Aries

He didn't know anything about Bane, not that he lost a child, not the large amount of children he has and not that he could fill the void he feels. The stag had no blood relations to Aries, yet he took on the role simply by request of mother, and that alone says a lot on his character.

His whole life has been twisted, in a world of darkness Bane appears to be the light. When he speaks Aries looks at him optimistically, and he feels overjoyed when he talks about the prospect he holds. A good leader, he was heir when mother and father were still rulers, and so mother helped raise him to be a 'proper leader'. He hadn't given it much thought though, it was certainly a daunting task! But he was young and naive and during his training with Wolfbane he may see the good side of it.

The stag's large wing opens, it wraps around him for a moment nearly tapping him and urging them both forward. He doesn't question it and he moves alongside the stag towards the woods, taking in all surroundings of his new home.

Wolfbane's next sentence has his eyes flicking towards him. He mentions his grandsire and he had never heard of him (mainly because Mary and he didn't get along). Being pulled to the characteristics of Bane he feels a sense of pride that his own bloodlines played a role in his development. Really!? He says marveling at the unknown history.

Again he asks Aries if he was ready to undergo training to be a leader. He travels beside him quietly for a moment, it was a daunting task but something about the motivation in Bane peeks his interest. Wolfbane comes to a halt and so does Aries, his eyes find Banes and with a smile he nods his head. Yes, I will try my best to bring you pride. And that was all he wanted, to bring pride to this stag who so warmly accepted him into his life.

Your Only Limit Is You

@[Wolfbane]